• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NOPD: N.O. Woman Kills Armed Home Intruder

Fabricator

Glad she got the drop on the intruder... Anyoue else notice this:

Quote from article: "According to investigators, 21-year-old Melvin Plummer of Marrero, entered a house......"

Then goes on to say: " The name of the man who was shot has not been released."

Fabricator

MikeTheGreek

Quote from article: "According to investigators, 21-year-old Melvin Plummer of Marrero, entered a house......"

Fabricator

^ I just noticed that too, pretty awesome journalism skills.

Badger Johnson

Good thing the reporter let us know the woman had a Concealed HG permit.

"Am I allowed to shoot? Yes," (she'd remember) "I has a PERMIT"

(As long as she hadn't bagged her limit, she's good to go.) :banana:

nking

Lone Star Veteran

Fabricator

HAHA yupp i noticed that as well. Melvin Plummer will no longer be able to do this again and Melvin Plummer's relatives will have to now deal with this unfortunately. Guess i should quit saying Melvin Plummer's name so that it doesn't get out who the bad guy was huh?

OldCurlyWolf

Good thing the reporter let us know the woman had a Concealed HG permit.

"Am I allowed to shoot? Yes," (she'd remember) "I has a PERMIT"

(As long as she hadn't bagged her limit, she's good to go.) :banana:

I don't know about LA, but here Home Invasion perpetrators are like feral hogs, no closed season and no bag limit. 20+ a day is allowable.

:cool:

OldCurlyWolf

20 a day?? :shocker:
That would be a lot of cleaning to do.

Yes it would. I really wouldn't like to have to deal with that many, especially all at once. Just like I wouldn't like to take on a herd of wild hogs. Just too much cleaning or field dressing to do afterward.