• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

It is on the agenda

Rick H

04/07/11 S On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 04/12/11, 1:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
Now let get it passed
Everybody Needs to thank her big time.

Last edited:

KeepShootin

That's great to hear! Hopefully this passes. I'll be moving to FL and attending college soon, but I won't be 21 until Sept of 2012. Hopefully campus carry and open carry will pass by then!

Rick H

What happens now with the two bill? do they both get seen at the same time and place or what? or are they joined as one? here is where I get lost. LOL

Last edited:

pmcd95

Thank her for what? Waiting weeks to do her job? Ill thank her when I see it go to Rules and her YES vote on the floor.

Rick H

Thank her for what? Waiting weeks to do her job? Ill thank her when I see it go to Rules and her YES vote on the floor.

Because she could have said screw you all and let it sit and end at that point. also because we need her vote.

~*'Phoenix'*~

Rick's right. Though we shouldn't have to grovel for our rights, it only helps our cause and raise our respect and acceptance level if we are as polite and thankful as possible every step of the way, to let them know their efforts and 'political capitol' spent on our cause are appreciated. Unfortunately they're under little or no obligation to do anything for us, so how many of them will do so if even the only people who care about the legislation show contempt or disrespect?

*sent*

Last edited:

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
What happens now with the two bill? do they both get seen at the same time and place or what? or are they joined as one? here is where I get lost. LOL

As long as they remain identical and pass all committees and house votes, 'they' are the same thing and 'become' one and land on the governor's desk to be signed. Effectually, 'they' are not 'they.' 'They' are actually one bill, just passing through two houses at the same time. 'They' only become two different bills if one is amended to be significantly different from the other.

If they differ significantly, then a sort-of double-pass has to happen. The exact manner depends on how different they are. This procedure can be used to defeat a bill by requiring it to be reviewed without sufficient time to do so remaining in session.

77zach

NRA issues alert

In the subject line put:

SUPPORT SB-234 -- RESTORE Rights to CW License Holders

I guess the thought is to have their inboxes flooded Monday morning.

Here is mine:

Dear Senators,

Please vote yes on SB 234. Currently, people with concealed weapons permits cannot openly carry and they can even be arrested for accidental exposure of their weapons. 32 states recognize the right to openly carry a handgun without a permit if you are an adult who may lawfully own the weapon. SB 234 is much more modest; it will only allow Concealed Weapon or Firearm Licensees to carry openly. Licensed open carry is the law in 12 states, Georgia included. Our other border state, Alabama, is one of the 32 states that allows open carry without a permit. Please allow Floridians into the mainstream with this legislation.

During the hearing, there will probably be high ranking law enforcement officers telling you the sky will fall if this legislation is enacted. Unfortunately, these figures have lost credibility because they are always against the 2nd amendment rights of law abiding citizens. First of all, real criminals hide their guns. Secondly, open carry is not a problem in the rest of the country.

Sincerely,

Maharaja

is there usually a webcast of this? i've never watched a bill in action this closely before. i'd love to see/hear this as it happens from my desk at work if possible

77zach

is there usually a webcast of this? i've never watched a bill in action this closely before. i'd love to see/hear this as it happens from my desk at work if possible

Yes. It will be on the senate website or if not I think it's called 'my florida 7' or something like that. They stream all the committee meetings.

I'll warn you, it's very infuriating watching the "law enforcement" officers tell the committee how horrible more freedom is.

Maharaja

I'll warn you, it's very infuriating watching the "law enforcement" officers tell the committee how horrible more freedom is.

oh trust me, i know...i work with them and it's amazing what i hear. It seems like they all sip the same kool-aid!! However, I have noticed that the seasoned LEOs that has done/seen it all, really support CWLs and wish more people would wake up and get theirs.

77zach

Will the floor be open for 'regular Joes' to sign up to address the committee?

Yes. See Brian Pitts in the other committee hearing in the House. He's a clown.

Marion Hammer will no doubt be there and she actually did a really good job in the House Judiciary. Dorworth and Baxley also were excellent.

In criminal justice, Evers fumbled badly. I wish another Senator would intro it.

~*'Phoenix'*~

Code:
He seems very angsty to me. I think he'll get over it.
They have been giving him a really hard time and unreasonable delays, I have to think he's got a reason to be angsty. Not to mention castrating campus carry out of it...

~*'Phoenix'*~

Is it just me, or is anyone else gonna try a small, discrete OC pistol on day one?
But hey, whatever's legal, go for it. I'm pretty sure I'll be geting checked OCing around here (schools, colleges, and crime all over the place {what a coincidence, high crime near 'no guns allowed' areas}); with my inexperience in encountering law enforcement, I'm not ready for anyone giving me a harder time than necessary until we get a little normalization.

Last edited: