Thread: Wow, Fox news publishing a not-so-anti article...

Wow, Fox news publishing a not-so-anti article...

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/04/08...-nevada-woman/

Good for Mrs. Collins standing up for this, albeit it "too late" for her!

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Courageous lady

"Collins is believed to be the first victim of an on-campus rape to come out and publicly share her horrific attack in an effort to change the law and keep people safe. Last month, she testified before Nevada lawmakers in support of , a bill that would allow concealed weapons at the state's public universities. It would abolish the requirement that permit holders get permission from the university president -- a request that is routinely denied. (Amanda was finally allowed to carry her weapon -- after she was attacked)."
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/04/08...-nevada-woman/
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 04-08-2011 at 04:12 PM. Reason: fixed
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

A few excerpts:

Across the country, lawmakers are debating whether universities should let students and faculty with permits carry their concealed weapon on campus. Those who want to put an end to such gun-free zones have found an unlikely hero in a petite, soft spoken, young woman who wonders why colleges protect most Constitutional rights, but not the one that matters most when staring into the face of a violent criminal.

[...]

In October of 2007, while walking to her car after a night class, Collins was grabbed from behind in a university parking garage less than 300 yards from a campus police office. The school's "gun-free" designation meant nothing to James Biela, a serial rapist with a gun of his own, who saw Collins as an easy target. "He put a firearm to my temple," she recounted, "clocked off the safety, and told me not to say anything, before he raped me."

TFred

I'm glad i can open carry almost anywhere I go

This idiot State Senator Michel Schneider says. "I Just think it creates an atmosphere that Uhhhhh is an unsafe atmosphere"

I would love to be open carrying next to him and get into a debate
    I love how people who've never touched a gun in there life have all the opinions on it.

Also they seem to be the ones who are timid and scared of guns because they dont understand them.

Just my discernment from looking at the way he presented that.

Quote Originally Posted by CarryHard View Post
    I love how people who've never touched a gun in there life have all the opinions on it.

Also they seem to be the ones who are timid and scared of guns because they dont understand them.
    You nailed it. It's their lack of familiarity which allows their imaginations to run rampant with irrational fear. Those who are or have been around firearms on a regular basis think rationally, not fearfully.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.