• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CPL/CCW badge, legal? Or not.

Elm Creek Smith

In Oklahoma, it is now just called a handgun license since if you have one you can carry concealed or openly.

Also, Oklahoma honors all other states carry licenses. For those states that have "constitutional carry" visitors must be able to show proof of legal residency.

ECS

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

smellslikemichigan

Campaign Veteran
My permit/license says Michigan Concealed Pistol License and when I asked the attorney in my CPL class (March 16 2013) what was the states definition of my licenses/permit to carry he stated "Michigan no longer uses the term CCw as it seemed to confuse the public as well as the state legislators so it was changed to CPL Concealed Pistol License
the sarcasm in bronson's post must have escaped you. nice necropost, btw

FreeInAZ

Well If I need a badge to OC legally, I guess I should have a badge that says I am also qualified to operate underwear too!:p It will have a pair of whitey tightees on it and say -> certified skid mark free and operator can install both legs simultaneously while standing:lol:

I think this poster summed up this poo of an idea fairly well. And Dan - sometimes necro posts give one a chance to stroll down memory lane. Man! This forum has had some funny SOB's on it. :D

Evil Creamsicle

Just poked through the whole thread... it seems this is now a necropost, on a necropost, on a necropost. Which is kind of awesome in its own right.

Sheldon

Just an opinion but as long as the badge user does not attempt fraud...

AKA pretend to be an officer of the law, attempt to gaunter a police discount, or any other privileges then it would be no more illegal than a security badge like they wear at the mall...

But still I agree a stupid idea to go out of ones way to attract attention to ones self in public not good, not good at all....

Last edited:

ADobbs1989

Just an opinion but as long as the badge user does not attempt fraud...

AKA pretend to be an officer of the law, attempt to gaunter a police discount, or any other privileges then it would be no more illegal than a security badge like they wear at the mall...

But still I agree a stupid idea to go out of ones way to attract attention to ones self in public not good, not good at all....

I do security at a local hospital and after work I put on my weapon like I always do when I go out in public and went to Zaxby's to pick my wife up some food. Before I even realized what had happened the girl at the counter gave me a 10% discount. Don't forget my uniform doesn't look anything like the local PD's, and my badge clearly states "Security Enforcement", kinda funny how people see a uniform and a gun and automatically come to the conclusion you are LE without even asking.

Big Gay Al

Michigan Moderator
I do security at a local hospital and after work I put on my weapon like I always do when I go out in public and went to Zaxby's to pick my wife up some food. Before I even realized what had happened the girl at the counter gave me a 10% discount. Don't forget my uniform doesn't look anything like the local PD's, and my badge clearly states "Security Enforcement", kinda funny how people see a uniform and a gun and automatically come to the conclusion you are LE without even asking.

That happened all the time to me, when I was working in Illinois. Thing is, when I'd point out that I'm not a LEO, most of them didn't care. The discount I received was when I was eating at an establishment, and they'd almost all say to me; "If something bad happened here, wouldn't you try to do something about it?" And they were right. I was younger and dumber back then, and believed I'd be doing my part to make the place safer. As it is, I think there was only one time where something started in a business I was at during my lunch break. And it ended very quickly when I stood up from the booth I was sitting in. My lunch was free the next night. :)