• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Joel C. Bradshaw Fairgrounds/Heritage Park preemption?

Lincoln7

Hello, There have been a few events at the Joel C. Bradshaw Fairgrounds (aka Heritage Park) in Isle of Wight county, including the Truck and Tractor Pull on Saturday the 9th, that I wish to attend and OC. Has anyone carried there before? I couldn't find much information on the 'net on whether it is preempted or not, or who it is run by. I realize this park is kind of 'out there' from where alot of you live but it's not too far from me. I tried calling IOW parks and recreation for info but I was apparently too late in the day. Any info would be appreciated.
http://www.co.isle-of-wight.va.us/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=443&Itemid=84

Last edited:

1000ydshooter

Formerly Kwajalein atoll, and Iraq. Now Zuni Va
Yes you can carry there. being as it is owned by the county it is considered public property. I havent been there in over a year last time i was it wasnt posted. But you may get some reaction from our fine outstanding poorly lead local cops. I have carried there several time with nothing more than a few funny looks.

1000ydshooter

Formerly Kwajalein atoll, and Iraq. Now Zuni Va
Oh almost forgot. Ill be home late May. expect an invite to do some shooting at the farm within a few weeks after i get home. Ill try to get several of us from the group together :lol:. Need a day with just the family to get my wife and kids trained back up first.

Last edited: