Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: It is on the agenda

It is on the agenda

04/07/11 S On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 04/12/11, 1:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
    Now let get it passed
    Everybody Needs to thank her big time.
    Last edited by Rick H; 04-07-2011 at 11:28 PM.
    God Bless America.

will do!

That's great to hear! Hopefully this passes. I'll be moving to FL and attending college soon, but I won't be 21 until Sept of 2012. Hopefully campus carry and open carry will pass by then!

What happens now with the two bill? do they both get seen at the same time and place or what? or are they joined as one? here is where I get lost. LOL
    Last edited by Rick H; 04-08-2011 at 01:09 AM.
    God Bless America.

Thank her for what? Waiting weeks to do her job? Ill thank her when I see it go to Rules and her YES vote on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by pmcd95 View Post
    Thank her for what? Waiting weeks to do her job? Ill thank her when I see it go to Rules and her YES vote on the floor.
    Because she could have said screw you all and let it sit and end at that point. also because we need her vote.
    God Bless America.

Rick's right. Though we shouldn't have to grovel for our rights, it only helps our cause and raise our respect and acceptance level if we are as polite and thankful as possible every step of the way, to let them know their efforts and 'political capitol' spent on our cause are appreciated. Unfortunately they're under little or no obligation to do anything for us, so how many of them will do so if even the only people who care about the legislation show contempt or disrespect?

*sent*
    Last edited by ~*'Phoenix'*~; 04-08-2011 at 07:46 AM. Reason: e-mail sent

Quote Originally Posted by Rick H View Post
    What happens now with the two bill? do they both get seen at the same time and place or what? or are they joined as one? here is where I get lost. LOL
    As long as they remain identical and pass all committees and house votes, 'they' are the same thing and 'become' one and land on the governor's desk to be signed. Effectually, 'they' are not 'they.' 'They' are actually one bill, just passing through two houses at the same time. 'They' only become two different bills if one is amended to be significantly different from the other.

If they differ significantly, then a sort-of double-pass has to happen. The exact manner depends on how different they are. This procedure can be used to defeat a bill by requiring it to be reviewed without sufficient time to do so remaining in session.
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

https://gunthreadadapters.com

"Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

NRA issues alert

In the subject line put:

SUPPORT SB-234 -- RESTORE Rights to CW License Holders

I guess the thought is to have their inboxes flooded Monday morning.

Here is mine:

Dear Senators,

Please vote yes on SB 234. Currently, people with concealed weapons permits cannot openly carry and they can even be arrested for accidental exposure of their weapons. 32 states recognize the right to openly carry a handgun without a permit if you are an adult who may lawfully own the weapon. SB 234 is much more modest; it will only allow Concealed Weapon or Firearm Licensees to carry openly. Licensed open carry is the law in 12 states, Georgia included. Our other border state, Alabama, is one of the 32 states that allows open carry without a permit. Please allow Floridians into the mainstream with this legislation.

During the hearing, there will probably be high ranking law enforcement officers telling you the sky will fall if this legislation is enacted. Unfortunately, these figures have lost credibility because they are always against the 2nd amendment rights of law abiding citizens. First of all, real criminals hide their guns. Secondly, open carry is not a problem in the rest of the country.

Sincerely,
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

is there usually a webcast of this? i've never watched a bill in action this closely before. i'd love to see/hear this as it happens from my desk at work if possible

Quote Originally Posted by Maharaja View Post
    is there usually a webcast of this? i've never watched a bill in action this closely before. i'd love to see/hear this as it happens from my desk at work if possible
    Yes. It will be on the senate website or if not I think it's called 'my florida 7' or something like that. They stream all the committee meetings.

I'll warn you, it's very infuriating watching the "law enforcement" officers tell the committee how horrible more freedom is.
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

Quote Originally Posted by 77zach View Post
    I'll warn you, it's very infuriating watching the "law enforcement" officers tell the committee how horrible more freedom is.
    oh trust me, i know...i work with them and it's amazing what i hear. It seems like they all sip the same kool-aid!! However, I have noticed that the seasoned LEOs that has done/seen it all, really support CWLs and wish more people would wake up and get theirs.

Will the floor be open for 'regular Joes' to sign up to address the committee?

Quote Originally Posted by Phssthpok View Post
    Will the floor be open for 'regular Joes' to sign up to address the committee?
    Yes. See Brian Pitts in the other committee hearing in the House. He's a clown.

Marion Hammer will no doubt be there and she actually did a really good job in the House Judiciary. Dorworth and Baxley also were excellent.

In criminal justice, Evers fumbled badly. I wish another Senator would intro it.

/me has anxiousness.

Is Tuesday taking too long to get here, or is it just me? :-p
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."

"Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by 77zach View Post
    In criminal justice, Evers fumbled badly. I wish another Senator would intro it.
    He seems very angsty to me. I think he'll get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by ixtow View Post
    He seems very angsty to me. I think he'll get over it.
    They have been giving him a really hard time and unreasonable delays, I have to think he's got a reason to be angsty. Not to mention castrating campus carry out of it...

Campaign Veteran
    /me has anxiousness.

Not just you, feels like a month since the announcement and a year to go before Tuesday...

Keep trying not to think about it....futile.

/me has anxiousness.

Not much longer now.

I predict in about 3-4 weeks you'll be able to strap the AK pistol and walk about freely, CCing a voice recorder, naturally.

Is it just me, or is anyone else gonna try a small, discrete OC pistol on day one?
    But hey, whatever's legal, go for it. I'm pretty sure I'll be geting checked OCing around here (schools, colleges, and crime all over the place {what a coincidence, high crime near 'no guns allowed' areas}); with my inexperience in encountering law enforcement, I'm not ready for anyone giving me a harder time than necessary until we get a little normalization.
    Last edited by ~*'Phoenix'*~; 04-10-2011 at 04:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ~*'Phoenix'*~ View Post
    Is it just me, or is anyone else gonna try a small, discrete OC pistol on day one?
    But hey, whatever's legal, go for it. I'm pretty sure I'll be geting checked OCing around here (schools, colleges, and crime all over the place {what a coincidence, high crime near 'no guns allowed' areas}); with my inexperience in encountering law enforcement, I'm not ready for anyone giving me a harder time than necessary until we get a little normalization.
    If it passes, I'll carry my XD 9 full size. Law enforcement I don't think will be much of a problem. The problems that do occur will probably tend to be with large city police departments. A worst case scenario is what just happened in Philly. If you're not comfortable going up against them verbally, you just have to do nothing but stand there and occasionally ask if you're free to go.

any predictions on the outcome of this committee? and if it passes, is there even enough time to get it in front of the rules committee?

Quote Originally Posted by 20SomethingSnowbird View Post
    any predictions on the outcome of this committee? and if it passes, is there even enough time to get it in front of the rules committee?
    The senate is considerably more anti-freedom than the House, but it is expected to pass both remaining committees in time.

OC is 0-3 this year. Arkansas, Ok, and SC. Neoconus Amerikonus prevailed in all three states. Maybe luck will change with Fl. The Texas forum is optimistic, but with all those neocons I don't see red state fascism giving them even licensed OC.

so with optimism that it passes the remaining committees, whats the outlook on the house and senate floors?

I am a permit holder in CT but in my 3 years back and forth never had the desire to get my Florida CCW since it is impossible to carry anything worth using in the summertime here. With the positive outlook on this bill, I took that joke of a CCW class this past weekend and made my appointment for next Monday morning at the regional licensing office. Hope I'm not wasting the 50 bucks+117 for the CCW to find out I'm still stuck putting a keltec in my pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by 20SomethingSnowbird View Post
    so with optimism that it passes the remaining committees, whats the outlook on the house and senate floors?

I am a permit holder in CT but in my 3 years back and forth never had the desire to get my Florida CCW since it is impossible to carry anything worth using in the summertime here. With the positive outlook on this bill, I took that joke of a CCW class this past weekend and made my appointment for next Monday morning at the regional licensing office. Hope I'm not wasting the 50 bucks+117 for the CCW to find out I'm still stuck putting a keltec in my pocket.
    It will pass on the floor of both senate and house, if it gets there in the senate. I never had a problem carrying a full size gun in the waist band at 1 o' clock. But if it passes I plan on OCing just the same. It is more of a deterrent, it's more comfortable, and it is an easy way to do something for the freedom movement in general.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast