• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Walther USA Customer Service

ElW75

Anyone else have problems with the lack of quality control and customer service at Walther USA? I have sent my PPS back to them three times now for the same problem (slide lock) and this most recent time they have had my gun for almost a month and not even hinted at when I will get it back or if it will even be fixed. I tried calling them (I haven't gotten any e-mail responses from them) and had to leave a message hoping they will get back to me. Is there any way to make sure they either truly fix my pistol or get them to replace it with a non lemon? I find it hard to believe the same company that makes the M&P can suck soo bad at fixing another weapon.

AIC869

We sent my wife's PPS back for service as it was an early run pistol that was among a number that had trigger bar issues. They had it for a few weeks before sending it back, but nothing undue; but we also didn't get updates on when it would come back. Pistol runs perfectly now. Not sure what could be taking them so long except that it's S&W performing the actual work. Might just be a busy time for them right now.

Dreamer

I've never sent a gun back to Walther, but I HAVE ordered parts for my P-22. They have always been very helpful and professional, but they can be VERY slow to ship...

If you're not getting anywhere with contacting Walther, contact the Smith & Wesson customer support people. S&W is the North American Distributor for Walther (and I think they actually own controlling interest in Walther now) and sometimes THEY can get the ball rolling more quickly than the "Walther" division...

KYGlockster

Activist Member
I just got my p22 back after them having it for 2 months for extraction and ejection problems with every kind of ammo. Got it back with a letter saying they found nothing wrong with it and that I should only use Cci mini mags. Well it is still failing to extract and eject and when a gun can only run with one kind of ammo and the most expensive at that then It is a sad piece of equipment, however it still malfunctions with their chosen round. I just bought an m&p right b4 this and now wish I wouldnt have strictly because of their poor customer service, hopefully nothing happens with it, BC
It prolly wouldn't get fixed.

KYGlockster

Activist Member
I've never sent a gun back to Walther, but I HAVE ordered parts for my P-22. They have always been very helpful and professional, but they can be VERY slow to ship...

If you're not getting anywhere with contacting Walther, contact the Smith & Wesson customer support people. S&W is the North American Distributor for Walther (and I think they actually own controlling interest in Walther now) and sometimes THEY can get the ball rolling more quickly than the "Walther" division...

When he sent his firearm to walther it went to s&w. Walther doesn't have a facility in u.s.a they do all their sales through s&w. S&w naturally also does all repairs for the walthers they distribute. If he was to send it to walther it would b going to Germany and that would prolly b a problem. U could possibly try contacting them, but I doubt it would do ne good at getn s&w to do their job.

ElW75

Thanks for all the posts.

I finally got ahold of the Walther folks after the third attempt and they told me they were still working on it (with no estimate on when they will be done). I asked them what could be done if they still fail to fix it after failing twice before (and sending it back for me to figure out) and the rep told me that if they can't fix something by the third attempt they would either give me a new weapon or refund my money, but those decisions were "made above his pay grade." I will keep you in the loop on how they handle this.

Dreamer

Got it back with a letter saying they found nothing wrong with it and that I should only use Cci mini mags. Well it is still failing to extract and eject and when a gun can only run with one kind of ammo and the most expensive at that then It is a sad piece of equipment, however it still malfunctions with their chosen round.

Are you, by any chance, left-handed?

Or are you trying to shoot it really quickly?

Last edited: