• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

James Broadwater, candidate for MS Governor

DCKilla

James Broadwater, is trying to get the Republican nomination for the R next to his name for this year's governor election. I didn't know him until today. So, I can't say much except what's on his website and facebook page. Take a look at what he's got going on. I'm not supporting him at all. I just want you guys to shoot him some questions to see where he stands. I've asked already about unlicensed carry. He seem interested and wanted to know more.

MSRebel54

Broadwater

He has some good ideas on taxes, and eliminating some government agencies in favor of more local control, but I can't support him. For one, it is my opinion he injects too much of his religion into his political aspirations. It's best the two stay apart, other than to answer, Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof. I'd just leave it at that.

Secondly, anyone who says they haven't thought about allowing people to carry firearms "without a license", and wants to know more, well they should be schooled in the difference between a "right" and a "privilege". If I have to ask anyone, pay a fee, get a license, etc. I am being granted a PRIVILEGE by someone who has authority to grant me that privilege. I don't have to ask anyone to exercise a "right", since there is no higher authority to ask besides myself.

If he thinks one should get permission from the government to 'keep and bear arms' then he clearly doesn't know the difference between a right and a privilege. The last time I read it, it didn't say, "...the PRIVILEGE to keep and bear arms...", it said, "...the RIGHT of the people to keep and bear arms..."

And thirdly, anyone who can be so duped by HBO and Sacha Cohen don't seem to me to be up to speed. How could he have been so gullible? I mean even if I didn't watch HBO (which I don't), and didn't know the Borat character, or Cohen, within 30 seconds of tape rolling, I would have known what they were doing and just walked off camera. And then he complains to who? THE GOVERNMENT! (FCC). Please take care of me government, I made a stupid mistake.

I could educate him a little bit, but I can't support him, and none of the others so far.

DCKilla

You have made some good points. He hasn't replied to any of my facebook responses. I think the pictures with him and a rifle is just to draw you in. You know, like "I'm a lifetime member of the NRA, vote for me" attitude.

MSRebel54

Oh I know EXACTLY what you're talking about with the "lifetime member of the NRA" crap. In case you didn't know, but you DO, the NRA is not your friend.

Politicians like this one have only came out of the closet, they have NOT awakened. He will not answer your facebook questions. Why am I NOT surprised? (Let me qualify that by saying I'm not on facebook, never have been, and probably never will be).

Because more than likely, you ask him pointed DIRECT questions, to which he'll have to provide specific answers, if he is to answer them at all. So let me ignore this [blank] and continue to appeal to other people's frustrations. He may even THINK that he's trying to do good, but you asked him questions he didn't answer. That is a sure fire way for me NOT to vote for a politician, if he cannot at least ATTEMPT to answer my questions. I mean sheesh, if you ask me a question, the very least I can say, is that I'm ignorant on the subject, and I cannot respond with a knowledgeable answer. But I will try to educate myself at least to the point that I have an opinion, and get back to you. That's not too much to ask is it?

From what I know about him, I wouldn't vote for him. He's trying to get people to vote for him because he says he wants to eliminate all taxes except the sales tax and even reduce that. Well, that appeals to a lot of people, and it ACTUALLY could be done, with very little detrimental effect if any. In fact he's right it would be better. But I won't make this a book, I'll just say, I don't believe he's the man to do it. Especially since he don't know a right from a privilege.

Daylen

If he won't say what parts of the government he will cut so taxes can be reduced, then he is playing some sort of game, which could go from lying to screwing up MS tax code and drive agriculture out of MS.

JLW

Mississippi Candidate Forum

He has posted several homemade videos on YouTube, explaining his ideas on various political subjects. And, if you want to read comments he has made when questioned, you can join the Facebook Group: Mississippi Candidate Forum, where you can also ask him questions.:cool:

MSRebel54

Well, as I said before, I won't do the facebook thing, but I might check out the youtube thing. But I'm already convinced he's not my man, because he got SO duped by HBO. I need someone smarter than that.