• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The Greene Turtle Bar and Grille Leesburg, VA (maybe all?) anti-gun

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
The sign is not on the exterior door.. It is behind the hostess stand inside. Feel free to call or write Leesburg, VA location and or corporate office and let them know how you feel.
greeneturtle.jpg

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I don't know what to think - everybody knows that there are no "bars" in Virginia. :p

Let us know what you hear back from them.

TFred

Ed, I think that's the best postcard that you've written to date. It expresses your personal frustration with a rule that is absolutely ineffective and downright dangerous to law-abiding citizens, without crossing the line of attacking them, and also clearly indicates the foolish business decision it is on their part.

Keep that one for future reference!

TFred

Walt_Kowalski

wow.. I've ate and carried there before.. I've looked for signs since it is a MD based company I expected them to be there.... they must be new.

I'll write and call them.

Cynic

Loudoun County, US 10, VA Sen. 33,Del 32, Virginia
Green Turtle CAN BE A BAR

I don't know what to think - everybody knows that there are no "bars" in Virginia. :p

Let us know what you hear back from them.

The UNO by the mall in Sterling is being turned into a Turtle. I saw the work, so I walked up to see the permits. Unlike UNO, the don't plan to have a full bar, but just beer and wine.

Several years ago, the Virginia Restaurant Association got the GA to remove beer and wine from the food equation, AND if you don't serve spirits, there is no ratio to meet.

There was a bar in Sterling a few years ago, very near me, and it was a serious problem. We had people urinating in the parking lot, and throwing up in the parking lot (Was Parc Center at the time). They were ultimately shuttered, but it took some effort.

MSC 45ACP

Another awesome card, ED!

Great job on the postcard, Ed. I really enjoy reading your correspondence and any {weak} responses you may get. Keep up the good work, Brother!

Mike

TFred

I agree again, and still.

After chewing on this for a few days, the only thing I would change is this:

"Your stores should simply follow the gun laws for the states that they are in."

To something more along these lines:

New paragraph:

"Rather than playing politics with this very controversial and divisive issue, why don't you simply honor the will of the citizens of each state where you have a restaurant, which is clearly expressed through the laws passed by their duly elected representatives?"

Just a thought for future consideration.

TFred