Thread: Lansing Library Director leaves for Kent County

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar

Lansing Library Director leaves for Kent County

He is the Kent District Library's director now.

http://www.migunowners.org/forum/sho...55#post1230255
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Son of a...We don't want him here! I REFUSE to pay this Jackwagon's salary...

Quote Originally Posted by Eurotour View Post
    Son of a...We don't want him here! I REFUSE to pay this Jackwagon's salary...
    Here is what a MGO member wrote them. Modify as you see fit.

Be careful of what Mr. Werner may cost your district. He got the Capital Area District Library into a legal fight with law-abiding gun owners. Look up “CADL vs MOC”.

This is costing CADL a lot of money in legal fees for an illegal anti-gun policy that Mr. Werner was trying to keep in place. CADL will lose this legal issue, and have wasted a lot of taxpayer dollars on it.

If you don’t want Mr. Werner to cost you a lot of taxpayer money that you don’t need to waste, tell him to muzzle his personal anti-gun agenda.

Quote from the court transcript, CADL vs. MOC hearing of 3/8/2011
    “MOC Attorney: Mr. Werner, is it your goal to prohibit those who are concealed pistol licensees from entering CADL facilities with firearms?
    CADL Director Werner: I guess so. I guess ‐‐ I guess that’s where we’re at, yes.
    MOC: So if it was up to you, nobody with a firearm would set foot in the CADL facilities?
    CADL: Yep.”

http://www.migunowners.org/forum/att...1&d=1301623826
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Campaign Veteran smellslikemichigan's Avatar
    it would be nice if this could somehow void the injunction. at least he will no longer be able to appear as a witness with the title of CADL director. maybe we can contact the new director and see if they are SANE.
    "If it ain't loaded and cocked it don't shoot." - Rooster Cogburn
    http://www.graystatemovie.com/

The director works for the Board, they will decide what to do next. Wanna guess what it will be?

Banned
    Offer CPL classes at the library?

Quote Originally Posted by stainless1911 View Post
    Offer CPL classes at the library?
    LMBO! I wish that were the case. It sounds like he is gonna go district to district push his own agenda. I might just have to go the local branch and check out some books, OCing of course...

Goodbye, Lance. You were a fascist near and dear to my heart. I will miss you.
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

Quote Originally Posted by TheQ View Post
    Goodbye, Lance. You were a fascist near and dear to my heart. I will miss you.
    I won't.
    Big Gay Al
    Coordinator, Michigan Pink Pistols
    Big Gay Al's Big Gay (Gun) Blog
    Fabrique Nationale d'Herstal FNX-45 .45ACP 16 rounds of hurt.

Unhappy Woe onto Kent county!

I'm glad he's out of Lansing, but those poor bastards in Kent Co.

PS -> Lance if you are reading this BLOW ME!
    Last edited by Centurion; 04-07-2011 at 09:13 PM. Reason: add PS

Maybe Kent County wants his anti-gun agenda.

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by scot623 View Post
    Maybe Kent County wants his anti-gun agenda.
    Yikes! If that's the case it's going to suck to be a freedom loving law abiding citizen there as everything will be under the control of some type of authority : Gun authority, sidewalk authority, road authority, parks authority, UNDERWEAR authority and so on
    Last edited by Centurion; 04-07-2011 at 09:17 PM. Reason: PS- Lance if you are still reading this BLOW ME!

I've carried in KDL many times and have always been treated very pleasantly by the staff. I also know that the sheriff is, despite previous issues with oc which I believe have been resolved, very pro-2a and, since he would be the one to deal with removing people from the library, that issue won't go very far. Additionally, most, if not all area state reps and local judges also support the right to carry; I don't think Kent County will be as friendly to his antics as some in the capitol area were. Now, if it were the Grand Rapids Public Library, it would perhaps be a different story.
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

Disclaimer – I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.

Makes me wonder, he has not been at CADL all that long! What 3 years? One would think a plush job like his in Lansing one might not WANT TO LEAVE
    Last edited by Onnie; 04-07-2011 at 10:31 PM.
    When Guns are OUTLAWED, Ill be an OUTLAW
    American Tactical Imports C45 45 AP
    S&W sigma 40 Cal
    Bersa 380 Thunder Plus
    Hi point C9 9mm
    Chiappa 1911-22 Semi-Auto .22 LR

Im not a lawyer, but I did play a Klingon once at Universal Studios

Some general thoughts just tossed in the middle of this discussion....

During any conflict whether physical, legal, or of opposing ideologies, both opponents juggle for the most advantageous position. So if an opponent moves from one position to another it would be wise to find out what advantage, what benefit, that move gives to your opponent.
    Gun control isn't about the gun at all.... for those who want gun control it is all about their own fragile egos, their own lack of self esteem, their own inner fears, and most importantly... their own desire to dominate others. And an openly carried gun is a slap in the face to all of those things.

Quote Originally Posted by DrTodd View Post
    I've carried in KDL many times and have always been treated very pleasantly by the staff. I also know that the sheriff is, despite previous issues with oc which I believe have been resolved, very pro-2a and, since he would be the one to deal with removing people from the library, that issue won't go very far. Additionally, most, if not all area state reps and local judges also support the right to carry; I don't think Kent County will be as friendly to his antics as some in the capitol area were. Now, if it were the Grand Rapids Public Library, it would perhaps be a different story.
    Tell that to the fascist GR city attorney that called me a terrorist for wanting the PD to conform to state law and remove their no weapons sign in the PD lobby, and yes they enforce it...vigiously and with prejudice.

So far my dealings in Kent country have been very anti-gun. Kent county was also one of the first to try and have CPL applicants submit their medical records for review, etc... For a Conservative county they don't like people to carry guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Onnie View Post
    Makes me wonder, he has not been at CADL all that long! What 3 years? One would think a plush job like his in Lansing one might not WANT TO LEAVE
    In the transcripts he says how long he was in Lansing, I can't remember, but I think it was about a year and a half. Yes, No?

Campaign Veteran smellslikemichigan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Onnie View Post
    he is no doubt leaving due to his unstable staff and patrons...

(and the fact that he can't defend himself against them due to draconian policies)
    Last edited by smellslikemichigan; 04-08-2011 at 10:17 AM.
    "If it ain't loaded and cocked it don't shoot." - Rooster Cogburn
    http://www.graystatemovie.com/

Campaign Veteran Glock9mmOldStyle's Avatar

Angry We need to keep a close eye on Lance & his fellow fascists!

Quote Originally Posted by Venator View Post
    Tell that to the fascist GR city attorney that called me a terrorist for wanting the PD to conform to state law and remove their no weapons sign in the PD lobby, and yes they enforce it...vigiously and with prejudice.

So far my dealings in Kent country have been very anti-gun. Kent county was also one of the first to try and have CPL applicants submit their medical records for review, etc... For a Conservative county they don't like people to carry guns.
    Man this is bad news for the 602,000 residents of Kent Co. As their population grows (see link) the power grubbing officials there will surely use Lance's skill set to trample the "little peoples" freedoms with his shiny jack-boots!

http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/local...-west-michigan

We need to keep a close eye on Lance & his fellow fascists; as it is their intent to see our entire nation reduced to peasants that must beg for scraps of freedom to be thrown down to them from the King's dinner table!

I love the peasants! -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dk47saogI8o
    Last edited by Glock9mmOldStyle; 04-08-2011 at 01:37 PM. Reason: Add youtube link for our pal Lance
    “A government that does not trust it’s law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms is itself unworthy of trust.” James Madison.

“Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.” “The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.” George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Venator View Post
    In the transcripts he says how long he was in Lansing, I can't remember, but I think it was about a year and a half. Yes, No?
    from his liken web page:
    http://www.linkedin.com/pub/lance-werner/7/b9b/a58

put his start date some time around Jan 2009 so 2 years 4 months

August 2009 – Present (1 year 9 months)

• Chief Executive Officer of the Capital Area District Library (CADL), the fifth largest library in the State of Michigan, consisting of 13 separate libraries and a book mobile, with an annual budget of 12.4 million dollars, a staff of approximately 270 employees (48 of which possess graduate degrees), serving a population of approximately 240,165 people and a geographic area of approximately 546 square miles.
    S&W sigma 40 Cal
    Bersa 380 Thunder Plus
    Hi point C9 9mm

Quote Originally Posted by smellslikemichigan View Post
    he is no doubt leaving due to his unstable staff and patrons...

(and the fact that he can't defend himself against them due to draconian policies)
    he puts up this huge fight and then leaves in the middle to take a similar position somewhere else. Wonder if it was his idea or the boards (thinking out loud)
    S&W sigma 40 Cal
    Bersa 380 Thunder Plus
    Hi point C9 9mm