Thread: Cleanup project im Reno

City? Who wants to live in a CITY?, Nevada, USA

Cleanup project im Reno

AM 780 just had a PSA for a cleanup day soon (didn't hear when. Might be a good OC activity.

Activist Member
    Let us know if you hear more about it.

http://www.mynews4.com/calendar.php?...4&eventid=7524

Spring Clean-up Day

April 9, 2011

Volunteers needed for Spring Clean-up Day
    at the Wilbur D. May Arboretum
    Help get Washoe County’s public garden ready for spring
    Reno, Nevada. Pick-up on some good gardening tips then put them to good use by joining Rail City Garden Center and News Talk 780 KKOH for the annual Volunteer Spring Cleanup Day at Washoe County’s Wilbur May Arboretum on Saturday, April 9, 2011.
    “We’re asking volunteers to join us for a day of garden work and gardening workshops,” Arboretum Horticulturist Bill Carlos said. “We think this day will be of benefit to the volunteers and to thousands of other arboretum visitors, throughout the entire season.”

Volunteer Spring Cleanup Day at the Wilbur May Arboretum is an all-age volunteer event with hands-on work throughout the County’s public garden.
    Volunteers also receive tips on home gardening from Rancho San Rafael Botanical Society members, arboretum volunteers, Master Gardeners, and arboretum staff during a series of mini-workshops in the morning. Refreshments will be served following the cleanup.
    What: Volunteer Spring Cleanup Day at the Wilbur May Arboretum
    When: 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. on Saturday, April 9, 2011
    Where: Wilbur D. May Arboretum, Rancho San Rafael Regional Park
    1595 N. Sierra Street, Reno
    Details: Mini-workshops on rose care and tree pruning start at 9:00 a.m. Bring hand pruners, loppers and a small folding hand saw to the workshops.

Contact: To volunteer, call Stephanie D’Arcy at (775) 823-6514
    Managed by Washoe County’s Department of Regional Parks and Open Space, the Wilbur D. May Arboretum and Botanical Garden is now celebrating 25 years as the region’s premier public garden. The arboretum opened in May 1986 as an outdoor museum and educational resource illustrating how plant life adapts and survives in the rugged climate between the Sierra Nevada and Great Basin.
    The Wilbur D. May Foundation provided funding for the initial construction of the arboretum and continues to support operation and maintenance of the gardens. Additional support is provided by Rancho San Rafael Botanical Society volunteers and the community at large. For information about gardening workshops, volunteer opportunities and special events, visit www.maycenter.com.
    Anyone interested in volunteer opportunities at Washoe County Parks is invited to call Stephanie D’Arcy at (775) 823-6514.
    Last edited by john-in-reno; 04-08-2011 at 12:36 PM.
    http://washoecountygunrights.blogspot.com/

*** I am NOT a Lawyer, and I DO NOT have any LEGAL EXPERIENCE OR QUALIFICATIONS ***

MOLON LABE

Activist Member
    I had too much homework to do.

City? Who wants to live in a CITY?, Nevada, USA
    I didn't hear any details other than it was a volunteer thing at a park, likely to be covered by media, and I figured it might be a chance for some good PR and public education on OC. I heard it as I was heading out of town. Did anyone go and OC there?

I didn't get to bed till about 2am, so I didnt wake up till about 12 noon
    http://washoecountygunrights.blogspot.com/

*** I am NOT a Lawyer, and I DO NOT have any LEGAL EXPERIENCE OR QUALIFICATIONS ***

MOLON LABE