• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Taurus PT738

Aknazer

I just picked up one of these guns for my wife to CC (can't OC in OK) and I was wondering if anyone had experience with them. I haven't had a chance to take it to the range yet, but from what I've found on the web they get dirty pretty easily and some of them seem to have FTF/FTE issues (generally due to getting dirty so quickly). I did notice that the takedown pin was a bit of a pain to get out (hear it gets easier after several takedowns/rebuilds) and noticed that it was kinda dirty from the factory.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
I have had one for a while now. I have had no issues at the range using several different types of ammunition. I wouldn't recommend it for primary care due to the fact thet it's ammo capacity is low and it is designed for extremely close encounters. I sometimes carry it as a BUG.

Aknazer

Personally I would carry it as a BUG, but as I said it's for my wife. And the issue with her is that women's clothes are generally so tight that trying to conceal anything larger is going to be a real PITA unless she steals my clothes (which she has been doing lately since she had twins last week). And here in Oklahoma we're still fighting for OC so CC is the only option for us and I really don't want her putting the gun in her purse as she has a habit of leaving her purse around.

So we're kinda in a tight spot in terms of her carrying a gun.