Thread: Collective Punishment

Collective Punishment

I saw this on another forum.

http://olegvolk.net/blog/2011/02/28/...ve-punishment/

I found it an interesting concept.
    I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them.

Politicians should serve two terms, one in office and one in prison.(borrowed from RioKid)

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
    Very good article.. thanks for sharing it.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Nice. Very well worded and thought provocative article.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

But those criminals are not responsible for being criminals - they were driven to their lives of crime by poverty, lack of an education system that can teach Johhny/Jane to read, the failure of somebody to provide $100K+ jobs for folks without basic work skills and no skills, and, of course, the oppression of "The Man" and a society based on the insane thoughts of dead white European men.

Therefore, we must "level the playing field" by giving the criminals the advantage. How giving one side an unfair advantage "leve;s" anything is still a mystery to me, but that's what the talking heads and college professors all say, so it must be true.

stay safe.

Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    But those criminals are not responsible for being criminals - they were driven to their lives of crime by poverty, lack of an education system that can teach Johhny/Jane to read, the failure of somebody to provide $100K+ jobs for folks without basic work skills and no skills, and, of course, the oppression of "The Man" and a society based on the insane thoughts of dead white European men.

Therefore, we must "level the playing field" by giving the criminals the advantage. How giving one side an unfair advantage "leve;s" anything is still a mystery to me, but that's what the talking heads and college professors all say, so it must be true.

stay safe.
    I don't like the liberal/progressive north end of a south bound donkey types either.

Of course there is a VERY GOOD REASON the National Democratic Party's emblem is a DONKEY.
    Last edited by OldCurlyWolf; 04-12-2011 at 12:53 AM.
    I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them.

Politicians should serve two terms, one in office and one in prison.(borrowed from RioKid)

Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States
    Quote Originally Posted by OldCurlyWolf View Post
    I don't like the liberal/progressive north end of a south bound donkey types either.

Of course there is a VERY GOOD REASON the National Democratic Party's emblem is a DONKEY.
    Is that a donkey or a ...??? Nevermind. I think we both know the answer to that.
    "All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"I like people who stand on the Constitution... unless they're using it to wipe their feet." - Jon E Hutcherson

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post

stay safe.
    Now, now. We mustn't chastise, make fun of, or question the socio-economic conditions of those who were not blessed with privilege and select opportunity and, through no fault of their own, have managed to tread a path of constant failure because of the oppression of the ruling class.

[turns sarcasm off]

You're right. I have contended for many years that those who are the dredges of society are there because they took deliberate decisions which put them there. Whether it was knocking up a girl friend at 16 or dropping out of school because they knew better, or getting caught up in drugs, or any other similar event(s) in their lives. They did these things because they wanted to do them. Granted, youth tends not to have the ability to see and/or understand the consequences of their actions as do adults (usually), but they do tend to wind up in a life they created for themselves in the end. Those who have the intestinal fortitude to break out and make something of themselves have my utmost respect. But I have seen so many just go through their lives, complaining of the lot, arguing that they never get a break, and yet they continuing with the same mistakes and lifestyles that result in their own demise. Hard to feel compassion for people like this.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBoy View Post
    Now, now. We mustn't chastise, make fun of, or question the socio-economic conditions of those who were not blessed with privilege and select opportunity and, through no fault of their own, have managed to tread a path of constant failure because of the oppression of the ruling class.

[turns sarcasm off]

You're right. I have contended for many years that those who are the dredges of society are there because they took deliberate decisions which put them there. Whether it was knocking up a girl friend at 16 or dropping out of school because they knew better, or getting caught up in drugs, or any other similar event(s) in their lives. They did these things because they wanted to do them. Granted, youth tends not to have the ability to see and/or understand the consequences of their actions as do adults (usually), but they do tend to wind up in a life they created for themselves in the end. Those who have the intestinal fortitude to break out and make something of themselves have my utmost respect. But I have seen so many just go through their lives, complaining of the lot, arguing that they never get a break, and yet they continuing with the same mistakes and lifestyles that result in their own demise. Hard to feel compassion for people like this.

I believe that you might understand the leading cause of death among those under the age of 30 and more especially under the age of 26.

It IS.............

TERMINAL STUPIDITY!!!!!!!!