Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 55

Thread: So I open Carried at the Nevada Highway Patrol Headquarters today

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
    Posts
    1,251

    So I open Carried at the Nevada Highway Patrol Headquarters today

    I went to the Nevada Riders quarterly meeting, it is held at the NHP building.
    I have been going past those BS NRS 202.3673 Signs long enough, I did not really plan anything. I think I am just fed up with abiding by laws and watching law enforcement violate the very laws I pay them to uphold.

    I walked in with my .45 and was immediatly met with force, I backed down, but intend to do an extensive IA complaint. If I do deliver it in person, I will be armed, I will post the video soon

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
    Posts
    1,251

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Creech AFB. NV
    Posts
    107
    Nice. Good job backing down WITHOUT backing down. Keep on them. Next time I enter any facility like this, I will bring a paper copy of the NRS and ask the police officer to read it. Now I know that will not work, but it's worth a shot. Did the signs posted on the door state "concealed" or did it just say firearm? Because if it stated concealed I would ask him to read his own sign.

    Nice call on 207.190. I love how the guy then tries the defense of "you're not a cop" "well, then I guess you have more rights than me?"

    http://www.leg.state.nv.us/nrs/NRS-2...l#NRS207Sec190

    NRS 207.190 Coercion.
    1. It is unlawful for a person, with the intent to compel another to do or abstain from doing an act which the other person has a right to do or abstain from doing, to:
    (b) Deprive the person of any tool, implement or clothing, or hinder the person in the use thereof; or

    Someone arrest that cop!

  4. #4
    Founder's Club Member ixtow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Suwannee County, FL
    Posts
    5,069
    Quote Originally Posted by MilitaryMike View Post
    Someone arrest that cop!
    It'll never happen.
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

    https://gunthreadadapters.com

    "Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

    Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

  5. #5
    28kfps
    Guest
    This topic has been talked about a lot here in the past. Someone posted an e mail from the AG saying for the most part she agree this NRS referred only to a CCW. It was may be 4 months back. A copy of that might help if you can find it.
    Last edited by 28kfps; 04-08-2011 at 01:15 AM.

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Las Vegas NV, ,
    Posts
    1,763
    Good work Tread. I think this is what would happen right now at the library.

    Also great T Shirt. I spent several summers working at Many Glacier up in the park. And just this last summer spent 2 weeks hanging out in the park.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    440
    OUTSTANDING!

    That was an excellent video. I can't wait for the public apology from your complaint/lawsuit.

    As someone said on another board: OC'ers are leading the Guns Rights movement now and god bless everyone of them!

    Good luck!

  8. #8
    Activist Member DoubleAgentMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    LA County, CA
    Posts
    64
    Awesome, that took a lot of guts to do so thanks for standing up for what's right.

  9. #9
    Regular Member Nevada carrier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    The Epicenter of Freedom
    Posts
    1,297
    I must have missed the new classification of public buildings known as "Law enforcement facility." Oh, wait thats because it doesn't exist. Excuse me officer, could you please put your foot a little further into your mouth? While your at it, how about having your supervisor come and charge you with coercion.

  10. #10
    Regular Member riverrat10k's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    on a rock in the james river
    Posts
    1,453
    That was great sir. I love the comment about it being a "law enforcement facility". LMAO! Show me the code!

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    440
    BTW, you did get a video or picture of the front entrance, showing that there was no legal sign, correct? That's in case they come back, install a sign after the fact then say it's been there all along.

    Good luck, please keep us posted.

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Las Vegas, ,
    Posts
    120
    Quote Originally Posted by FTG-05 View Post
    BTW, you did get a video or picture of the front entrance, showing that there was no legal sign, correct? That's in case they come back, install a sign after the fact then say it's been there all along.

    Good luck, please keep us posted.
    It shouldn't make any difference. According to the way the NV statute is written, it is only illegal to carry CONCEALED into a posted public building.

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    12
    so who was shooting the video? Did you have a reason for going to the headquarters or were you just going there to see what would happen?

  14. #14
    Regular Member john-in-reno's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Reno, Nevada, USA
    Posts
    238
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik88 View Post
    Did you have a reason for going to the headquarters or were you just going there to see what would happen?
    Quote Originally Posted by DON`T TREAD ON ME View Post
    I went to the Nevada Riders quarterly meeting, it is held at the NHP building.
    He was going to a meeting
    Last edited by john-in-reno; 04-08-2011 at 12:31 PM.
    http://washoecountygunrights.blogspot.com/

    *** I am NOT a Lawyer, and I DO NOT have any LEGAL EXPERIENCE OR QUALIFICATIONS ***

    MOLON LABE

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    12
    relax John I didn't see it.

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    1,605
    To ALL Persons so Interested:

    Nevada Revised Statute 202.3673(3) ONLY Appies to CONCEALED WEAPONS, therefore; Openly Carried Weapons are Allowed on Public Property throughout Nevada, except for Nevada Revised Statute 202.265.

    aadvark

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
    Posts
    1,251
    I tried to put the pic up but it did not cooperate, So I sent it to Sabotage to see if I could get an assist.

    I went back to take a pic because I want before and after shots. "That sign is coming down" although the next sign will simply say Concealed like the DMV. It is a good lesson for all to rely and restore our rights. not rely on laws that can be easily changed.

  18. #18
    Centurion
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Pleasant Grove, Utah, USA
    Posts
    3,828
    Yet another case of an OEO attempting to enforce what he THINKS the WRITTEN law says instead of being a LEO and enforcing what the law AS WRITTEN!

    Good luck on the Transformation of this OEO into a LEO!

  19. #19
    Regular Member Sabotage70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Fabulous Las Vegas, NV, ,
    Posts
    844
    Quote Originally Posted by DON`T TREAD ON ME View Post
    I tried to put the pic up but it did not cooperate, So I sent it to Sabotage to see if I could get an assist.

    I went back to take a pic because I want before and after shots. "That sign is coming down" although the next sign will simply say Concealed like the DMV. It is a good lesson for all to rely and restore our rights. not rely on laws that can be easily changed.
    Good thing you said something, I hardly ever check my e-mail, give me a sec.

    Last edited by Sabotage70; 04-08-2011 at 08:34 PM. Reason: added pic
    EDC=XDm40 16+1+16+16

    RED DRAGONS!!!!

  20. #20
    Regular Member Sabotage70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Fabulous Las Vegas, NV, ,
    Posts
    844
    One of the times I was at metro to reg. one of my newly acquired handguns. When I was down and getting it back. I asked one of metro's finest about it and he got pissy real quick. He seen my empty holster on my side and asked if I was a leo. Of course I said "no". I pointed out that the law applies to concealed and he would have any of it. I would like to try it. But with there trigger happy reputation, I'm skeered.
    EDC=XDm40 16+1+16+16

    RED DRAGONS!!!!

  21. #21
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
    Posts
    1,251
    METRO is on my list as well, Not sure if I should start in the IA dept. with their sign, or roll in a substation with video (planned unlike NHP) where I guess I just saw that BS sign one time to many. Thanks Sabotage for the assist on the pic.

  22. #22
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Las Vegas, ,
    Posts
    217
    That video is gold. Nice to see that so called Law Enforcenent upholds the actual law. What a joke of an officer.

    GoDSpeeD

  23. #23
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
    Posts
    1,251
    Quote Originally Posted by NavyLT View Post
    The sign seems absolutely correct according to NRS:



    The sign seems to say exactly what it is supposed to say in accordance with the NRS... "no firearms".

    Yes, only concealed firearms are prohibited, but the wording on the sign is correct.
    I Disagree, if the sign said "persuent to NRS 202.3673 Concealed firearms prohibited" It would be accurate. If the sign in its current state, was backed by law the Troopers would be in violation.
    Last edited by DON`T TREAD ON ME; 04-09-2011 at 01:21 AM. Reason: bold/underline

  24. #24
    Regular Member TigerLily's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Polygammyville, Utah
    Posts
    138
    Quote Originally Posted by DON`T TREAD ON ME View Post
    I Disagree, if the sign said "persuent to NRS 202.3673 Concealed firearms prohibited" It would be accurate. If the sign in its current state, was backed by law the Troopers would be in violation.
    If no firearms were allowed, then why is the trooper allowed in there with a firearm? I had never thought of it that way. It should read - only law enforcers allowed with firearms. But it doesn't. Hmmmm..... This is getting me to think out the box

    By the way .... that was me that took the vid
    Last edited by TigerLily; 04-09-2011 at 01:23 AM. Reason: to brag

  25. #25
    Regular Member TigerLily's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Polygammyville, Utah
    Posts
    138
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabotage70 View Post
    Good thing you said something, I hardly ever check my e-mail, give me a sec.

    That is a bad-ass sign. Can't wait to see the new one when they tear down that unlawful, deceitful, sign!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •