• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Collective Punishment

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
But those criminals are not responsible for being criminals - they were driven to their lives of crime by poverty, lack of an education system that can teach Johhny/Jane to read, the failure of somebody to provide $100K+ jobs for folks without basic work skills and no skills, and, of course, the oppression of "The Man" and a society based on the insane thoughts of dead white European men.

Therefore, we must "level the playing field" by giving the criminals the advantage. How giving one side an unfair advantage "leve;s" anything is still a mystery to me, but that's what the talking heads and college professors all say, so it must be true.

stay safe.

OldCurlyWolf

But those criminals are not responsible for being criminals - they were driven to their lives of crime by poverty, lack of an education system that can teach Johhny/Jane to read, the failure of somebody to provide $100K+ jobs for folks without basic work skills and no skills, and, of course, the oppression of "The Man" and a society based on the insane thoughts of dead white European men.

Therefore, we must "level the playing field" by giving the criminals the advantage. How giving one side an unfair advantage "leve;s" anything is still a mystery to me, but that's what the talking heads and college professors all say, so it must be true.

stay safe.

I don't like the liberal/progressive north end of a south bound donkey types either.:cool:

Of course there is a VERY GOOD REASON the National Democratic Party's emblem is a DONKEY.

Last edited:

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA

stay safe.

Now, now. We mustn't chastise, make fun of, or question the socio-economic conditions of those who were not blessed with privilege and select opportunity and, through no fault of their own, have managed to tread a path of constant failure because of the oppression of the ruling class.

[turns sarcasm off]

You're right. I have contended for many years that those who are the dredges of society are there because they took deliberate decisions which put them there. Whether it was knocking up a girl friend at 16 or dropping out of school because they knew better, or getting caught up in drugs, or any other similar event(s) in their lives. They did these things because they wanted to do them. Granted, youth tends not to have the ability to see and/or understand the consequences of their actions as do adults (usually), but they do tend to wind up in a life they created for themselves in the end. Those who have the intestinal fortitude to break out and make something of themselves have my utmost respect. But I have seen so many just go through their lives, complaining of the lot, arguing that they never get a break, and yet they continuing with the same mistakes and lifestyles that result in their own demise. Hard to feel compassion for people like this.

OldCurlyWolf

Now, now. We mustn't chastise, make fun of, or question the socio-economic conditions of those who were not blessed with privilege and select opportunity and, through no fault of their own, have managed to tread a path of constant failure because of the oppression of the ruling class.

[turns sarcasm off]

You're right. I have contended for many years that those who are the dredges of society are there because they took deliberate decisions which put them there. Whether it was knocking up a girl friend at 16 or dropping out of school because they knew better, or getting caught up in drugs, or any other similar event(s) in their lives. They did these things because they wanted to do them. Granted, youth tends not to have the ability to see and/or understand the consequences of their actions as do adults (usually), but they do tend to wind up in a life they created for themselves in the end. Those who have the intestinal fortitude to break out and make something of themselves have my utmost respect. But I have seen so many just go through their lives, complaining of the lot, arguing that they never get a break, and yet they continuing with the same mistakes and lifestyles that result in their own demise. Hard to feel compassion for people like this.

I believe that you might understand the leading cause of death among those under the age of 30 and more especially under the age of 26.

It IS.............

TERMINAL STUPIDITY!!!!!!!!

:mad: