• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open carry Motorcycle, who does it?

07gtimyfast

Hi, I'm pretty new to the site and have recently started OC instead of CC. I ride my motorcycle alot and my M9 sits perfectly on my hip when I ride. I have gotten a few hard looks but mostly get "thumbs up". Does anyone on here OC on a motorcycle?

On a seperate topic is the "public gatherings" law still in effect in Ga? The reason I ask is I ended up at the Varsity last night on my bike only to discover some HUGE event with atleast 2500 people there. You couldn't tell from the road that it was such a large event but once I pulled up to the officers directing traffic for the event I could see it was very large, I Had a few APD officers give me some VERY hard looks.

Fabricator

I "sort of OC", since I'm one of the "ATTGATT" fellas. (I put 10,500 miles on my '74 CB750 last year FWIW). My .38 snubbie starts the trip only "peeking" out of my jacket, but it never fails, that by the time I kick the engine to life and get situated, the jacket ends up on top of the holster.... I also carry a "Maxpedetion" messenger bag, and it has holster pockets built in. Regarding the "public gathering" statute: it was abolished IIRC with the passage of SB308 last year. I'd link the law, but I'm posting from my mobile and being lazy....

Fabricator

Last edited:

07gtimyfast

Thanks for the response, I used to carry my little 380auto when I rode but because of the size of the firearm it was near impossible to get out of its hiding place with riding gloves on and even worse to get your finger in the trigger gaurd. I like to ride downtown late at night when there is no traffic and your going to get stopped in bad areas at lights etc. I've found that OC on my hip the jacket actually slides nicely behind the holster. With such a large frame pistol and blackhawk serpa holster its retained and easy to draw/cycle trigger with summer riding gloves on. I have seen different posts about the public gatherings part of the law but it's hard to tell what is old info and what is new.

Skip D

I OC quite often on my 2008 GoldWing.... Haven't encountered any probs... I live in St. Marys and have ridden to Savannah, Brunswick, Folkston and many others... no problems..