• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Video: Charl van Wyk, author of "Shooting Back: The Right and Duty of Self-Defence"

IanB

Video: Charl van Wyk, author of "Shooting Back: The Right and Duty of Self-Defence"

Presented here: VCDL meeting video of Mr. van Wyk, who used a .38 revolver to repel terrorists attacking his church with full auto AK-47's. Two key things to take away from this video: the terrorists thought the church was a gun free zone (and disengaged after meeting armed resistance from Charl) and Mr. van Wyk was able to save lives while being greatly outnumbered and outgunned.

[video=youtube;4ga-dwP8gME]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ga-dwP8gME[/video]

Last edited:

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
I read Charl's book a few years ago and appreciate the affirmation that we in the US aren't the only ones who understand the purpose of the gun in protecting innocent people from tyrants and criminals. (Not that I ever imagined folks from the US were the only ones, but it was nice to see a book published with a story from another nation.)

2a4all

So who needs a gun in church? Or in a school?

By his actions, Mr van Wyk makes the case for an armed citizen in the crowd being able to step up and defend against a rogue shooter. Too bad he wasn't at VT.

Then again, I suppose the anti's would counter with something like "Well, Cho only had semiauto pistols.":banghead:

Last edited: