Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: US Bank Corporate Policy

US Bank Corporate Policy

US Bank lost my business and personal accounts today.

Seems they have a corporate policy against guns on their property unless carried by LEO's, their security people or armored car/security personnel. I was advised of this by the Branch Manager in a phone call a few moments ago. When I indicated I understood and would move my account to Wells-Fargo in the next day or so, he hastened to inform me that "all I had to do" was leave my gun in my car. The incongruity of the parking lot also being their property seemed to be lost on him.

They also offered that they could have their Chief of Security call me and explain their policy. I also declined this action explaining that I understood their rights and mine perfectly well.

So, I'll be moving Wild Bill's account to Wells-Fargo Bank first thing tomorrow morning. It's a bit further down the street but I have never had any foolishness from them on this issue.

I earnestly advise those who believe in the 2nd Amendment to vote with their dollars and avoid doing business with those companies and institutions who have policies which infringe our rights. While they are entitled to their rights as property owners and business people, I simply refuse to do business under these conditions unless no other option exists for the goods or services offered. Be sure to let them know that this action has cost them your business when you do so.
    Last edited by ecocks; 04-05-2011 at 09:04 PM.

I agree. Good on you Ed!

I open carry at the Broadway Wells Fargo branch next to Albertsons.

Never had any problems from the staff. I also believe Wells Fargo's corporate policy is "whatever is legal in the state."

Wells Fargo has been my bank since I first opened an account back in 2001 and honestly, I've never had any major issues from them about anything.

Once and a while I get a look from some staff, but those are folks I think are new.

The teller I've dealt with most, Rahmeen, was very friendly about it and chatted me up about the firearms. Nice guy.

Yeah, I have been a WF customer for 2 years and worn in their branch at Main and Cherry/Fairview (Meridian) frequently without any issues.

It has been a while since I have been in a US Bank. Is it posted no firearms?

Yolanda and I ,bank at Chase, I O.C. at the main bank in downtown Boise and on the branches, and I had no problems, there .

When I closed my account at US Bank this morning they insisted that all major banks will prohibit customers from carrying guns on their premises. I replied that I had just come from Wells Fargo wearing the same sidearm and had been going there for over 2 years while carrying.

I really preferred the convenience of US Bank and their Sunday hours at two Albertson's locations within 1 mile of my restaurant but the fact is they notified me that I was not welcome at their properties while going about my normal, daily business. No different than if they adopted a rule that customers cannot have a red Chevy truck in my opinion, either rule loses them my business.

My father will keep his personal accounts at the US Bank down the street from our house since he is unable to drive but can get there on his mobility scooter 7 days a week for banking purposes.

My feeling is that some banks give their managers discretion to trespass people within the boundaries established by state/local laws and the manager's perception of the individual's stability and demeanor.

I'd hate to switch banks again but will if I have to, what a pain.

US Bank Corporate Policy

US Bank lost my business and personal accounts yesterday.

Seems they have a corporate policy against guns on their property unless carried by LEO's, their security people or armored car/security personnel. I was advised of this by the Branch Manager in a phone call a few moments ago. When I indicated I understood and would move my account to Wells-Fargo in the next day or so, he hastened to inform me that "all I had to do" was leave my gun in my car. The incongruity of the parking lot also being their property seemed to be lost on him.

They also offered that they could have their Chief of Security call me and explain their policy. I also declined this action explaining that I understood their rights and mine perfectly well.

So, I'll be moving Wild Bill's Barbeque (my restaurant) account to Wells-Fargo Bank first thing tomorrow morning. It's a bit further down the street but I have never had any foolishness from them on this issue despite carrying in multiple branches around our area over the last 2 years.

I earnestly advise those who believe in the 2nd Amendment to vote with their dollars and avoid doing business with those companies and institutions who have policies which infringe our rights. While they are entitled to their rights as property owners and business people, I simply refuse to do business under these conditions unless no other option exists for the goods or services offered. Be sure to let them know that this action has cost them your business when you do so.

I closed my account today. While doing so, the Assistant Manager for the branch came over to tell me that all the major banks have the same policy and the same thing would happen wherever I went. I replied that I had been carrying at WF for over two years without problems and doubted that he was correct since I just came from there and had explained the problem which caused me to leave USB. I also informed him that I didn't appreciate the inconvenience or expense they put me through by forcing me to change my banking relationship due to their policies. I had just ordered new checks (while wearing a S&W M&P .40 on my belt) while standing in their lobby the previous week.
    Last edited by ecocks; 04-07-2011 at 12:23 AM.

WF is apparently going anti as per a recent thread.

Try SunTrust or BankofAmerica.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

BofA's policy is to obey local/state laws, but the branch manager has the last say on who can enter. I had an issue with them and ended up leaving them over it.

Wells Fargo is the biggest launder of drug money for the Mexican and South American drug cartels in the US. It is estimated by the US SEC and the Department of the Treasury that Wells Fargo/Wachovia laundered $378.4 BILLION...

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-0...-u-s-deal.html

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011...ico-drug-gangs

Is that REALLY the sort of business you want to be associated with?
    Last edited by Dreamer; 04-07-2011 at 03:31 PM.
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Banner Bank also follows state law. Not sure if you have one in your area or not.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Quote Originally Posted by ecocks View Post
    US Bank lost my business and personal accounts yesterday.

So, I'll be moving Wild Bill's Barbeque (my restaurant) account to Wells-Fargo Bank first thing tomorrow morning. It's a bit further down the street but I have never had any foolishness from them on this issue despite carrying in multiple branches around our area over the last 2 years.

I closed my account today. While doing so, the Assistant Manager for the branch came over to tell me that all the major banks have the same policy and the same thing would happen wherever I went. I replied that I had been carrying at WF for over two years without problems and doubted that he was correct since I just came from there and had explained the problem which caused me to leave USB. I also informed him that I didn't appreciate the inconvenience or expense they put me through by forcing me to change my banking relationship due to their policies. I had just ordered new checks (while wearing a S&W M&P .40 on my belt) while standing in their lobby the previous week.
    I did much the same thing with my former bank on Tuesday. The bank I now use does not have the same policy. If they change I will find a different one.
    I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them.

Politicians should serve two terms, one in office and one in prison.(borrowed from RioKid)

I would also reccomend Chase. Their policy is to follow state law as far as I know

Not all of the US Banks are like the one you have used. I use them here in ky 1 or 2 the girls I have used there ask me about OC and CC so im thinking its just the one you have used
    Last edited by rentamedic; 04-10-2011 at 04:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by trooper46 View Post
    I would also reccomend Chase. Their policy is to follow state law as far as I know
    Double check with the manager on this. Some of us met in downtown Milwaukee to support the roaming "Guns Save Lives" billboard that was countering Bloomberg and his outright lie of a "34 lives are taken a day be guns" billboard. It was on the corner where there was a Chase Bank and I swear the lady in charge of security looked like she was about to have a cow . I noticed her talking to what looked like a manager about us being outside the building. Nothing happened but man did she watch us like a hawk.

http://www.forum.opencarry.org/forum...ives+Billboard
    Wisconsin Carry Member
    My Castle Doctrine Law

Don't wish ill upon your enemy......plan it.

Banned
    Check out your local credit union. They are more in touch with the membership than banks are with their customers. That does not guarantee that they will respect your rights, but it sure makes it more likely that they will.

re: the Chase in Milwaukee
    The security gal approached some of us that morning to say we couldn't be on their property... especially standing in front of their sign (which some of us did to hide from the very cold wind that day).
    There were no markings on the sidewalk to show what she considered Chase property, so I wasn't too attentive to her claims or wishes.

I opened a WF account while OCing, not a blink from anyone there as far as I could tell.
    And I've been back a couple times, also with no problem.
    Will have to check into the alleged drug connection.
    Quote Originally Posted by MLK, Jr
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie
    Citizenship is a verb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 27:12
    A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions.
    The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 31:17
    She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.

Chase & US Bank WILL NOT open accounts that deal with guns. I have posted in many other threads with the info.

Key Bank & Bank of America are gun friendly

Be sure you explain to US Bank why you are moving your accounts to Wells Fargo. If enough people make the statement and move their accounts, it may just change company policy. If you do not make the staement, they will never know why you left.

I also have never had a problem with Wells Fargo either., Been with them ever since they bought out our small local bank many years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by MKEgal View Post
    re: the Chase in Milwaukee
    The security gal approached some of us that morning to say we couldn't be on their property... especially standing in front of their sign (which some of us did to hide from the very cold wind that day).
    There were no markings on the sidewalk to show what she considered Chase property, so I wasn't too attentive to her claims or wishes.

I opened a WF account while OCing, not a blink from anyone there as far as I could tell.
    And I've been back a couple times, also with no problem.
    Will have to check into the alleged drug connection.
    Likely their sign is either on their property or on property controlled by them, i.e. a lease or easement. Under those circumstances she was within the law if she was so instructed by management.

I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them.

Politicians should serve two terms, one in office and one in prison.(borrowed from RioKid)

There is something to be said for taking your business away from the major national banks and using the services of your local community banks. In a community bank, I've been greeted by my first name when I enter, but at the national banks, your just account number blah blah blah.

In a community bank, I was offered free stuff just because they looked at my file and saw no overdrafts and a good average daily balance. But at the National banks, they do shady things like hold onto debits for a week or more only to apply the debit exactly when it would cause an overdraft, only to have to argue to get the fee reversed.

Keep your business in the community, leave the corporate giants out of it.

Chase follows state law

Response from Chase in another post.

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...ock-Chase-Bank

ear Tom,

Thank you for contacting the Internet Service Center.

I understand your concern regarding the firearm policy.
    In response to your inquiry, Chase does not have a
    corporate policy concerning the carrying of firearms in
    our Branches, but rather defers to state law on this
    issue. Therefore, if it is legal to carry a firearm or
    concealed weapon in Colorado, Chase Branches will treat a
    customer legally entering the branch with a properly
    holstered firearm as "business as usual" as long as there
    is no threat to other customers or employees (obviously
    someone entering a branch with a drawn weapon/waving a gun
    about would warrant approach/a call to authorities).

However, we recommend reviewing the state policy to ensure
    that banks are not considered "no-carry" zones; certain
    states have designated certain areas (such as schools)
    zones where only law enforcement officers may carry a
    weapon.

Chase strives to provide excellent service to all of our
    customers. It has been our pleasure to be of service to
    you.

Chase By Phone representatives are available to assist you
    by calling 1-800-935-9935.

Thank you,

Mel Rupinski
    Internet Service Center

Next time someone tries to kick you out of Chase for legally OCing. Call corporate and have them "corrected".

Quote Originally Posted by rentamedic View Post
    Not all of the US Banks are like the one you have used. I use them here in ky 1 or 2 the girls I have used there ask me about OC and CC so im thinking its just the one you have used
    While it's possible that they are organized at state or regional level holding companies, I was assured that this was their corporate policy, NOT the policy of the individual location nor the local manager's discretionary call. They were chagrined that I didn't care to talk with their Director of Security at their headquarters.

More to the point was their insistence when I came in to close the account that this was the policy of "all major banks" and I would encounter the same thing everywhere I took my business.
    Last edited by ecocks; 04-13-2011 at 02:38 PM.

Wells Fargo subsequently called me to confirm it is their policy to comply with state law while allowing the managers the discretion to trespass any individual who they feel endangers their personnel, customers or property.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast