• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

License application question

morris35

Hey guys i had a question i was thinking about getting my license to carry but i have a couple of criminal records i was charged with one of them was in 93 befor i turned 18 and it was for check forgery but they charged me with a misdemeanor and i got 2yrs probation for that. and the second one was also in 93 but i was an adult at that time and they charged me with concealing a baton and disorderly conduct and that was a misdemeanor also. and i also was reading in the book if anyone lives in your house that has a felony that would denie me on my app and by having 2 records would that be consider habitual criminal activity i just wanted to get everybody's thoughts about my situation and all help would be appreciated

hermannr

You need to read your state law. I know in WA, if you are charged as a minor, the record is expunged after 5? years. As to the second charge. Here, I don't read that as a stopper. Like I said, you have to read your own state law.