Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 8 Year old boy pepper-sprayed. LOL!

Thumbs up 8 Year old boy pepper-sprayed. LOL!

An 8 year old boy was pepper-sprayed after taking a sharp piece of wood and threatening to kill police officers that were at his school. He has a history of the same ****. Apparently after this, his mother threw a violent temper tantrum also at the school.

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/8-old-peppe...42950-457.html

Thoughts? I think they should have tazed the little ****....and his mother.
    Molon Labe

[+=] Eleftheria i thanatos [+=]

Quote Originally Posted by MikeTheGreek View Post
    An 8 year old boy was pepper-sprayed after taking a sharp piece of wood and threatening to kill police officers that were at his school. He has a history of the same ****. Apparently after this, his mother threw a violent temper tantrum also at the school.

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/8-old-peppe...42950-457.html

Thoughts? I think they should have tazed the little ****....and his mother.
    Yes, because using an unnecessary levels of force to subdue a mentally ill small child is definitely logical and humane. He's 8 and he's sick, let's further penalize him for that which is far beyond his control, rather than handle the situation at hand.

The mother is being ridiculous, and the boy obviously needs more intervention than he is currently receiving. The police were within their rights to use mace.

Quote Originally Posted by x3atthis View Post
    Yes, because using an unnecessary levels of force to subdue a mentally ill small child is definitely logical and humane. He's 8 and he's sick, let's further penalize him for that which is far beyond his control, rather than handle the situation at hand.

The mother is being ridiculous, and the boy obviously needs more intervention than he is currently receiving. The police were within their rights to use mace.
    I read nothing about him being mentally ill. He was an 8 year old boy who grabbed a sharp piece of wood, and actually tried to kill a police officer with. A weapon is a weapon, a death threat is a threat threat. Use of pepper spray was justified, no doubt about it, he admitted on the news that he wanted to kill the cops, that's enough for me.
    Molon Labe

Banned
    The LEOs used nonlethal force to stop a child from hurting them or anyone else with a sharpened stick--after he brandished it accompanied by threats that he would use it.

Good.

The little [expletive left out] needs that kind of lesson. He clearly is not getting that lesson from his "mother."

Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    The little [expletive left out] needs that kind of lesson. He clearly is not getting that lesson from his "mother."
    Thank you for using quotes, I was worried someone would mistake that female for an actual parent.

I read nothing about him being mentally ill. He was an 8 year old boy who grabbed a sharp piece of wood, and actually tried to kill a police officer with. A weapon is a weapon, a death threat is a threat threat. Use of pepper spray was justified, no doubt about it, he admitted on the news that he wanted to kill the cops, that's enough for me.
    I'm not sure what world you live in, but normal 8 year old boys don't try to kill people with a piece of wood. In addition to that, the article clearly stated that the boy suffers from behavioral issues to the extent that he attends special programs at school, clearly indicating mental health issues.

As I already stated, I take no issue with macing him. He posed a threat to their safety and to the safety of others. What I do take issue with, is statements such as "should have tazed the little s***."

To even make derogatory references to an ill child is immature at best, for starters. And given the community that we are, one that is frequently the target of police and overt force, I have a hard time understanding why we would advocate the police using unnecessary force against ANYONE for ANY reason.

I'm not sure what world you live in, but normal 8 year old boys don't try to kill people with a piece of wood. In addition to that, the article clearly stated that the boy suffers from behavioral issues to the extent that he attends special programs at school, clearly indicating mental health issues.

As I already stated, I take no issue with macing him. He posed a threat to their safety and to the safety of others. What I do take issue with, is statements such as "should have tazed the little s***."

To even make derogatory references to an ill child is immature at best, for starters. And given the community that we are, one that is frequently the target of police and overt force, I have a hard time understanding why we would advocate the police using unnecessary force against ANYONE for ANY reason.
    Everything these days that kids do wrong, make people think they are "mentally ill". If a child behaves badly, the parents flip out and put them on meds. When I was a kid, behaving badly, was common. They didn't drug you up, say you were mentally ill, or send you to other schools to handle it.

Hes just a kid who CLEARLY wasn't raised right, and thinks it's fine to do these kinds of things, because I guarantee his mother went home, told him it was fine, and said the police shouldn't have touched him.

I stand by the fact he should have been tazed, he was an out of control individual who posed a threat to himself, the other children, and the police, by clearly stating he was going to try and cause bodily harm, and death to the police officers.

Just because he's an idiot, doesn't make him mentally ill. He was raised wrong, and made a bad choice. That's it.
    Molon Labe

I'm not sure where you live but normal people don't try to kill others with pieces of wood at all.

These "behavioural" issues stem from the fact that he's obviously a spoiled brat who's never been disciplined or told "no" by his violence-prone single mother.

If you want to play the mental issue card, why doesn't this apply to every scumbag who tries to stab a cop? Why is this kid special? Should we just try to reason with everyone who declares their intent to kill police and not hold anything against them?
    Last edited by Samopal; 04-06-2011 at 02:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Samopal View Post

These "behavioural" issues stem from the fact that he's obviously a spoiled brat who's never been disciplined or told "no" by his violence-prone single mother.
    Oh, Well why didn't you say you knew the child personally?
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

What you consider "unnecessary" could just be what's needed to get through to him that his behavior is unacceptable. Yes it sounds like he has issues, but that doesn't mean he should get a free pass; and personally I feel that "spare the rod, spoil the child" is even more true with problem children (to a point).

Quote Originally Posted by HandyHamlet View Post
    Oh, Well why didn't you say you knew the child personally?
    I don't, but then again neither does the dude claiming the kid has legit mental issues. From how is mother acted and the current trend of single parents not disciplining their kids I'd say mine was a solid guess.

So given that tasers are only safe for use on those weighing over 60 lbs, remind me again how tasing this 8 year old would have been acceptable? You're telling me lethal force was called for?

So given that tasers are only safe for use on those weighing over 60 lbs, remind me again how tasing this 8 year old would have been acceptable? You're telling me lethal force was called for?
    Children have been tased in the past. Yes, some had complications, some didn't. This child was pepper sprayed twice. If he didn't respond to pepper spray, and continued to try and attack the police officers, yes, I stand by my statement that they should have tased him.

Police officers have been told, that they are allowed to use tasers on children.

He stopped after being sprayed twice, so a taser was not necessary.
    Molon Labe

Also, the average weight of an 8 year old is around 60lbs. This child looks like he is atleast 60lbs.

When the police officers entered the classroom, his exact words were "I will kill you motherf*ckers, if anybody comes in here they will die"

I firmly stand by my initial statements.
    Molon Labe

Children have been tased in the past. Yes, some had complications, some didn't. This child was pepper sprayed twice. If he didn't respond to pepper spray, and continued to try and attack the police officers, yes, I stand by my statement that they should have tased him.

Police officers have been told, that they are allowed to use tasers on children.

He stopped after being sprayed twice, so a taser was not necessary.
    Yes, but that would have been a different situation than what occurred, necessitating the escalation of force. Your statement in the OP was in no way a reference to what could have happened.

Children and small children are two very different stories...an 11 year olds body is far more equipped to handle the physical effects of a taser than a 7 or 8 year old. The average percentile weight is 57, but the weight of children varies drastically. If the 50th percentile is 57 lbs, half of all 8 year old boys weigh less than that. While escalation of force is sometimes necessary, to haphazardly tase a small child, given the risk of tasing an individual under 60 lbs, would be just as rational and just as the shooting of John Williams in my opinion. This boy did not have a gun or a machete or a butcher knife. He had a stick. You're telling me multiple police aren't physically capable of subduing an 8 year old, blinded by mace, who's wielding a piece of wood?

Yes, but that would have been a different situation than what occurred, necessitating the escalation of force. Your statement in the OP was in no way a reference to what could have happened.

Children and small children are two very different stories...an 11 year olds body is far more equipped to handle the physical effects of a taser than a 7 or 8 year old. The average percentile weight is 57, but the weight of children varies drastically. If the 50th percentile is 57 lbs, half of all 8 year old boys weigh less than that. While escalation of force is sometimes necessary, to haphazardly tase a small child, given the risk of tasing an individual under 60 lbs, would be just as rational and just as the shooting of John Williams in my opinion. This boy did not have a gun or a machete or a butcher knife. He had a stick. You're telling me multiple police aren't physically capable of subduing an 8 year old, blinded by mace, who's wielding a piece of wood?
    I agree the shooting of John Williams was retarded, although he had a knife, he did not threaten a police officer, or say "I'm going to kill you motherf*uckers"

I don't know, the child was clearly ready to take the life of the police officers, that's gotta tell you something. Mentally ill? Probably not, going to wind up in prison some day? I give him a 90% chance of serving some hard time in the future.
    Molon Labe

What ever happened to just taking the damn stick away from the kid ? how much can getting whacked by a stick of wood trim hurt when it is swung by an 8 year old ? I mean Jesus Christ people think this thru !!!! have the police been pepper spraying bad kids for a hundred years? NO ! they walk up and take the damn stick away grab the kid and haul his butt off to his father or mother for whatever punishment they deem necessary.

It isn't rocket science, if your so damn scared of the damage a 8 YEAR OLD can do with a piece of wood trim then you should probably never leave your house!

was the kid in the wrong ? YES
    should he have been pepper sprayed ? NO
    should his parent whip his butt ? YES

Try reading this as it will give you an idea of the mental makeup of all children !!

http://www.justthebabysitter.com/200...ociopaths.html

http://www.buzzle.com/articles/socio...-children.html

lists a few points about children under the age of 10
    Last edited by Guido; 04-06-2011 at 03:51 PM.

Centurion
    I agree the shooting of John Williams was retarded, although he had a knife, he did not threaten a police officer, or say "I'm going to kill you motherf*uckers"

I don't know, the child was clearly ready to take the life of the police officers, that's gotta tell you something. Mentally ill? Probably not, going to wind up in prison some day? I give him a 90% chance of serving some hard time in the future.
    Making a HUGE assumption that he doesn't die very young EARLIER. Whatever the issues, from lack of "appropriate" guidance from the parental figures (as in THEY can't teach what they don't know) up to and including severe mental illnesses (if he isn't safe to be out in a "uncontrolled" environment then he needs to be in a "controlled" environment--- and a public school, even with "special ed" "therapy" AIN'T what I be talking about) IF his behaviors are not modified VERY quickly if he doesn't die from an "unwise" choice he WILL spend a long time in our countries "gray bar hotels" as a direct result of his continues "poor" decision making propensity!

Quote Originally Posted by JoeSparky View Post
    Making a HUGE assumption that he doesn't die very young EARLIER. Whatever the issues, from lack of "appropriate" guidance from the parental figures (as in THEY can't teach what they don't know) up to and including severe mental illnesses (if he isn't safe to be out in a "uncontrolled" environment then he needs to be in a "controlled" environment--- and a public school, even with "special ed" "therapy" AIN'T what I be talking about) IF his behaviors are not modified VERY quickly if he doesn't die from an "unwise" choice he WILL spend a long time in our countries "gray bar hotels" as a direct result of his continues "poor" decision making propensity!
    Oh I absolutely agree, without a doubt. Children with sociopathic tendencies are not properly treated or institutionalized in our country. That's not to say that all sociopaths should be institutionalized....sociopathy covers a wide spectrum of anti-social personality disorder, and sociopaths are not all dangerous. But when you have an 8 year old who is already exhibiting signs of severe sociopathy and violence, then then you are faced with an individual who needs intensive intervention at the least, and possibly institutionalization. Children like this are oftentimes incorrigible.

Me too. They should have opened fire on him with M-4s. Afterall, a 'special needs, ' which is clearly stated in the news article, 8 year old with a stick is a real danger to the heroic defenders who protect us all. These hero cops should have taken a lesson from the other heroes of the fbi. They have a lot of experience in burning women and children alive. Waco should be sop for cops faced with out of control 8 year olds. Or women carrying a baby in front of their homes. Or 17 year olds with their back turned to a BATF hero. We are blessed with many heroes to "protect and serve."
    Last edited by Gunslinger; 04-06-2011 at 04:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunslinger View Post
    Me too. They should have opened fire on him with M-4s. Afterall, a 'special needs, ' which is clearly stated in the news article, 8 year old with a stick is a real danger to the heroic defenders who protect us all. These hero cops should have taken a lesson from the other heroes of the fbi. They have a lot of experience in burning women and children alive. Waco should be sop for cops faced with out of control 8 year olds. Or women carrying a baby in front of their homes. Or 17 year olds with their back turned to a BATF hero. We are blessed with many heroes to "protect and serve."
    Special needs refers to children with learning disabilities or handicaps, all the articles say is "The mother said her son was in a special program for children with behavioural problems."

Just another kid with anger/behavior issues, they shouldn't be in "special classes" and treated like its a disability, they should get their asses beat by the parents. Although, the mom apparently has her own anger issues, so i'm not surprised.
    Molon Labe

Special needs refers to children with learning disabilities or handicaps, all the articles say is "The mother said her son was in a special program for children with behavioural problems."

Just another kid with anger/behavior issues, they shouldn't be in "special classes" and treated like its a disability, they should get their asses beat by the parents. Although, the mom apparently has her own anger issues, so i'm not surprised.
    "This programming is for students who may have a significant identifiable emotional disorder that affects their ability to function within a general school environment or access the general curriculum and whose academic achievement is hindered by pervasive behavioral or emotional problems. Social/emotional services are offered in a continuum of environments ranging from full access to the general education classroom to a self contained class; placement is based upon individual student need as determined by the studentís IEP. "

http://www.jeffcopublicschools.org/p...pecial_ed.html

Note the phrase, "identifiable emotional disorder."

IEP students cost districts large sums of money for these special services, and oftentimes parents whose children need them have to fight to have their IEPs followed. The school would not be placing this boy in a special classroom, which necessitates an individual trained to teach these special students, if he did not have a disorder.

Where did you read the article? Fox said "special needs" this morning when I first read it. I'm not defending the mother, and not saying the child's action should be "oh, the poor little thing..." But the cops overreacted yet again. The fact he was 8 probably saved his life.

Sorry, see it was Yahoo. Differs from FOX report.
    Last edited by Gunslinger; 04-06-2011 at 05:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunslinger View Post
    Where did you read the article? Fox said "special needs" this morning when I first read it. I'm not defending the mother, and not saying the child's action should be "oh, the poor little thing..." But the cops overreacted yet again. The fact he was 8 probably saved his life.
    Not sure about fox, I read multiple articles, including the one I linked on this thread, all it said was he was in a class for bad behavior, didn't see anything about him having special needs. Watched a few interviews too, seemed like a normal kid, who just has behavior issues. His exact words were "I deserved it" right after admitting he did actually mean it when he said "I'm going to kill you motherf*ckers"

that's one messed up kid.
    Molon Labe

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast