• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Lansing Library Director leaves for Kent County

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
Son of a...We don't want him here! I REFUSE to pay this Jackwagon's salary...

Here is what a MGO member wrote them. Modify as you see fit.

Be careful of what Mr. Werner may cost your district. He got the Capital Area District Library into a legal fight with law-abiding gun owners. Look up “CADL vs MOC”.

This is costing CADL a lot of money in legal fees for an illegal anti-gun policy that Mr. Werner was trying to keep in place. CADL will lose this legal issue, and have wasted a lot of taxpayer dollars on it.

If you don’t want Mr. Werner to cost you a lot of taxpayer money that you don’t need to waste, tell him to muzzle his personal anti-gun agenda.

Quote from the court transcript, CADL vs. MOC hearing of 3/8/2011
“MOC Attorney: Mr. Werner, is it your goal to prohibit those who are concealed pistol licensees from entering CADL facilities with firearms?
CADL Director Werner: I guess so. I guess ‐‐ I guess that’s where we’re at, yes.
MOC: So if it was up to you, nobody with a firearm would set foot in the CADL facilities?
CADL: Yep.”

http://www.migunowners.org/forum/att...1&d=1301623826

smellslikemichigan

Campaign Veteran
it would be nice if this could somehow void the injunction. at least he will no longer be able to appear as a witness with the title of CADL director. maybe we can contact the new director and see if they are SANE.

Centurion

Woe onto Kent county!

I'm glad he's out of Lansing, but those poor bastards in Kent Co. :eek:

PS -> Lance if you are reading this BLOW ME!

Last edited:

Centurion

Maybe Kent County wants his anti-gun agenda.

Yikes! If that's the case it's going to suck to be a freedom loving law abiding citizen there as everything will be under the control of some type of authority : Gun authority, sidewalk authority, road authority, parks authority, UNDERWEAR authority and so on :confused::confused::eek::eek::(

Last edited:

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
I've carried in KDL many times and have always been treated very pleasantly by the staff. I also know that the sheriff is, despite previous issues with oc which I believe have been resolved, very pro-2a and, since he would be the one to deal with removing people from the library, that issue won't go very far. Additionally, most, if not all area state reps and local judges also support the right to carry; I don't think Kent County will be as friendly to his antics as some in the capitol area were. Now, if it were the Grand Rapids Public Library, it would perhaps be a different story.

Onnie

Makes me wonder, he has not been at CADL all that long! What 3 years? One would think a plush job like his in Lansing one might not WANT TO LEAVE:uhoh:

Last edited:
B

Bikenut

Some general thoughts just tossed in the middle of this discussion....

During any conflict whether physical, legal, or of opposing ideologies, both opponents juggle for the most advantageous position. So if an opponent moves from one position to another it would be wise to find out what advantage, what benefit, that move gives to your opponent.

Venator

I've carried in KDL many times and have always been treated very pleasantly by the staff. I also know that the sheriff is, despite previous issues with oc which I believe have been resolved, very pro-2a and, since he would be the one to deal with removing people from the library, that issue won't go very far. Additionally, most, if not all area state reps and local judges also support the right to carry; I don't think Kent County will be as friendly to his antics as some in the capitol area were. Now, if it were the Grand Rapids Public Library, it would perhaps be a different story.

Tell that to the fascist GR city attorney that called me a terrorist for wanting the PD to conform to state law and remove their no weapons sign in the PD lobby, and yes they enforce it...vigiously and with prejudice.

So far my dealings in Kent country have been very anti-gun. Kent county was also one of the first to try and have CPL applicants submit their medical records for review, etc... For a Conservative county they don't like people to carry guns.

Venator

Makes me wonder, he has not been at CADL all that long! What 3 years? One would think a plush job like his in Lansing one might not WANT TO LEAVE:uhoh:

In the transcripts he says how long he was in Lansing, I can't remember, but I think it was about a year and a half. Yes, No?

smellslikemichigan

Campaign Veteran

he is no doubt leaving due to his unstable staff and patrons... :banana:

(and the fact that he can't defend himself against them due to draconian policies)

Last edited:

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
We need to keep a close eye on Lance & his fellow fascists!

Tell that to the fascist GR city attorney that called me a terrorist for wanting the PD to conform to state law and remove their no weapons sign in the PD lobby, and yes they enforce it...vigiously and with prejudice.

So far my dealings in Kent country have been very anti-gun. Kent county was also one of the first to try and have CPL applicants submit their medical records for review, etc... For a Conservative county they don't like people to carry guns.

Man this is bad news for the 602,000 residents of Kent Co. As their population grows (see link) the power grubbing officials there will surely use Lance's skill set to trample the "little peoples" freedoms with his shiny jack-boots!
:(

http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/local/kent_county/2010-census-numbers-for-west-michigan

We need to keep a close eye on Lance & his fellow fascists; as it is their intent to see our entire nation reduced to peasants that must beg for scraps of freedom to be thrown down to them from the King's dinner table!

I love the peasants! -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dk47saogI8o

Last edited:

Onnie

In the transcripts he says how long he was in Lansing, I can't remember, but I think it was about a year and a half. Yes, No?

from his liken web page:
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/lance-werner/7/b9b/a58

put his start date some time around Jan 2009 so 2 years 4 months

August 2009 – Present (1 year 9 months)

• Chief Executive Officer of the Capital Area District Library (CADL), the fifth largest library in the State of Michigan, consisting of 13 separate libraries and a book mobile, with an annual budget of 12.4 million dollars, a staff of approximately 270 employees (48 of which possess graduate degrees), serving a population of approximately 240,165 people and a geographic area of approximately 546 square miles.