Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Reaction from Henrico Cops

  1. #1
    Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    13,580

    Reaction from Henrico Cops

    One of the nice things about carrying a small video camera instead of just a voice recorder is that I get the reaction from others. This Cop pulled someone right in front of us when we were taking a smoke break.
    Just in case there was trouble, I was ready to throw XD Guy at him.

    Last edited by peter nap; 04-05-2011 at 06:49 PM.

  2. #2
    Regular Member Repeater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    2,519
    Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    One of the nice things about carrying a small video camera instead of just a voice recorder is that I get the reaction from others. This Cop pulled someone right in front of us when we were taking a smoke break.
    Just in case there was trouble, I was ready to throw XD Guy at him.

    Wonder how things would have gone if you were at Gaskins and Quiocassin earlier today?
    Richmond police received some information that led law enforcement to the intersection of Gaskins and Quiocassin roads in western Henrico. Henrico police, along with Richmond and State police, searched the area... scouring some woods with tracking dogs between Quiocassin Road and the Colonial Apartments at Chase Gayton, but were unable to find anyone. Henrico police stopped southbound traffic at Chase Gayton and looked inside cars. Witness Linda Dupree says police actually detained one guy for a short period of time and searched his car... even strewing the contents from the trunk onto the street... but a short time later let him go.

  3. #3
    Campaign Veteran skidmark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Chesterfield VA
    Posts
    10,682
    You stand around with big guns strapped to your side and all you get is ignored. And there are still folks saying that OC is just about getting attention?

    stay safe.

  4. #4
    Regular Member snatale42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Central VA
    Posts
    95
    Ya, Henrico cops seem to be ok with it, I've only OC'd a couple (maybe 4) times but seen by the cops twice (conveniently at a dunkin donuts both times) Nothing was said, you'd think it wouldn't be that easy seeing as most of Henrico is "city". Good for them.....and us!

  5. #5
    Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    13,580
    Quote Originally Posted by snatale42 View Post
    Ya, Henrico cops seem to be ok with it, I've only OC'd a couple (maybe 4) times but seen by the cops twice (conveniently at a dunkin donuts both times) Nothing was said, you'd think it wouldn't be that easy seeing as most of Henrico is "city". Good for them.....and us!
    There have been some problems in the past. You'll probably hear about them at dinner.

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Never Never Land
    Posts
    514
    Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    One of the nice things about carrying a small video camera instead of just a voice recorder is that I get the reaction from others. This Cop pulled someone right in front of us when we were taking a smoke break.
    Just in case there was trouble, I was ready to throw XD Guy at him.

    Not if I throw you first

  7. #7
    Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    13,580
    Quote Originally Posted by xdm guy View Post
    Not if I throw you first
    And again you throw out personal insults and bash me when I'm such a nice fellow and just trying to give the benefit of my experience and superior training and intelligence.
    The board rules state .......I'm telling!
    Oh...wait...wrong thread.
    Last edited by peter nap; 04-07-2011 at 07:04 AM.

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Granite State of Mind
    Posts
    4,509
    I love Vimeo, but for some reason the video wouldn't play in-line for me using Safari as a browser. I copied the URL and I'm watching it in a new window.

    Good non-reaction.

  9. #9
    Regular Member wylde007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Va Beach, Occupied VA
    Posts
    3,037

    Cool

    From my perspective it doesn't look like he saw you or even cared to. He was facing the offending driver and turned right (90) to head back to his cruiser.

    If he saw you at all, it would have been peripherally, at best.
    The quiet war has begun, with silent weapons
    And the newest slavery is to keep the people poor, and stupid
    Novos ordo seclorum ~ Mustaine

    Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

  10. #10
    Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    13,580
    Quote Originally Posted by wylde007 View Post
    From my perspective it doesn't look like he saw you or even cared to. He was facing the offending driver and turned right (90) to head back to his cruiser.

    If he saw you at all, it would have been peripherally, at best.
    That's the way it's supposed to work.

  11. #11
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,616
    Quote Originally Posted by wylde007 View Post
    From my perspective it doesn't look like he saw you or even cared to. He was facing the offending driver and turned right (90) to head back to his cruiser.

    If he saw you at all, it would have been peripherally, at best.
    He was exercising his "I don't see you" loophole.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Never Never Land
    Posts
    514
    Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    And again you throw out personal insults and bash me when I'm such a nice fellow and just trying to give the benefit of my experience and superior training and intelligence.
    The board rules state .......I'm telling!
    Oh...wait...wrong thread.

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Never Never Land
    Posts
    514
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    He was exercising his "I don't see you" loophole.
    Peter lets throw grape instead he is more aerodynamic.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •