• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

So I open Carried at the Nevada Highway Patrol Headquarters today

DON`T TREAD ON ME

I went to the Nevada Riders quarterly meeting, it is held at the NHP building.
I have been going past those BS NRS 202.3673 Signs long enough, I did not really plan anything. I think I am just fed up with abiding by laws and watching law enforcement violate the very laws I pay them to uphold.

I walked in with my .45 and was immediatly met with force, I backed down, but intend to do an extensive IA complaint. If I do deliver it in person, I will be armed, I will post the video soon

MilitaryMike

Nice. Good job backing down WITHOUT backing down. Keep on them. Next time I enter any facility like this, I will bring a paper copy of the NRS and ask the police officer to read it. Now I know that will not work, but it's worth a shot. Did the signs posted on the door state "concealed" or did it just say firearm? Because if it stated concealed I would ask him to read his own sign.

Nice call on 207.190. I love how the guy then tries the defense of "you're not a cop" "well, then I guess you have more rights than me?"

http://www.leg.state.nv.us/nrs/NRS-207.html#NRS207Sec190

NRS 207.190 Coercion.
1. It is unlawful for a person, with the intent to compel another to do or abstain from doing an act which the other person has a right to do or abstain from doing, to:
(b) Deprive the person of any tool, implement or clothing, or hinder the person in the use thereof; or

Someone arrest that cop!

28kfps

This topic has been talked about a lot here in the past. Someone posted an e mail from the AG saying for the most part she agree this NRS referred only to a CCW. It was may be 4 months back. A copy of that might help if you can find it.

Last edited:

Vegassteve

Good work Tread. I think this is what would happen right now at the library.

Also great T Shirt. I spent several summers working at Many Glacier up in the park. And just this last summer spent 2 weeks hanging out in the park.

FTG-05

OUTSTANDING!

That was an excellent video. I can't wait for the public apology from your complaint/lawsuit.

As someone said on another board: OC'ers are leading the Guns Rights movement now and god bless everyone of them!

Good luck!

Nevada carrier

I must have missed the new classification of public buildings known as "Law enforcement facility." Oh, wait thats because it doesn't exist. Excuse me officer, could you please put your foot a little further into your mouth? While your at it, how about having your supervisor come and charge you with coercion.

FTG-05

BTW, you did get a video or picture of the front entrance, showing that there was no legal sign, correct? That's in case they come back, install a sign after the fact then say it's been there all along.

Good luck, please keep us posted.

SoLasVegas

BTW, you did get a video or picture of the front entrance, showing that there was no legal sign, correct? That's in case they come back, install a sign after the fact then say it's been there all along.

Good luck, please keep us posted.

It shouldn't make any difference. According to the way the NV statute is written, it is only illegal to carry CONCEALED into a posted public building.

Erik88

so who was shooting the video? Did you have a reason for going to the headquarters or were you just going there to see what would happen?

aadvark

To ALL Persons so Interested:

Nevada Revised Statute 202.3673(3) ONLY Appies to CONCEALED WEAPONS, therefore; Openly Carried Weapons are Allowed on Public Property throughout Nevada, except for Nevada Revised Statute 202.265.

aadvark

DON`T TREAD ON ME

I tried to put the pic up but it did not cooperate, So I sent it to Sabotage to see if I could get an assist.

I went back to take a pic because I want before and after shots. "That sign is coming down" although the next sign will simply say Concealed like the DMV. It is a good lesson for all to rely and restore our rights. not rely on laws that can be easily changed.

JoeSparky

Centurion
Yet another case of an OEO attempting to enforce what he THINKS the WRITTEN law says instead of being a LEO and enforcing what the law AS WRITTEN!

Good luck on the Transformation of this OEO into a LEO!

Sabotage70

I tried to put the pic up but it did not cooperate, So I sent it to Sabotage to see if I could get an assist.

I went back to take a pic because I want before and after shots. "That sign is coming down" although the next sign will simply say Concealed like the DMV. It is a good lesson for all to rely and restore our rights. not rely on laws that can be easily changed.

Good thing you said something, I hardly ever check my e-mail, give me a sec.

NHP.jpg

Last edited:

Sabotage70

One of the times I was at metro to reg. one of my newly acquired handguns. When I was down and getting it back. I asked one of metro's finest:rolleyes: about it and he got pissy real quick. He seen my empty holster on my side and asked if I was a leo. Of course I said "no". I pointed out that the law applies to concealed and he would have any of it. I would like to try it. But with there trigger happy reputation, I'm skeered.