Thread: Saturday Breakfast - (4-9-2011)

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar

Saturday Breakfast - (4-9-2011)

Nothing has been posted yet but I have to get the tobacco rows made today- Monday. I have a real small window to get the plants in when it warms enough and the ground has to be ready. Have to plant clover too.

So...I'll miss this weekend.

I talked to
    speed41ae last night at re-certification and he has some kind of HAM shindig to go to, so he'll be missing also.

Have fun and I'll see you Tuesday.

Yep, it's gonna be a busy weekend around here...,

Sweetie Pie Baby Girl will be singing in the All County Chorus this Saturday morning (just a very proud Papa talkin')and it looks like I'll be missing this one too, dang it, but like Peter said, have fun and I'll see you Tuesday! Many thanks for condolences on my cousin's passing last week. He is a wonderful person all around, and my very favorite poet. The computer was down for a few days after that and I wasn't able to get out to say thanks,and your thoughts are very much appreciated.

At the reception after his funeral, some of my other cousins were asking me about taking them to the range, and one wants to check out VCDL, and is considering joining Rivanna Rifle & Pistol Club where I'm also a member. Maybe they'll be joining us for a breakfast or dinner sometime soon.

sidestreet

we are not equal, we will never be equal, but we must be relentless.

Breakfast was quiet today, what with almost nobody to talk with. We met a unicorn and his two lovely ladies. I explained to our waitress why Grapeshot needed "all those clips" - it is to balance out the 1911 on the other side so he does not tip over.

We also encountered a couple (non-carrying) whom we had met & talked with at RCD a few times. They asked where everybody else was, and agreed that doing chores and such was a misplaced priority over eating breakfast.

No real eye-popping, but one worried mother kept her son from going out into the parking lot while we were standing there. She finally decided that there might be a chance to run to the safety of their car, and would have made it if her husband had remembered to bring the leftover pancakes with him. As it was, he was called back by the waitress while mother and child huddled next to their car.

As usual, many of the issues of the day were discussed. The world's leaders again refusing to accept our sage advice and suggestions, things will muddle on until next time.

stay safe.

Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    Breakfast was quiet today, what with almost nobody to talk with. We met a unicorn and his two lovely ladies. I explained to our waitress why Grapeshot needed "all those clips" - it is to balance out the 1911 on the other side so he does not tip over.

We also encountered a couple (non-carrying) whom we had met & talked with at RCD a few times. They asked where everybody else was, and agreed that doing chores and such was a misplaced priority over eating breakfast.

No real eye-popping, but one worried mother kept her son from going out into the parking lot while we were standing there. She finally decided that there might be a chance to run to the safety of their car, and would have made it if her husband had remembered to bring the leftover pancakes with him. As it was, he was called back by the waitress while mother and child huddled next to their car.

As usual, many of the issues of the day were discussed. The world's leaders again refusing to accept our sage advice and suggestions, things will muddle on until next time.

stay safe.
    I might as well have gone. I got one small field (2acres) plowed and one tilled and ready to plant before the storm hit. I think you missed it here but it was close to biblical proportions at the farm. I spent 2 hours in pouring rain and lightening trying to get things in the barn and pulling Zeus out from under the house (he doesn't like thunder).

To wet to do anything now and it's still misting.

Breakfast was quiet today, what with almost nobody to talk with. stay safe.
    Maybe because no thread was started about where y'all wanted to meet? BTW, Courtney says hi!

Haven't been sleeping well lately, last night included, so I didn't make it (obviously).
    Last edited by Curtis; 04-09-2011 at 09:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by riverrat10k View Post
    Maybe because no thread was started about where y'all wanted to meet? BTW, Courtney says hi!
    How can you say no thread was started? It's right here http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...fast-(4-9-2011) in streaming electrons for everyone to see. Pay attention, OK?

Had you chimed in on time we might have changed where we broke the fast (took over 3 hours to do it, though), and maybe even allowed you to help fix it afterwards. But no, you kept quiet there at your Friday night poker game that you claim to the better half is where you win money instead of losing. And if we had changed the venue we would never have met the unicorn, explained the balancing of clips and 1911s to our waitress, or provided an after-breakfast exercise program for mother & son.

stay safe.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    It was really a late call, as I didn't think I was going to be able to break away, but I managed to finagle a day pass at the last minute.

I'll have take Skid's word on the conversation with the waitress - I did see her lips moving though.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Cool Clips?

What kind of clips were on his belt?

Hair clips?

"Broomhandle" Mauser clips?

5.56mm ammo clips?

M-1 Garand clips?

Potato chip bag clips?

{looking over the exploded-view of a 1911 and can't find any "clips" in the IPB either...}
    I do remember "clips" in some machine guns I've worked on. They're usually involved with lock-nuts and other parts that need a clip to keep a nut in place.
    "If I know that I am headed for a fight, I want something larger with more power, preferably crew-served.
    However, like most of us, as I go through my daily life, I carry something a bit more compact, with a lot less power."
    (unknown 'gun~writer')

Remington 1911 R1 (Back to Basics)
    SERPA retention or concealed...

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
    (Borrowed from "The Perfect Day" by LTC Dave Grossman)

Quote Originally Posted by MSC 45ACP View Post
    What kind of clips were on his belt?

Hair clips?

"Broomhandle" Mauser clips?

5.56mm ammo clips?

M-1 Garand clips?

Potato chip bag clips?

{looking over the exploded-view of a 1911 and can't find any "clips" in the IPB either...}
    I do remember "clips" in some machine guns I've worked on. They're usually involved with lock-nuts and other parts that need a clip to keep a nut in place.
    I saw that but knew what it was:

Hey! She called them clips. I don't write the dialogue, I only report what was said. Do you wnt me to ruin the reader's eyes by enclosing everything in quotation marks?

And as for any kittens that might have died? I say it was a good thing.

stay safe.

stay safe.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	death to the infidel.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	5.6 KB 
ID:	5654
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Hey! She called them clips. I don't write the dialogue, I only report what was said. Do you wnt me to ruin the reader's eyes by enclosing everything in quotation marks?

stay safe.
    +1 of course.
    I wouldn't want to alienate the ignorant public by insulting them. It is far better to be a Good OC Ambassador and correct them tactfully when possible.

My old breakfast buddies Skid and Grape know I like to push their buttons as they do mine. I'm sure they were just waiting to BAIT me with this one. They know what kind of lure they needed to "hook me" and it was done masterfully.

Is there anyone else on OCDO who gets as annoyed with incorrect nomenclature and grammar as I do?

I know its a problem, but meds and range therapy seem to help. ;-)
    If anyone would like to contribute to "happy time" at the range, .38 or .45ACP flavors are appreciated...
    :-D
    "If I know that I am headed for a fight, I want something larger with more power, preferably crew-served.
    However, like most of us, as I go through my daily life, I carry something a bit more compact, with a lot less power."
    (unknown 'gun~writer')

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by MSC 45ACP View Post
    Is there anyone else on OCDO who gets as annoyed with incorrect nomenclature and grammar as I do?

I know its a problem
    Yes.

Originally Posted by MSC 45ACP
    I know its a problem

Quote Originally Posted by Curtis View Post
    Yes.

Yes, It is.

Lolololol

lol

CRUCIFIED over one lousy typo!
    Whiskey-Tango-Foxtrot, Over???
    (unknown 'gun~writer')

I just thought it was ironic because you said you get annoyed with poor grammar.

No harm meant!

Here you can borrow one of mine..'

It just happens I had an extra one hanging around.

"To keep a nut in place.", did you say?

In that (my) case, sometimes there just aren't enough "clips" in the world, and that's all I have to say about that. Apologies to Forrest Gump.

sidestreet

we are not equal, we will never be equal, but we must be relentless.