• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I have new heroes

sudden valley gunner

Wow....that was one of the most inspiring, heartwarming things I have seen in awhile. Even though it was a commercial it looks it is based on a real event.

Ruby

Loved it. Real or not, it brought tears to my eyes. What a beautiful reminder to live life to the fullest every day; none of us knows when, where, or how we are going to leave the planet.

sudden valley gunner

Loved it. Real or not, it brought tears to my eyes. What a beautiful reminder to live life to the fullest every day; none of us knows when, where, or how we are going to leave the planet.

I did other research and it looks like it is based on real events. Very touching story thanks for the post Skidmark, (and good luck with your case).

It is a good reminder of how we can get so caught up trying to stay alive that we simply forget to live.

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
Wow! Very interesting and very well done.

I recently picked up something I haven't done to any real degree for nearly 46 years. Playing a guitar. I was in two rock bands as a teenager, the second one being the one that really counted for me. I was lead guitar and lead singer in the second one (preferred playing over singing) and we had some nice equipment. But like a fool, I sold my pre-CBS 1964 Fender Jaguar and Super Reverb amp. This past Christmas one of my daughters got the idea that dad should get back into playing a guitar so both girls and my wife bought me a "starter" acoustic guitar. Two months ago, I decide what the hey, and started messing with it. Well one thing led to another and a few weeks ago, I ordered and received a new Classic Player Jaguar (yes in sunburst like my '64) and a Super Champ XD amp. The Classic Player is made in Mexico so it is not absolutely identical to the original but you'd have to be fairly intimate with this mode to tell the difference. Anyway, I'm having a lot of fun with it.

The measure of one's life is made by how people speak of them once they're gone. How do you wish others to remember you... what to say about you when you are no longer around? This is a good metering agent to keep in mind as we go though our lives. We all make mistakes but seeking a measure of humility, dignity, character, and honor will remain as your legacy forever.

Last edited:

XDFDE45

Wow!!!
icon_salut.gif

It's a little simple but I've always believed in this:

"If you don't live for something you'll die for nothing."
Hatebreed