• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

GFSZA repeal?

~*'Phoenix'*~

Does anyone have links or info on any efforts going to repeal or amend the stupid/evil Gun Free School Zone Act? If it can't be repealed, simply amending it to remove the 1000ft defense-free-ring would pretty much fix this for everyone (since most states already ban guns in schools for students/employees anyway).

77zach

Does anyone have links or info on any efforts going to repeal or amend the stupid/evil Gun Free School Zone Act? If it can't be repealed, simply amending it to remove the 1000ft defense-free-ring would pretty much fix this for everyone (since most states already ban guns in schools for students/employees anyway).

It has already been repealed by the Supreme Court. Congress ignored SCOTUS and repassed it anyway. I'm not sure if anyone has been prosecuted though.

If we get OC this year, it's my opinion that we need to go for the bar ban repeal and the school ban repeal at the state level for permit holders next. I spend zero time at either of those places, but we need to get rid of this idea that guns are dirty and only "only ones" can be trusted with them around children. This perception that guns don't mix with learning and childhood innocence is terrible for our cause. Just like concealed carry only is terrible for our cause.

Last edited:

~*'Phoenix'*~

It has already been repealed by the Supreme Court. Congress ignored SCOTUS and repassed it anyway. I'm not sure if anyone has been prosecuted though.

If we get OC this year, it's my opinion that we need to go for the bar ban repeal and the school ban repeal at the state level for permit holders next. I spend zero time at either of those places, but we need to get rid of this idea that guns are dirty and only "only ones" can be trusted with them around children. This perception that guns don't mix with learning and childhood innocence is terrible for our cause. Just like concealed carry only is terrible for our cause.
Yeah, I know, the Clinton/Reno weasel team helped congress wriggle in through with that idiotic 'commerce' clause. I've heard Montana is working on a state law to make any firearm made and kept in Montana free from any 'interstate commerce' trickery. Sad, but it's a start on chiseling away the federal abuse.
I haven't heard of anyone getting prosecuted either. But it's a law that can only increase 'crime' by making more 'criminals.' It's already illegal, and always has been, to shoot someone, shoot at someone, or draw a gun on someone except in self defense, so who can these other laws actually affect? Only people that weren't going to commit a real crime in the first place.

77zach

Yeah, I know, the Clinton/Reno weasel team helped congress wriggle in through with that idiotic 'commerce' clause. I've heard Montana is working on a state law to make any firearm made and kept in Montana free from any 'interstate commerce' trickery. Sad, but it's a start on chiseling away the federal abuse.
I haven't heard of anyone getting prosecuted either. But it's a law that can only increase 'crime' by making more 'criminals.' It's already illegal, and always has been, to shoot someone, shoot at someone, or draw a gun on someone except in self defense, so who can these other laws actually affect? Only people that weren't going to commit a real crime in the first place.

If you watch the committee hearings, you'll see that our rulers just aren't very smart. They couldn't care less about liberty. Some know full well how stupid it is, and they just want you to be their slave.

Last edited: