• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Oklahoma House committee does not pass open-carry bill

jcizzle

Rep. Paul Roan said in the article something about how 20% of officers killed on duty are shot with their own gun so he wants retention training. You know that LEOs have a higher rate of ADs than privat gun carriers don't you? Most often in the restroom. They take a dump and pull their gun out while on the pot to play with it like a little kid. That's not a retention problem. It's a stupid problem. I have a close friend who's an OK trooper and when I mentioned that fact to him, he agreed that most of the folks he works with take their gun belt off and lay it on the counter then bring their gun into the stall with them unholstered. That's when they end up jacking with it and having an AD. This has nothing to do with retention. I've been scouring for stories where a BG has taken a firearm from a LAC and done harm but can't. Also, if more people where carrying and a BG took citizen 1's gun, maybe citizen 2 could take care of him.

hrdware

Not yet dead....

This bill is not yet dead as the media would have you think.

Start at post 65 and read on for more info

I figured there would be something about weapons retention in there since that's one of the things they wanted in Rep Tibbs Bill. I want to know how they are going to enforce retention training on those of us who already have a CWL.

Last edited:

Jim675

Founder's Club Member
It was the ORA and I don't think the are related to the nra

You mean these guys?

http://www.oklarifle.org/

oralead.jpg

State Affiliate of the National Rifle Association Affiliate of the Civilian Marksmanship Program Founded in 1927.

Aknazer

Maybe I'm being cynical, but I think the NRA would oppose any OC without training if their board was comprised of people who make their living through training.

But I wouldn't expect them to give such blatant misinformation as it being illegal for people under 21 to own handguns. I would be curious as to what their view would be on a law that allowed the carry of rifles/shotguns as I would expect them to support it.