• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Any interest in an NRA Metallic Cartridge Reloading class in Richmond?

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
We're considering offering this class sometime in the next few months here in Richmond and just wanted to gauge interest...

anyone?

Is this something that supply's a starter set or just a classroom demonstration?

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
Is this something that supply's a starter set or just a classroom demonstration?

I'm still learning about the program to get the details. From what I understand, this is the course description:

What will you learn in a NRA Basic Metallic Cartridge Reloading Course ?

A one-day training course.

The NRA Basic Metallic Reloading Course exposes students to the fundamentals of metallic cartridge reloading. The Course is designed to enable shooters with little or no prior experience in reloading to acquire the necessary knowledge, skills and attitude to produce safe, consistent and accurate reloaded ammunition.

The NRA Basic Metallic Reloading Course is the result of a joint effort involving the NRA Education and Training Division, the members of the National Reloading Manufacturers Association (NRMA), prominent manufacturers of ammunition, firearms and reloading equipment, and other organizations and individuals having specialized skills and expertise in reloading, ballistics and related topics. Every effort has been made to provide the necessary basic information to reload safely and effectively, and to present the technique of reloading in a logical, easy-to-understand sequence of steps.

Course Lessons:

■Introduction to reloading and reloading safety.
■Centerfire cartridge components.
■Using the reloading manual and reloading data.
■Metallic cartridge reloading equipment.
■The metallic cartridge reloading press.
■Metallic cartridge reloading practical exercise. (You will reload cartridges that are ready to fire.)

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I'm still learning about the program to get the details. From what I understand, this is the course description:

What will you learn in a NRA Basic Metallic Cartridge Reloading Course ?

A one-day training course.

The NRA Basic Metallic Reloading Course exposes students to the fundamentals of metallic cartridge reloading. The Course is designed to enable shooters with little or no prior experience in reloading to acquire the necessary knowledge, skills and attitude to produce safe, consistent and accurate reloaded ammunition.

The NRA Basic Metallic Reloading Course is the result of a joint effort involving the NRA Education and Training Division, the members of the National Reloading Manufacturers Association (NRMA), prominent manufacturers of ammunition, firearms and reloading equipment, and other organizations and individuals having specialized skills and expertise in reloading, ballistics and related topics. Every effort has been made to provide the necessary basic information to reload safely and effectively, and to present the technique of reloading in a logical, easy-to-understand sequence of steps.

Course Lessons:

■Introduction to reloading and reloading safety.
■Centerfire cartridge components.
■Using the reloading manual and reloading data.
■Metallic cartridge reloading equipment.
■The metallic cartridge reloading press.
■Metallic cartridge reloading practical exercise. (You will reload cartridges that are ready to fire.)

Yep...looks like you'll have a press set up and everyone gets to roll one.:lol:
Is this part of what you wanted me to do?

tcmech

I took that class a couple of years ago, money well spent. Anyone who intends to reload and has not yet started should take it to help avoid a mistake or two.

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
Yep...looks like you'll have a press set up and everyone gets to roll one.:lol:
Is this part of what you wanted me to do?

That course description came from another source as the actual NRA course description that I found earlier was lacking alot of detail. Its still all up in the air as to whether we'll run this class. I really just wanted to see if anyone was interested. We'll have to do some more investigating now that I see a few folks are interested.

oh, and no, the video thing that I wanted you to do is something different.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I will need the weapon to fire the blammy shells out of...........and the holster for it or the scope and the ...................

Yes but...If a crazed Elephant breaks loose from Ringling Bros, you will be one of only two people able to stop it, in the area.

We can charge the city lots for the job.

architect

Yes but...If a crazed Elephant breaks loose from Ringling Bros, you will be one of only two people able to stop it, in the area.

We can charge the city lots for the job.

C'mon, any fool knows you just let the zombies take care of the elephant, then there are plenty of folks equipped to take care of the zombies. When are you guys going to start living in the real world anyway?

Oh yeah, and what is this thing called "thread drift?"