• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

South Hill Mall walking the line.

amlevin

Great just what we need TSA at the mall, its bad enough there are to many people as it is the last thing i want todo is to get frisked apon entry and lets face it i wanna goto the mall for a good time not along time... Malls maybe private property but in the end when someone goes in there who shouldnt have a gun starts shooting people and someone gets killed. When the property owners get sued for everything they have they will reconsider the rules they have.... Its happened before it will happen again

So what happened after Dominick Maldonado shot up the Tacoma Mall? Did the mall get sued?

Same question for Sulejman Talović? Did the Trolley Square Mall in SLC, UT get sued?

What were the outcomes of such suits if they were filed?

So far there doesn't seem to be any change in either security measures or policies.

I am by no means an advocate of TSA style security and I don't believe my post advocated such. I was just pointing out the obvious, that without that we'd continue to see a "no firearms policy". So far it doesn't appear that the victims, if they have or are suing the malls, are having much effect on malls current policies one way or another.

For me, I believe that since "it's my life" I will continue to follow "My Policy" which is to never shop at a mall without being able to protect myself.