• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Lansing Gun Show

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
This debunks the insurance / safety myth

Didn't we go through this last year?

Yes we did. You were at the Pontiac picnic too, correct? A local gun show promoter went out of his way to come out and invite us to his shows. He does some shows at the TaylorTown Trade center on Ecorse rd. In Taylor, MI & some in the Clarkston, MI. area. All legal OC/CC is welcome at his shows. Link to general Taylor TC info:
http://www.taylortowninfo.com/

Gun show info from this promoter
http://www.ww2collector.com/gunshow.htm

See this debunks the insurance / safety myth as last fall I attended a gun show armed along with many other armed people & not one thing happened, no shot out eyes, accidental discharges, our intentional discharges. Just law-abiding citizens gathered peaceably to buy, sell & exchange ideas about one of the most important tools know to freedom in our land...firearms ;) Carry on openly & often.

G9OS
- OUT!

Last edited:

lil_freak_66

for any of you going there,ill be there today and sunday,possibly saturday evening. to help out with a table for a local group.

Big Gay Al

Michigan Moderator
Well, all I can tell you is what I was told by the guy who manages the thing. Because I asked about it when I worked there. I was told it was insurance. That if they allowed people to carry loaded, the insurance expense would drive up the cost of admission. Beyond that, I don't know what else to tell you.

lil_freak_66

i sent a text to the guy im helping run the booth with later tonight,he's gonna check for an official rule on it,if i can get a photocopy of anything in writing then i will.

**EDIT** he confirms the unloaded and ziptied thing.

when i get there ill look for a sign or piece of paper that says so to try and get even more rock solid proof.

Last edited:

Big Gay Al

Michigan Moderator
You were fed a line of standard issue BS that the guy possibly believed was true. So many THINK they know, enough to put money on it, or to try to have one of us arrested, but they really don't understand.
Frankly, it don't matter to me anymore. I quit going to gun shows, since I don't usually have the money to spend there anyway. Besides, I found a gun dealer who has "end of the year" lay-away. :)

Shadow Bear

Michigan Moderator
Well, all I can tell you is what I was told by the guy who manages the thing. Because I asked about it when I worked there. I was told it was insurance. That if they allowed people to carry loaded, the insurance expense would drive up the cost of admission. Beyond that, I don't know what else to tell you.

I didn't mean to cast aspersions on the veracity of your post. I was calling bull on what you were told.

Gun show promoters that talk out of both ends should be shunned to the fullest extent.

lil_freak_66

few OC'ers stopped by today(going super-california style) including one that claimed to be friends with kimberguy.

hope to see some of you sunday when im out there again.

Sheldon

i sent a text to the guy im helping run the booth with later tonight,he's gonna check for an official rule on it,if i can get a photocopy of anything in writing then i will.

**EDIT** he confirms the unloaded and ziptied thing.

when i get there ill look for a sign or piece of paper that says so to try and get even more rock solid proof.

I believe they have a big sign at the entrance "No Loaded Firearms allowed inside".... as well as the no PL sales.....

Super Trucker

I bet you have also been told you will the first one shot if you OC, and we all know that is ******** also.

lil_freak_66

PL=parking lot.which as far as i know arent actually illegal even though the sign says so.private transfers are perfectly legal here so i just think that sign is meant to discourage PL sales so you have to pay the entrance fee to get in.

i did remember seeing that sign yesterday,but i used back entrance today so i didnt get another look(or pictures) of the others.

Bearhawk

Real quick show of hands, how many of you have been in a gun show or gun store and had some careless uninformed ignorant moron that is handling a gun sweep you or a family member???

And that my friend is why I never go to the gun shop on West Main near Menards in Oshtemo! The ignorant moron was behind the counter! Won't see me in there anymore. He was doing it with the Crimson Trace laser illuminated. What an idiot.

I seem to find better deals online anyhow. I don't mind used guns and occasionally will buy new but so often at the shows, there's no real good deals. The last few shows I went to were big disappointments. Paid my money and left with nothing.

Last edited:

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
+1

And that my friend is why I never go to the gun shop on West Main near Menards in Oshtemo! The ignorant moron was behind the counter! Won't see me in there anymore. He was doing it with the Crimson Trace laser illuminated. What an idiot.

I seem to find better deals online anyhow. I don't mind used guns and occasionally will buy new but so often at the shows, there's no real good deals. The last few shows I went to were big disappointments. Paid my money and left with nothing.

AMEN! The only time I've ever been muzzle swept at one of these places has been by a EMPLOYEE never a customer. Now these were display guns but the actions were closed, so the rule of thumb is supposed to be treat it as if it is loaded until a safety check confirms that it is truly safe to handle. Go into any gun store I guarantee you'll see most of the staff failing simple "safe gun handling procedures" recommended by the NRA.

Sheldon

On Target or D&L? Ever hit Schanz over in Otsego?

AMEN! The only time I've ever been muzzle swept at one of these places has been by a EMPLOYEE never a customer. Now these were display guns but the actions were closed, so the rule of thumb is supposed to be treat it as if it is loaded until a safety check confirms that it is truly safe to handle. Go into any gun store I guarantee you'll see most of the staff failing simple "safe gun handling procedures" recommended by the NRA.

That's called bad management and employee training....

Last edited: