• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

St louis County OC

xdmcompact

Tried to get some answers from St. Louis County and get a copy of there municipal codes, but they just said there is nothing they can give me. Any suggestions on where to find info on OC for St. Louis County? Take Affton for instance I was told they are not considered a municipality? How would you find the codes for Affton then? I have searched Municode, went to Clayton to County Headquarters (that's where they told me they couldn't help me). Even stopped in the Affton police department and was told to go to Clayton. Any ideas?

lancers

Go to Municode.com and look under St. Louis Cuonty. "Afton" is not really a city or town, it's a census designated place. In other words, pretend it doesn't exist.

As for OC, the overwhelming majority of officers in St. Louis County tend to think a current law that says you must receive written permission and have it on you while on another property, is what they will charge you with if you open carry. This is the response I got from every precinct in the county and that is what they are talking about on their "county brown" forum.

I think it could be beaten because it violates the preemption clause in the state statutes, but you will still go to jail, lose your firearm, have legal fees, have to take it to the court of appeals, and maybe come out the "winner".

lancers

That's retarded. Did you ever get a lawyer? I'd be calling those pricks ten times a day.

I do have a family attorney helping to make phone calls and such for me. I'm really waiting for the documents I requested from them. That actually reminds me I'm going to file a complaint with the attorney general for Maplewood violating the sunshine law.