• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Let Kind Prove He Desires the NRA "A" Rating

springfield 1911

Founder's Club Member
Speaking of the nra.

http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Read.aspx?ID=6575

Wisconsin Right to Carry: The Time Is Now

Friday, April 08, 2011

As recently reported, the NRA is actively working to ensure the effort to finally adopt a meaningful Right to Carry law in the Badger State is successful. NRA-ILA along with WI FORCE, the NRA’s State Association, are actively recruiting legislative supporters and assisting in the final development of the bills.

Leading up to the legislative action, it is essential that NRA members contact their legislators and continue to educate their fellow citizens regarding the importance of Right to Carry and the facts associated with it. To assist in this cause, the NRA will send you timely alerts to provide you with information on our efforts as well as things you can do to help ensure passage of this vital legislation.

Since March 12, 2002, when Senate Democratic leaders ended legislative session two days early in a ploy to deny Wisconsin citizens a Senate floor vote on the Personal Protection Act, the FBI reports that there have been 125,000 violent crimes committed in the state. This is a number that represents a population larger than that of Green Bay. The FBI defines “violent crimes” as murder, rape, robbery and aggravated assault. There were 10,000 forcible rapes alone reported in this time and certainly more that went unreported. Since 2002, the legislature twice passed the Personal Protection Act only to see it vetoed by anti-gun Governor Jim Doyle. These victims were left defenseless because Wisconsin is one of only two states that still denies their citizens the most effective means of self-defense – the ability to carry a concealed firearm.

It is time that Wisconsinites are finally provided the opportunity to defend themselves from violent criminals by giving them the choice to carry a concealed firearm for self-defense. The NRA and our members across the state are dedicated to correcting this miscarriage of justice that has left law-abiding residents of Wisconsin defenseless.

Contact your state Representative and state Senator today and respectfully ask that they support a strong concealed weapons bill that allows you to protect yourself and your family. Contact information can be found by clicking here.

It’s your personal safety and freedom that is at stake!!! Act today!!

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
Is this the same bill that requires you to provide ID upon request?

Hummm, you are a police officer in Florida and you stop someone from Wisconsin who says they are armed. What is the detainee required to provide now? Anyone? I don't know. I have photo ID (drivers license, passport, Utah carry permit) on me whenever I travel out of state. Depending on the circumstances, any of these may be required to be provided to officials. I believe in most states, concealed carry is considered a privilege.

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/billtext.xpd?bill=h112-822

Last edited:

Krusty

I've sent and received email to/from Ron Kind. From my experience just with email, I wouldn't believe him on a bet! He will pick certain words and phrases appropriate for the moment. He has a mighty long way to go to prove to me he's honest and has my well being in mind.

WD57

Hummm, you are a police officer in Florida and you stop someone from Wisconsin who says they are armed. What is the detainee required to provide now? Anyone? I don't know. I have photo ID (drivers license, passport, Utah carry permit) on me whenever I travel out of state. Depending on the circumstances, any of these may be required to be provided to officials. I believe in most states, concealed carry is considered a privilege.

You may be in handcuffs if firearm is not unloaded and properly encased, Florida does not recognize a CCW permit from Utah issued to a WI resident.

Flipper

Campaign Veteran

You may be in handcuffs if firearm is not unloaded and properly encased, Florida does not recognize a CCW permit from Utah issued to a WI resident.

What if I had a permit from a state Florida recognizes? Does Flordia law require "show id" if the detainee said he or she was carrying concealed? The point I am trying to make is that a requirement of showing of ID while armed as required in the proposed federal law is not unusual. Wisconsin may be unsual in that ID cannot be required when carrying (openly) absent other circumstances.

Zeus

I just got my Florida and Utah permit. I was told by the instructor that you present your CCW non resident permit card and show them your one of the good guys. That's it.

Aknazer

And just how would they know which state someone is a resident of? For example, I have a UT driver's license and CWP but yet I live in Oklahoma and until recently was a resident of Alaska. Oh and my UT CWP has my old UT address on it from when I lived there (same as my dl).

Now granted this crazy situation is due to the fact that I'm military, but it doesn't change the fact that they can't really tell where someone is a resident of just from the supplied licenses.