• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NICS shutdown ???

Capn Camo

A well placed "friend" (FFL among other things) tells me that if the Gubmint is shut down that the NICS system will be shut down also.

"NICS" is the Feds criminal background check system for firearm transfers. NICS assumes youre guilty until proven innocent, par for the course for Amerikka...

If so, then there wont be any background check system and presumably dealers cannot sell firearms. GROSSLY UNCONSTITUTIONAL.

Get em now, boys.

Then raise 57 varieties of HELL if a transfer is refused because NICS is shut down, because that is wholesale infringement on the Right to Bear Arms, and remember, Heller said "the Second Amendment exists EVERYWHERE."