Thread: OC in Greenville...

OC in Greenville...

Today, I OC'd in the new Harris Teeter off Evans (in the plaza with the Target and Barnes and Noble). No probs...

I also OC'd in the SECU branch on 1st Street, to make a deposit and cash a check. Again, no issue.

I also OCed in the Hibachi Japan on 10th (beside the Starbucks) for lunch. No issue.

I was carrying my Glock 36 in a black Serpa CQC.

On campus, however, I am EHOCing my tan Serpa CQC today, because this week is "Empty Holster Protest Week" for SCCC, nation-wide. Yesterday I wore my black Galco Side Snap Scabbard. We've got three or four other members participating in the EHOC here at ECU. And so far, there have been zero problems.

As for what happens to my Glock when Im on-campus, all I can say is I never park on campus property, and I will neither confirm or deny the presence of a properly secured firearm in my vehicle at any given time...
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

mattwestm
    No problems here either. I surprisingly haven't even gotten comments from students.

My holster prompted a conversation with one of my studio mates. She asked me "why I thought I needed to carry all the time".

My answer was that I love my family, and saw it as my duty to do everything I could to ensure that I would make it home every day. I then reminded the armed robbery that happened ON CAMPUS last weekend, right outside our building.

I don't think she'll be joining SCCC anytime soon, but I DO think she sees our side of the discussion a little ore clearly now. And playing the "family card" struck home with her, because she is a recently-new mother...
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964