Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Still killing?

Still killing?

It's 5 O'Clock. Do you know where your SB234 is?
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

https://gunthreadadapters.com

"Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

Quote Originally Posted by ixtow View Post
    • Now in Judiciary -SJ 227
    Last edited by deserteagle50; 04-04-2011 at 05:26 PM.

It is supposed to be on the next meeting's agenda.
    Rich
    MSgt, USAF Ret.
    Executive Director
    Florida Carry, Inc.
    www.floridacarry.org
    Glock 23 RTF2
    Mosin Nagant M91/30 (1942 Izhevsk)

Looking at the "Expanded Agenda" there were a great many "Not Considered" That's a very good thing generally, because 99% of what these criminals do is pure evil. Then they have to propose more evil to "fix" the mess caused by the previous evils.

The flip side is that it's going to be hard to get a pro freedom bill heard. Especially a bill that's going to take up a huge chunk of their meeting time. Who knows how many sheriffs are planning to be at this hearing?
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich7553 View Post
    It is supposed to be on the next meeting's agenda.
    I'll believe it when I see it. Not that I don't believe you, but I don't believe them...

How many passes do we get with Rules?
    Last edited by ixtow; 04-05-2011 at 01:05 AM.
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."

"Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by 77zach View Post
    Who knows how many sheriffs are planning to be at this hearing?
    Why do the arrogant statist agenda drivers get to speak, but nobody else does?

I see the FL forum is back to being just as dead as it was a year ago...

I see the FL forum is back to being just as dead as it was a year ago...
    Its always quiet before the storm.

Quote Originally Posted by Alude904 View Post
    Its always quiet before the storm.
    True. It will remain quiet until Thursday or so. Figure the agenda will be announced for the Judiciary committee then.

I do wish it was a bit more transparent. I feel like there are tons of back-room deals going on.

[QUOTE=nigmalg;1502355]True. It will remain quiet until Thursday or so. Figure the agenda will be announced for the Judiciary committee then.

I do wish it was a bit more transparent. I feel like there are tons of back-room deals going on.[

until when does the judiciary committee last? (when does it end)

Quote Originally Posted by titanortiz View Post

until when does the judiciary committee last? (when does it end)
    The last committee meeting can be held on April 26th. There is one meeting per week typically.

Keep in mind also that we need to go through Rules. Which means we effectively have two more "chances" to be heard by the Judiciary at the most.
    Last edited by nigmalg; 04-05-2011 at 05:07 PM.

I think we have one more chance to get it heard in judiciary. If they wait until the 18th I don't see how Rules would drop everything and hear it. We know that at best, Thrasher will go along with OC to get along. I watched this week's hearing on SB 402. You should of heard the guy from the league of Florida Cities. Somebody call the WHammbulance. It's exactly what we need. I say bring back Tar and Feathers for these government criminals. And then there was Brian Pitts. Evidently, Mr Pitts goes to lots of hearings, and he is an absolute buffoon. Hopefully he'll be there next week to testify against OC. He'll make any fence sitters lean our way. I didn't realize Simmons was pro gun rights, so that's good. I feel better about the bill's passage out of Judiciary now, assuming it is heard.
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

i think it's BS but i don't think it's going to happen this year !! i hope i'm wrong but time is running out fast !!!

Quote Originally Posted by nigmalg View Post
    The last committee meeting can be held on April 26th. There is one meeting per week typically.

Keep in mind also that we need to go through Rules. Which means we effectively have two more "chances" to be heard by the Judiciary at the most.

thank you for the good info.

Quote Originally Posted by deserteagle50 View Post
    i think it's BS but i don't think it's going to happen this year !! i hope i'm wrong but time is running out fast !!!
    You better hope it does. It dodged a round to the head, when Dean let it get out of CJ. We don't want to have to suffer that neocon again next year.

You better hope it does..
    i do then i can carry one of my 1911s,tired of always having to just cc just my sub compact.

I'm a bit confused by their logic on this.

Do they thin we're just going to go away and this crap won't come back to bite them on the ass?

They should be trying to get it out of the way, it's going to be a major wedge issue. Their resistance is like throwing water on a grease fire. Surely they know this? If not, then I am impressed by this new low in human ignorance.

You better hope it does. It dodged a round to the head, when Dean let it get out of CJ. We don't want to have to suffer that neocon again next year.
    If it doesn't pass this year, it definitely won't pass next year. Or the year after. My Crystal Ball sees no further than that tho...

From an optimistic point of view, SB 234 really is right on schedule if it gets heard April 11th. SB 402, which is not very controversial, was OK'd by CJ on 2/8/2011, then didn't get through community affairs until 3/21, now it's in Rules.

Also, look at the expanded agendas for Rules. I guess it's kind of a quick and dirty rubber stamp committee. They've passed everything that comes before them overwhelmingly, usually unanimously. I only saw one bill they voted down.

From an optimistic point of view, SB 234 really is right on schedule if it gets heard April 11th. SB 402, which is not very controversial, was OK'd by CJ on 2/8/2011, then didn't get through community affairs until 3/21, now it's in Rules.

Also, look at the expanded agendas for Rules. I guess it's kind of a quick and dirty rubber stamp committee. They've passed everything that comes before them overwhelmingly, usually unanimously. I only saw one bill they voted down.
    This has been an amazing learning experience for most of us I'm sure. It looks as if it's relatively rare for a bill to be officially voted "nay" in committee.

From the looks of things, just getting scheduled is a sign of positive movement. Of course it's just showmanship, most of the decisions and debates have been made off camera, perhaps after hours. Unfortunately that means that we can't go by the pass/fail ratio when determining a committee's friendliness.

On further thought: I wouldn't mind beefing up the committee process and maybe requiring bills to at least get a hearing in their committees. At least with that system, you would know where your representative stands on any given issue. It would be many times more transparent.
    Last edited by nigmalg; 04-06-2011 at 09:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nigmalg View Post
    On further thought: I wouldn't mind beefing up the committee process and maybe requiring bills to at least get a hearing in their committees. At least with that system, you would know where your representative stands on any given issue. It would be many times more transparent.
    Yeah, but the gears turn slow enough already.

I think the committee system should be eliminated. It essentially gives a much smaller group the ability to make sure representation never happens. I understand the intended purpose, but it is generally just a way to abuse position.

i went to flores facebook page and the reply was it is on next weeks agenda!everybody should go to her facebook page and demand it be heard!

Quote Originally Posted by bobthegunslinger View Post
    i went to flores facebook page and the reply was it is on next weeks agenda!everybody should go to her facebook page and demand it be heard!
    can you post a link to her page?

i sent her a message on FB ..this is what she sent back

Anitere Flores April 6 at 5:40pm Report
    it's on the agenda for next week

Its official

Last edited by sniper1; 04-07-2011 at 04:52 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast