Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lansing Gun Show

Lansing Gun Show

Does anybody know there policy on OC/CC? I think i remember this in a previous thread but seem to discover it. And any comments on the show from someone that has attended one would be nice. Looking for small revolver, Taurus or Smith, maybe. Been checkin prices in stores so I can tell if gun shows are worth the time.

http://www.migunshows.com/

Is this the one? If so, it's the same guys who put on the Grand Rapids one, and unless you are a cop in full uniform with Badge and ID, your gun will be zip tied and ammo will be held at the door.

yes its the same one. that sounds great.

I saw something like that on there website but thought they were talking about when you were selling them.

Quote Originally Posted by WilDChilD View Post
    I saw something like that on there website but thought they were talking about when you were selling them.
    Last time I went, I locked my pistol in my car. Much easier that way.
    Big Gay Al
    Coordinator, Michigan Pink Pistols
    Big Gay Al's Big Gay (Gun) Blog
    Fabrique Nationale d'Herstal FNX-45 .45ACP 16 rounds of hurt.

The Lansing aka Mason gun show is a very nice show, parking is tight so get there early, and one caveat although it is a Friday - Sunday show... Friday is dealer optional, and if you go then expect to see many empty tables...

Held at the county fair ground just east (about 1 mile) of the Mason city square on the south side of the road...

Prices are so so, with some of the more plentiful guns you can get a decent price on them due to competition, but the hard to find items may bring a premimum....

Parking lot sales are not allowed.... however you can take a gun inside with a sign to sell....

BOT no loaded guns are allowed in the show OC or CC, they will ask you at the door, make you unload and they will bag and tag your ammo for when you leave and put a yellow zip tie in the action of your gun....
    Last edited by Sheldon; 04-07-2011 at 08:39 PM.

They won't know about the one under your shirt

However, the gun show, along with it's organizer (Total Firearms of Holt) are NOT loaded open carry friendly.
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

Question Please give details.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Gay Al View Post
    Last time I went, I locked my pistol in my car. Much easier that way.
    Please provide a detailed description of your car along with the plate #. I need a nice 45

Everybody seems outraged when a store or restaurant forbids firearms, yet we kowtow to some nitwit running a gun show? Where does our hypocrisy end?

No guns, no money!
    'If the people are not ready for the exercise of the non-violence of the brave, they must be ready for the use of force in self defense. There should be no camouflage.....it must never be secret.' MK Gandhi II-146 (Gandhi on Non-Violence)-- Gandhi supports open carry!

'There is nothing more demoralizing than the fake non-violence of the weak and impotent.' MK Gandhi II-153 (Gandhi on Non-Violence)

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Bear View Post
    Everybody seems outraged when a store or restaurant forbids firearms, yet we kowtow to some nitwit running a gun show? Where does our hypocrisy end?

No guns, no money!
    +1

Just because they sell guns does not making them pro 2A!

Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
    Everybody seems outraged when a store or restaurant forbids firearms, yet we kowtow to some nitwit running a gun show?
    I have friends that own one of the largest gun shows on the East Coast and they are VERY pro gun. It is an insurance issue. Nonthign more, nothign less. They "could" change the insurance but then admission to the show would be $50/$75 per person per day.

Ed
    Carry On.

Ed

VirginiaOpenCarry.Org (Coins, Shirts and Patches)
    - - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

Quote Originally Posted by ed View Post
    I have friends that own one of the largest gun shows on the East Coast and they are VERY pro gun. It is an insurance issue. Nonthign more, nothign less. They "could" change the insurance but then admission to the show would be $50/$75 per person per day.

Ed
    This may very well be the case, here in MI. there are some shows that allow open carry and manage to keep the cost to enter reasonable last one I attended last fall admission price was $5. I make it a point to spend my money there vs. others that strip me & my family of the chance to defend ourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Centurion View Post
    This may very well be the case, here in MI. there are some shows that allow open carry and manage to keep the cost to enter reasonable last one I attended last fall admission price was $5. I make it a point to spend my money there vs. others that strip me & my family of the chance to defend ourselves.
    I worked the gun show a few times, it is an insurance issue.
    Big Gay Al

Please provide a detailed description of your car along with the plate #. I need a nice 45
    Too bad for you, I don't go to the gun shows anymore.
    Big Gay Al

Cool, then keep us posted of the OC friendly gun shows
    The news media plays politics more than the politicians do.

No guns, no money!
    It's not an anti gun thing but more of a safety thing....

Real quick show of hands, how many of you have been in a gun show or gun store and had some careless uninformed ignorant moron that is handling a gun sweep you or a family member???

Me I'm glad they have to be unloaded but the dealers on the other hand are often armed with one in the pipe...

As to the OC friendly shows vs the insurance no loaded guns policy, could it just be an "don't ask don't tell" situation.....
    Last edited by Sheldon; 04-08-2011 at 12:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Eagle View Post
    Cool, then keep us posted of the OC friendly gun shows
    And, keep us posted on the ones that don't support 2A, so we can boycott them.

Insurance, my foot. If that were the case, the gun stores would be in the same boat.
    'If the people are not ready for the exercise of the non-violence of the brave, they must be ready for the use of force in self defense. There should be no camouflage.....it must never be secret.' MK Gandhi II-146 (Gandhi on Non-Violence)-- Gandhi supports open carry!

'There is nothing more demoralizing than the fake non-violence of the weak and impotent.' MK Gandhi II-153 (Gandhi on Non-Violence)

Quote Originally Posted by Sheldon View Post
    Real quick show of hands, how many of you have been in a gun show or gun store and had some careless uninformed ignorant moron that is handling a gun sweep you or a family member???
    He'll, I was at Total Firearm 2 weeks ago. I saw a staff member unholster his sidearm (presumably loaded) and display it to a customer *eye rolls* -- THEN they had issues with me there with my holstered firearm which I NEVER TOUCHED!
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ed View Post

Ed
    That's a crap excuse. I talked with the people that run this show and it's not insurance costs, its a control issue.

Other shows allow loaded guns in Michigan, I wonder where they get their insurance???
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Banned
    Didn't we go through this last year?

Campaign Veteran Glock9mmOldStyle's Avatar

Thumbs up This debunks the insurance / safety myth

Quote Originally Posted by stainless1911 View Post
    Didn't we go through this last year?
    Yes we did. You were at the Pontiac picnic too, correct? A local gun show promoter went out of his way to come out and invite us to his shows. He does some shows at the TaylorTown Trade center on Ecorse rd. In Taylor, MI & some in the Clarkston, MI. area. All legal OC/CC is welcome at his shows. Link to general Taylor TC info:
    http://www.taylortowninfo.com/

Gun show info from this promoter
    http://www.ww2collector.com/gunshow.htm

See this debunks the insurance / safety myth as last fall I attended a gun show armed along with many other armed people & not one thing happened, no shot out eyes, accidental discharges, our intentional discharges. Just law-abiding citizens gathered peaceably to buy, sell & exchange ideas about one of the most important tools know to freedom in our land...firearms Carry on openly & often.

G9OS
    - OUT!
    Last edited by Glock9mmOldStyle; 04-08-2011 at 01:12 PM.
    “A government that does not trust it’s law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms is itself unworthy of trust.” James Madison.

“Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.” “The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.” George Washington

for any of you going there,ill be there today and sunday,possibly saturday evening. to help out with a table for a local group.
    not a lawyer, dont take anything i say as legal advice.

Banned
    Yes, I remember him. Nice guy, all that was needed was that we let him see our side of the issue, and he welcomed us with open arms.

Well, all I can tell you is what I was told by the guy who manages the thing. Because I asked about it when I worked there. I was told it was insurance. That if they allowed people to carry loaded, the insurance expense would drive up the cost of admission. Beyond that, I don't know what else to tell you.
    Big Gay Al

Banned
    You were fed a line of standard issue BS that the guy possibly believed was true. So many THINK they know, enough to put money on it, or to try to have one of us arrested, but they really don't understand.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast