• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Deep Conceal Holsters

jglocke

Has anyone tried the 3 Speed Holster? I was wondering how it may differ from the smart carry. I am a big guy and I am not sure if the Cross Breed or similar holsters would be comfortable on my side as I will be carrying the Glock 36 as my ccw. I also live in South Mississippi where it is hot and humid so I am also taking this into effect as well.

shanebelanger

Accomplished Advocate
It looks decent to me. Although, if I was you I would purchase a crossbreed and if it doesn't work, simply send it back! You have something like 30 days to try it out? Correct me if I'm wrong on this though.

4angrybadgers

I'm a skinny fella (5'11", 138#) and my double-stack subcompact XD works fine in a SuperTuck. It's definitely comfortable. I imagine that having some more bulk would make concealment more comfortable. If you're worried about sweating into the holster, get the horsehide (more impervious to sweat) and maybe wear a lightweight T-shirt under your other shirt, tucked behind the holster.

gprod55

Concealed Holster

I use a pager pal for both the Makarov and The Taurus Mill Pro PT145. Even with shorts on it is concealed and you don't have to worry about shirts as you can go bare chested. I stand 5'6" and go 180 pounds. It can take practice to retrieve from deep cover but with practice it is readly accessable and easy to draw.

ocholsteroc

Deep conceal holsters, are you talking about the one's under the arm pits? AIR MARHSAL model line? Don't order from deep conceal holsters.... Go to the guy who invented it at kangaroocarry.com, those other guys are rip offs. I just orderd myself the AM(air marshal model) from them after trying a friends Kangaroo holster. Amazing, it fits revolvers, Glock's and other guns. Fits right under my arm. :banana:

+1paper pal holster/hide-it-holster, different companies make them. Very good, watch tv, sit down, very nice.

Last edited:

snatale42

Has anyone tried the 3 Speed Holster? I was wondering how it may differ from the smart carry. I am a big guy and I am not sure if the Cross Breed or similar holsters would be comfortable on my side as I will be carrying the Glock 36 as my ccw. I also live in South Mississippi where it is hot and humid so I am also taking this into effect as well.

I'm sure you made a decision by now but SmartCarry's work great for us bigger guys. I'm 5'-10" 240lbs and have no probs with it very comfortable. I do have a CBST and 2 Kholsters (different guns) which are very comfortable, but for summer and work, It's the SmartCarry all the way. BTW: My EDC is a G26 so I know what you trying to hide and it disappears completely.

INSPGAD

Cross Breed Supertuck

I'm 6' and 350 lbs and I use the supertuck with my colt combat commander 1911 .45 and carry all day long. I'm in Colorado so I agree the horse hide would be better down there with all the heat and moisture in the air. I also use a Blackhawk IWB holster that I modified with a clip from another IWB holster so that it raises the tail end up and moves the grip of the pistol almost straight up and down (not quite)

Attachments

• Back of Holster.jpg
    Back of Holster.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 330
  • Holster IWB Carry 1.jpg
    Holster IWB Carry 1.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 545
  • Holster and Gun1.jpg
    Holster and Gun1.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 341

snatale42

Did you ever wind up buying the 3 speed? I looked into it and i'm impressed. Would be nice to get a review from someone other than the guy who invented it.

dgreen_1121

3 speed holster

Bought a 3 speed holster being my first holster. I love it. I am a big guy that visits the gym alot so I am wearing sweats all the time. even though ccw isn't legal in illinois (yet!) I do carry while at home and full time on weekends. Its quite a simple but elegant rig. takes a little time for break in but when you have the holster broke in, it's soft and conforms to your body with great retention. When you draw the holster doesn't collapse so it's easy to reholster. I've owned it for 3 months now wearing every chance I get. When people come to my house they have no idea that I am carrying. Hope this helps.

shaun

Took the recommendations and ordered me one. Looks like one that will serve my purposes. I've only a 30-inch waist on a good day, but don't think it should be a problem. The extended mag maybe, but we'll see. I may even be able to tuck in a shirt with this one!

WalkingWolf

I looked at their video, I'll pass. Not fond of crotch carry.

If you are concerned about sweat absorbing into the holster with leather, you can hot wax treat the leather. It will have to be formed to your shape while still pliable though. Just wear a garment between holster and skin and wait until it cools enough it can be touched without burning but still pliable. The leather will be just like kydex, but shaped to fit you. The other option is to ask the holster maker to use a heavy layer of drum dyed leather. Oils are added during the drum dying process completely through the leather, limiting it's moisture absorption. It remains pliable for a long long time, even if wet molded it does not harden like veg tanned leather.