• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

sb 234-contact senator flores and light a fire under her ***!

77zach

The bill must be voted on the 12th to have a chance. I think the shorter time spent on it the better, hopefully they won't let our tyranny loving sheriffs speak for hours. I wish SB 432 were after 234. 432 is a dumbass bill and I'd throw up if they got to it but not 234.

77zach

So, we need 4 votes. Who will they come from? Banyon and Joyner are NO. I suppose Thrasher will want to redeem his sorry ass. Flores yes, simmons yes. Somebody said Bogdanoff changed her mind to yes. The only thing I heard her say was "it's a bit much". Anybody know about Richter?

~*'Phoenix'*~

So, we need 4 votes. Who will they come from? Banyon and Joyner are NO. I suppose Thrasher will want to redeem his sorry ass. Flores yes, simmons yes. Somebody said Bogdanoff changed her mind to yes. The only thing I heard her say was "it's a bit much". Anybody know about Richter?

I think Thrasher will have to go with it, since he publicly stated he was only against campus carry, and only because of his emotions (which means he's not a reliable politician, but what's new?), so he should be fine. I think Richter will be alright, I've never seen anything anti from him, but haven't seen much except he looks like the traditional republican, so if nothing else, he and the corrected Bogdanoff will roll with it to keep the party line looking clean.
My guess it'll be 5-2 or 4-2 with an absense or abstainer (if they can have abstaining votes in committee?).

Last edited:

Rich7553

Folks, SB 234 being tab 15 of 31 means nothing, nor does it being before or after SB 432. I have yet to see a single committee meeting in which the tabs were called in order.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
So, do a bunch of us show up and demand it be dealt with first? Being on the agenda for the 12th doesn't mean it'll be voted on that same day, does it?

Jojo712

Founder's Club Member
First post -- sent to Anitere Flores

Sent this to Flores on the FB page provided. She seems to be heavy on the "sanctity of life" bit and the family stuff, so I went a little overboard on that. Who knows? She may actually read the thing. I'm new here, but have been following this (along with the Criminal Justice students I teach) for a while now, and hoping this becomes a reality real soon. Here goes...

From a fellow Cuban lawyer to another:

As a constituent and a Huge supporter, I ask you to help move open carry forward. It will help lower crime, as demonstrated in the 40+ states that already have it; it will decriminalize the wind blowing a jacket a little too harshly, or taking a blazer off under the scalding Miami sun -- just because the instrument protecting our lives -- and our families -- is hidden underneath.

It will let officers know exactly where the guns are, or else make a suspect's "sudden moves" even more apparent.

Those of us who have Concealed Carry Permits have proven that we are not felons, and that we respect the solemn value of life. We also know that there is nothing that deters a criminal more than knowing that his chosen victim has a gun.

We need your help on the 12th and beyond.

Thank you,
Jesus Rodriguez, Esq.