Thread: Deep Conceal Holsters

Deep Conceal Holsters

Has anyone tried the 3 Speed Holster? I was wondering how it may differ from the smart carry. I am a big guy and I am not sure if the Cross Breed or similar holsters would be comfortable on my side as I will be carrying the Glock 36 as my ccw. I also live in South Mississippi where it is hot and humid so I am also taking this into effect as well.

Accomplished Advocate
    It looks decent to me. Although, if I was you I would purchase a crossbreed and if it doesn't work, simply send it back! You have something like 30 days to try it out? Correct me if I'm wrong on this though.

I'm a skinny fella (5'11", 138#) and my double-stack subcompact XD works fine in a SuperTuck. It's definitely comfortable. I imagine that having some more bulk would make concealment more comfortable. If you're worried about sweating into the holster, get the horsehide (more impervious to sweat) and maybe wear a lightweight T-shirt under your other shirt, tucked behind the holster.

Concealed Holster

I use a pager pal for both the Makarov and The Taurus Mill Pro PT145. Even with shorts on it is concealed and you don't have to worry about shirts as you can go bare chested. I stand 5'6" and go 180 pounds. It can take practice to retrieve from deep cover but with practice it is readly accessable and easy to draw.

Deep conceal holsters, are you talking about the one's under the arm pits? AIR MARHSAL model line? Don't order from deep conceal holsters.... Go to the guy who invented it at kangaroocarry.com, those other guys are rip offs. I just orderd myself the AM(air marshal model) from them after trying a friends Kangaroo holster. Amazing, it fits revolvers, Glock's and other guns. Fits right under my arm.

+1paper pal holster/hide-it-holster, different companies make them. Very good, watch tv, sit down, very nice.
    Last edited by ocholsteroc; 04-11-2011 at 02:34 PM.
    How come a DUI you can get your driver licence back, which it is a privilege. But if commiting a felon, even something non violent like stealing, you are denied your constitutional rights for the rest of your life?
    If you don't support the Second Amendment to the Constitution, what other parts of the Constitution do you reject?
    More restrictions on guns? how about restrictions on chainsaws and knives?

Quote Originally Posted by jglocke View Post
    Has anyone tried the 3 Speed Holster? I was wondering how it may differ from the smart carry. I am a big guy and I am not sure if the Cross Breed or similar holsters would be comfortable on my side as I will be carrying the Glock 36 as my ccw. I also live in South Mississippi where it is hot and humid so I am also taking this into effect as well.
    I'm sure you made a decision by now but SmartCarry's work great for us bigger guys. I'm 5'-10" 240lbs and have no probs with it very comfortable. I do have a CBST and 2 Kholsters (different guns) which are very comfortable, but for summer and work, It's the SmartCarry all the way. BTW: My EDC is a G26 so I know what you trying to hide and it disappears completely.

Cross Breed Supertuck

I'm 6' and 350 lbs and I use the supertuck with my colt combat commander 1911 .45 and carry all day long. I'm in Colorado so I agree the horse hide would be better down there with all the heat and moisture in the air. I also use a Blackhawk IWB holster that I modified with a clip from another IWB holster so that it raises the tail end up and moves the grip of the pistol almost straight up and down (not quite)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Back of Holster.jpg 
Views:	315 
Size:	95.5 KB 
ID:	5879   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Holster IWB Carry 1.jpg 
Views:	531 
Size:	83.2 KB 
ID:	5880   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Holster and Gun1.jpg 
Views:	327 
Size:	95.2 KB 
ID:	5881  

Quote Originally Posted by jglocke View Post
    Did you ever wind up buying the 3 speed? I looked into it and i'm impressed. Would be nice to get a review from someone other than the guy who invented it.

Quote Originally Posted by snatale42 View Post
    Did you ever wind up buying the 3 speed? I looked into it and i'm impressed. Would be nice to get a review from someone other than the guy who invented it.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by snatale42 View Post
    Same here. Any news on this holster?
    Why do I have a bar in my home? Because it's cheaper to stock a bar than to get a DUI.

3 speed holster

Bought a 3 speed holster being my first holster. I love it. I am a big guy that visits the gym alot so I am wearing sweats all the time. even though ccw isn't legal in illinois (yet!) I do carry while at home and full time on weekends. Its quite a simple but elegant rig. takes a little time for break in but when you have the holster broke in, it's soft and conforms to your body with great retention. When you draw the holster doesn't collapse so it's easy to reholster. I've owned it for 3 months now wearing every chance I get. When people come to my house they have no idea that I am carrying. Hope this helps.

Took the recommendations and ordered me one. Looks like one that will serve my purposes. I've only a 30-inch waist on a good day, but don't think it should be a problem. The extended mag maybe, but we'll see. I may even be able to tuck in a shirt with this one!

I looked at their video, I'll pass. Not fond of crotch carry.

If you are concerned about sweat absorbing into the holster with leather, you can hot wax treat the leather. It will have to be formed to your shape while still pliable though. Just wear a garment between holster and skin and wait until it cools enough it can be touched without burning but still pliable. The leather will be just like kydex, but shaped to fit you. The other option is to ask the holster maker to use a heavy layer of drum dyed leather. Oils are added during the drum dying process completely through the leather, limiting it's moisture absorption. It remains pliable for a long long time, even if wet molded it does not harden like veg tanned leather.
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump