• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC/CC laws

impulse

I will be visiting MO in July, and will be primarily staying at the Lake of the Ozarks. The search function on this forum is hard to use, so I figured I would just ask. Just need laymans terms for laws regarding OC and CC.

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
State of MO, no laws regarding OC however no restrictions on cities, townships restricting of their own choosing.

Google is your friend, as a general rule outside of 100k populations the books do not exist, however unfortunate as it might be, OC remains an individual choice and individual research is required.

Odds are your ok but open to harassment by unwitting LE.

I live in St Charles county and have yet to raise an eyebrow, but I am older, look sorta like a LEO might and OC for me is limited.

cash50

If you have the CCW, you can carry anywhere in the state, except where prohibited by federal law.

I suspect you won't be at the lake to visit any wonderful schools or federal buildings, so you should be good to go.

Then you just have to search ordinances for each town you wanna OC in. Just google "town name" "MO", maybe with a "city of" first and you'll find their website or a phone number.

kcgunfan

If you have a CCW endorsement from anywhere in the states, you can CC here. Missouri has full reciprocity.

For where you should and should not carry, it's all here: http://www.moga.mo.gov/statutes/c500-599/5710000107.htm

OC is a befuddling mess. Chances are you're OK outside of St Louis City/County and a few suburbs in KC, especially if you have a CCW endorsement. But, make sure you know for sure.

cash50

kcgunfan- "should" and "should not" have nothing to do with where he CAN, legally, carry (concealed).

He can carry (concealed) anywhere that isn't restricted by federal law (with a CCW). End of story.

Last edited:

kcgunfan

kcgunfan- "should" and "should not" have nothing to do with where he CAN, legally, carry (concealed).

He can carry (concealed) anywhere that isn't restricted by federal law (with a CCW). End of story.

I agree that it's legal to carry a firearm with a CCW endorsement into the places listed in 571.107. Where we disagree is whether or not it's a good idea. But, I think it's a disservice to tell a stranger to go wherever they want to (subject to federal laws) without giving the statute so they know what they responsibilities they do have. For example, he might go into church (which is certainly possible), and be asked to leave, and refuse to do so based on your advice. Then they summon a peace officer and he gets a ticket. If he reads my link, he's going to understand the situation better than your blanket "go ahead and do it" advice.

That's why I think full disclosure is important. You're welcome to take exception to my choice of auxiliary verb, but I would like to hear how you would rephrase the sentence, keeping my objective in mind.