• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Camping/fishing open carry

Alude904

I live in jacksonville and recently went camping at Little Talbot island. I dont usually read the regular park rules sign but did this trip. I noticed that they do not allow open carry. I usually go to Hanna park and huguenot park for the beaches and havent noticed whether they do not allow as well. Does anyone know from experience what state parks do not allow open carry?

j4l

Not sure about here locally, havent checked yet. Hanna, most likely not...
Just returned from camping myself, in the Keys, and there was nothing posted at the campgrounds there one way or the other. I open carried most of the time I was there, and no one so much as bothered to notice...

GoTigersGo

Fishing/Camping

I've never been the campgrounds on Little Talbot but I go fishing in Simpson's Creek and Myrtle Creek all the time and open carry. I'm not sure if the state park can ban open carry, though. Do you kayak fish?

Rich7553

I live in jacksonville and recently went camping at Little Talbot island. I dont usually read the regular park rules sign but did this trip. I noticed that they do not allow open carry. I usually go to Hanna park and huguenot park for the beaches and havent noticed whether they do not allow as well. Does anyone know from experience what state parks do not allow open carry?

Please take a picture of the sign next time you go and post it or send it via pm to me. Thanks.

Alude904

I dont fish too much. And im going to see if i can find park rules online.

Well they only have half of their rules online which are of course the main ones.