• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

WAC domestic violence shelter

hermannr

While looking for something else I found a really dumb WAC (Washington State Administrative code) Of course, 388 is the DSHS WAC, so what should I expect. Oh, BTW: WACs are not Law.

Specifically as to domestic violence shelters: WAC 388 61A, and within these 61A, Requirements for handling firearms in a domestic violence shelter/safe home////600

Yep, All firearms will be locked in a safe, unloaded and ammunition locked in another safe place away from the firearms.... 'tis a WA DSHS requirement....Accessable to those nebulas, unnamed, and unknown: "authorized" persons only....:eek:

Last edited:

Metalhead47

While looking for something else I found a really dumb WAC (Washington State Administrative code) Of course, 388 is the DSHS WAC, so what should I expect. Oh, BTW: WACs are not Law.

Specifically as to domestic violence shelters: WAC 388 61A, and within these 61A, Requirements for handling firearms in a domestic violence shelter/safe home////600

Yep, All firearms will be locked in a safe, unloaded and ammunition locked in another safe place away from the firearms.... 'tis a WA DSHS requirement....Accessable to those nebulas, unnamed, and unknown: "authorized" persons only....:eek:

Of course, perfectly reasonable you know. It's not like an enraged estranged spouse ever invaded a shelter with intent do to harm. And really, who would ever even think of committing a crime in a daycare center? Thats just ridiculous. :rolleyes:

YoungSoldier

NO! NO! NO! You've got it all wrong! It's for the sake of the children! WHAT ABOUT THE CHILDREN?!? God only knows what would happen if we let them see responsible parents carrying guns!

Oh heavens no! They may come under the assumption that with a healthy respect and knowledge of firearms, owning guns might be ok! We wouldn't want that.