Thread: WAC domestic violence shelter

WAC domestic violence shelter

While looking for something else I found a really dumb WAC (Washington State Administrative code) Of course, 388 is the DSHS WAC, so what should I expect. Oh, BTW: WACs are not Law.

Specifically as to domestic violence shelters: WAC 388 61A, and within these 61A, Requirements for handling firearms in a domestic violence shelter/safe home////600

Yep, All firearms will be locked in a safe, unloaded and ammunition locked in another safe place away from the firearms.... 'tis a WA DSHS requirement....Accessable to those nebulas, unnamed, and unknown: "authorized" persons only....
    Last edited by hermannr; 04-07-2011 at 06:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hermannr View Post
    While looking for something else I found a really dumb WAC (Washington State Administrative code) Of course, 388 is the DSHS WAC, so what should I expect. Oh, BTW: WACs are not Law.

Specifically as to domestic violence shelters: WAC 388 61A, and within these 61A, Requirements for handling firearms in a domestic violence shelter/safe home////600

Yep, All firearms will be locked in a safe, unloaded and ammunition locked in another safe place away from the firearms.... 'tis a WA DSHS requirement....Accessable to those nebulas, unnamed, and unknown: "authorized" persons only....

Of course, perfectly reasonable you know. It's not like an enraged estranged spouse ever invaded a shelter with intent do to harm. And really, who would ever even think of committing a crime in a daycare center? Thats just ridiculous.
    It is very wise to not take a watermelon lightly.

"If you don't want to be shorn, don't be sheep!"

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLT View Post
    NO! NO! NO! You've got it all wrong! It's for the sake of the children! WHAT ABOUT THE CHILDREN?!? God only knows what would happen if we let them see responsible parents carrying guns!
    Oh heavens no! They may come under the assumption that with a healthy respect and knowledge of firearms, owning guns might be ok! We wouldn't want that.