Thread: Capitol Carry in the News

Capitol Carry in the News

http://www.kentucky.com/2011/04/08/1...ught-into.html

I was annoyed but not surprised at the HL writing a news story about a non-event. They're simply trying to scare people with this article. 50 some people carried a gun during the legislative session and not a damn thing happened? What's the big deal? Why is this a story? Perhaps they're next piece is on paint drying or grass growing or something similarly irrelevant and benign.

I WAS encouraged, however, at the comments. Usually the comment section is chock full of illogical, emotional, liberal rantings, but these were actually down to earth and realistic.

Quote Originally Posted by gutshot View Post
    Here's my comment.

Why is this news, now? This has been the practice since Ky. became a state in 1792. It may have been an increase over the last 18 months, but I'd wager there were other times, in the last 200 yrs., when more than 50 people carried a gun into the Capitol. I'd bet there was a time when everyone who entered the Capitol had a gun. Does anyone think that debates on mountaintop removal and immigration are more contentious that what took place during the Civil War? After this story, there will probably be 150 guns guns carried into the Capitol next year in Jan-March.
    We'll, it looks like we have a goal set for next year then. *LOL*

I found this "story" to be rather fear-mongering, to use one of "their" terms against them. *LOL*
    Got SIG? MOLON LABE

I did like the quotations at the end of course;

Doug Grinnell, "I felt honored to be able to carry in the Capitol,", "I thought, man, this is America. This is the way it should be.", "I felt trusted. I felt proud to be a Kentuckian."

Yeah Doug, it sure is and yes I am.
    Last edited by UnfetteredMight; 04-10-2011 at 12:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by UnfetteredMight View Post
    I did like the quotations at the end of course;

Doug Grinnell, "I felt honored to be able to carry in the Capitol,", "I thought, man, this is America. This is the way it should be.", "I felt trusted. I felt proud to be a Kentuckian."

Yeah Doug, it sure is and yes I am.
    All I can say is, AMEN!
    Got SIG? MOLON LABE