Thread: NM Recognition of AZ permits in jeopardy!

NM Recognition of AZ permits in jeopardy!

Short story: NM DPS is concerned about people using TX and AZ permits instead of NM permits. They pushed for legislative changes and didn't get it so now they're doing something that could endanger reciprocity with other states.

Basically they're using a novel interpretation of NM law to say all out-of-state permits are invalid and then saying they only intend to enforce it against NM residents. But, in theory, they could enforce this new interpretation against anybody they wanted to. That's just too much power for anybody to have.

I'm trying to get them to go about this the right way instead of doing something we could all regret later.

(and for the record, I am not advertising any AZ or TX courses for NM residents)

------------------

[letter withdrawn for now for tactical reasons]
    Last edited by PracticalTactical; 04-08-2011 at 01:23 AM.

Link?

Quote Originally Posted by PracticalTactical View Post
    Short story: NM DPS is concerned about people using TX and AZ permits instead of NM permits. They pushed for legislative changes and didn't get it so now they're doing something that could endanger reciprocity with other states.

Basically they're using a novel interpretation of NM law to say all out-of-state permits are invalid and then saying they only intend to enforce it against NM residents. But, in theory, they could enforce this new interpretation against anybody they wanted to. That's just too much power for anybody to have.

I'm trying to get them to go about this the right way instead of doing something we could all regret later.

(and for the record, I am not advertising any AZ or TX courses for NM residents)

------------------

[letter withdrawn for now for tactical reasons]
    Real simple solution... Open Carry.