Thread: Victim of Robbery Loses Gun License & Faces Charges

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Victim of Robbery Loses Gun License & Faces Charges

In January, a home in Lowell belonging to Stanley Sokolowski was broken into, his home firearms storage vault broken into, and all his stored firearms and other items stolen. After the crime was reported, the Lowell Police Department filed charges against the victim!
    http://fleming-hayes.com/2011/03/dis...-being-robbed/

Also revoked his class A permit.

Anybody know more about this?
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Northeastshooters.com has covered this from the begining, You will find the thread there. I can tell you that the Chief in Lowell is complete C***Sucker. I have dealt with him in the past, when he was on the lower level of the dept. I patroled that area for a state agency and told him to stay out of my business unless I called, and that he could leave.

Appreciate your response.

This is so egregious (from what I know) as to be almost beyond comprehension.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

[QUOTE=Rattrapper;1501574]Northeastshooters.com has covered this from the begining, You will find the thread QUOTE]

at http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbu...ley+Sokolowski 11+ pages

Warning - NES does not censor language. There are NSFW words there.

Of course, the action taken by the cops/state make me think of NSFW words, also.

stay safe.

Things have gone from bad to worse in this case. Now the mayor of Lowell (total *******) has proposed a city ordinance that mandates anyone who owns a 10 or more firearms have a burglar alarm system and a vault installed in their home at their own expense.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post

Isn't that Websters definition of Massachusetts? Try growing up in Boston, which makes the rest of the cities in MA look like their PRO gun!
    Last edited by snatale42; 05-08-2011 at 05:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by snatale42 View Post
    Isn't that Websters definition of Massachusetts? Try growing up in Boston, which makes the rest of the cities in MA look like their PRO gun!
    Off topic a bit but I recently learned that Boston PD won't even issue an unrestricted LTC Class A to their own officers until after they have completed probation. They can can still carry off duty their 1st year but under the LEOSA and an MGL that allows carrying "Under the badge". This totally screws their own guys who want to purchase off duty weapons while on probation.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post

Why do you say this is so egregious? Here in Mass it is the normal!!! Guy got robbed of his guns, therefore he obviously did not "secure" his guns properly in a safe manner as proscribed by Mass Gun Laws. So of course he is arrested and charged, and his Class A License is revoked , etc.. What else would result in Mass? What else would the Lowell police do? Actually do police work, go out and find the guys that robbed him find his guns and other property, and return it to him..... Heck no !!! That is not politically expedient, that is not politically correct.

Originally Posted by Grapeshot

Quote Originally Posted by aspenrebel View Post
    Why do you say this is so egregious? Here in Mass it is the normal!!! Guy got robbed of his guns, therefore he obviously did not "secure" his guns properly in a safe manner as proscribed by Mass Gun Laws. So of course he is arrested and charged, and his Class A License is revoked , etc.. What else would result in Mass? What else would the Lowell police do? Actually do police work, go out and find the guys that robbed him find his guns and other property, and return it to him..... Heck no !!! That is not politically expedient, that is not politically correct.
    Understand that I live in a more freedom loving environment and apply those standards to other locales - that coupled with the 2A and other "out there" thinking results in egregious, incredible, outrageous, et al, etc. coming to mind. I do thank you for your perspective though - admittedly my tolerance level is not at an all time high for such political shenanigans though.