• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

new to OC,,, should I buy 1 or 2???

1245A Defender

OK Im just kidden,,,,
I bought two AK pistols!!! Just cause i needed to talk to customer service!
so they are like brand new manufacture, romarm.
i also bought a sh1tload of 1985 made 7.62x39 brass case pointy tip ammo.
ive always thought the "michigan pistol" law was pretty neat, but
that only works in michigan.
we here in washington dont have that option, but we do have a pistol law,
and these AK pistols are pistols, that fire a rifle caliber, that can be carried in your car, with a CPL, LOADED in your car!
they have a forward sling slot, but not in the rear, so need to do something!
I dont want to keep both of them, but wont violate forum rules for my friends.
you can find my PM addy if you want to talk..

BTW,,,, for on topic, they are 21 1/2 inches long,, if i tuck it up under my armpit,
It does not show from under the hunting type shirt i usually wear to keep off the chill!

021.jpg

Last edited:

therealcombat

That's pretty awesome for vehicle carry. Never really thought of something like that. What does one of those tend to run $$$?

Not sure just how usable something like that would be in a situation where you'd need it. Being as big as it is, would be difficult to bring up fast and to traverse from right to left, etc.

Good option though if you want more firepower in your vehicle.

1245A Defender

well,,,

That's pretty awesome for vehicle carry. Never really thought of something like that. What does one of those tend to run $$$?

Not sure just how usable something like that would be in a situation where you'd need it. Being as big as it is, would be difficult to bring up fast and to traverse from right to left, etc.

Good option though if you want more firepower in your vehicle.

thats the only real point!!!! FIRE POWER!!!!! 30 round mags! rifle power!!

Metalhead47

Niiiiiice I've always wanted a few of those, for just the same reasons. Dracos? Where'd you score 'em? Fired 'em yet? We want answers!

therealcombat:

J&G sales out of AZ usually has them for well under $350 (+ transfer fee of course), pretty much the cheapest AK you can get. Discount guns sells the same thing for around a hundred more.

1911er

OK Im just kidden,,,,
I bought two AK pistols!!! Just cause i needed to talk to customer service!
so they are like brand new manufacture, romarm.
i also bought a sh1tload of 1985 made 7.62x39 brass case pointy tip ammo.
ive always thought the "michigan pistol" law was pretty neat, but
that only works in michigan.
we here in washington dont have that option, but we do have a pistol law,
and these AK pistols are pistols, that fire a rifle caliber, that can be carried in your car, with a CPL, LOADED in your car!
they have a forward sling slot, but not in the rear, so need to do something!
I dont want to keep both of them, but wont violate forum rules for my friends.
you can find my PM addy if you want to talk..

BTW,,,, for on topic, they are 21 1/2 inches long,, if i tuck it up under my armpit,
It does not show from under the hunting type shirt i usually wear to keep off the chill!

021.jpg

nice plinker 1/4 to 1

amlevin

All you want to know (and some you don't) on carrying AK Pistols

I'm sure that Leonard Embody, AKA kwikrnu, will have a lot of answers and suggestions on carrying an AK pistol.

BTW, nice "Foot Hold". Can you shoot them like that too?

As for painting the Furniture, I would too. For some reason AK manufacturers like the look of it being made from a piece of ordinary lumber. At least they avoid the knots.

Metalhead47

They didn't need no steenkin bougoise capeetaleest plastics! Kalashnikov knew the assault rifle for the people's liberation needed only wood and steel, like any proper gun :p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Metalhead47

Precisely. Plastic is for iPhones, not for apocalypse proof communist assault rifles for the masses. ;)

And actually, my iPhone is mostly metal & glass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Metalhead47

just for fun, i mounted my AK-47 rifle accessory cover, with the toys on it!
getting a little bulky for carrying,
i do plan to get a small laser for it, and mount that half inset into
the forgrip..

001-11.jpg

Yeah but have you shot it yet? I'm real curious to hear how controllable it is holding it out in front of you without a stock. 7.62 kicks a wee bit more than the .223 AR pistols I've seen on here.

I'm even more curious to know if you could realistically go full-badass mode & dual-wield both of them akimbo style.... without smacking yourself in the face over & over again. :)

Last edited: