• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Cleanup project im Reno

john-in-reno

http://www.mynews4.com/calendar.php?id=1414&eventid=7524

Spring Clean-up Day

April 9, 2011

Volunteers needed for Spring Clean-up Day
at the Wilbur D. May Arboretum
Help get Washoe County’s public garden ready for spring
Reno, Nevada. Pick-up on some good gardening tips then put them to good use by joining Rail City Garden Center and News Talk 780 KKOH for the annual Volunteer Spring Cleanup Day at Washoe County’s Wilbur May Arboretum on Saturday, April 9, 2011.
“We’re asking volunteers to join us for a day of garden work and gardening workshops,” Arboretum Horticulturist Bill Carlos said. “We think this day will be of benefit to the volunteers and to thousands of other arboretum visitors, throughout the entire season.”

Volunteer Spring Cleanup Day at the Wilbur May Arboretum is an all-age volunteer event with hands-on work throughout the County’s public garden.
Volunteers also receive tips on home gardening from Rancho San Rafael Botanical Society members, arboretum volunteers, Master Gardeners, and arboretum staff during a series of mini-workshops in the morning. Refreshments will be served following the cleanup.
What: Volunteer Spring Cleanup Day at the Wilbur May Arboretum
When: 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. on Saturday, April 9, 2011
Where: Wilbur D. May Arboretum, Rancho San Rafael Regional Park
1595 N. Sierra Street, Reno
Details: Mini-workshops on rose care and tree pruning start at 9:00 a.m. Bring hand pruners, loppers and a small folding hand saw to the workshops.

Contact: To volunteer, call Stephanie D’Arcy at (775) 823-6514
Managed by Washoe County’s Department of Regional Parks and Open Space, the Wilbur D. May Arboretum and Botanical Garden is now celebrating 25 years as the region’s premier public garden. The arboretum opened in May 1986 as an outdoor museum and educational resource illustrating how plant life adapts and survives in the rugged climate between the Sierra Nevada and Great Basin.
The Wilbur D. May Foundation provided funding for the initial construction of the arboretum and continues to support operation and maintenance of the gardens. Additional support is provided by Rancho San Rafael Botanical Society volunteers and the community at large. For information about gardening workshops, volunteer opportunities and special events, visit www.maycenter.com.
Anyone interested in volunteer opportunities at Washoe County Parks is invited to call Stephanie D’Arcy at (775) 823-6514.

Last edited:

DVC

City? Who wants to live in a CITY?, Nevada, USA
I didn't hear any details other than it was a volunteer thing at a park, likely to be covered by media, and I figured it might be a chance for some good PR and public education on OC. I heard it as I was heading out of town. Did anyone go and OC there?