• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Porcupine 411

.45ACPaddy

Should we look into this?

http://porcupine411.com/

Porcupine 411 is basically an audio recording and distribution service. Call in with your phone and it starts recording at a remote location, then it emails a copy to everyone on the email list. They set up a site and phone number for us and everything, and you'd subscribe to the email list via the website they'd set up.

They have a special right now, $15 a month forever instead of $20.

Anyone wanna pitch in and get this?

YoungSoldier

I am all for the support of your 2nd amendment rights, and as a former Oregon resident I am no stranger to open carry as I have done so many times myself however every video I have seen on the Porcupine 411 has shown a rather blatent disrespect towards our sworn peace officers which I DO NOT support. I personally feel that would just bring more negative attention to open carry than positive.

amzbrady

I am all for the support of your 2nd amendment rights, and as a former Oregon resident I am no stranger to open carry as I have done so many times myself however every video I have seen on the Porcupine 411 has shown a rather blatent disrespect towards our sworn peace officers which I DO NOT support. I personally feel that would just bring more negative attention to open carry than positive.

Please site videos showing a blatent disrespect toward our sworn peace officers. Every video I've seen most from the Keene report show one of those sworn peace officers going up to an open carrier who is legally carrying, minding their own business, while stopping them, demanding ID, and detaining them "while they are not being detained", so they can run their name and check them out. The peace officers are disturbing the citizens peace because they are carrying a piece. To many of them evedintly do not know it is not against the law to openly carry a firearm, at least in the states I have seen the videos from.

Last edited:

YoungSoldier

I did not say that LE enforcement was right however in almost every video I've seen the only thing these open carriers have done is further exacerbate the situation by choosing to be disrespectful themselves.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Please back up your statement.

I did not say that LE enforcement was right however in almost every video I've seen the only thing these open carriers have done is further exacerbate the situation by choosing to be disrespectful themselves.

Can you post one link, to one video where Porcupine 411 was used and the OCer was disrespectful?

sudden valley gunner

Please site videos showing a blatent disrespect toward our sworn peace officers. Every video I've seen most from the Keene report show one of those sworn peace officers going up to an open carrier who is legally carrying, minding their own business, while stopping them, demanding ID, and detaining them "while they are not being detained", so they can run their name and check them out. The peace officers are disturbing the citizens peace because they are carrying a piece. To many of them evedintly do not know it is not against the law to openly carry a firearm, at least in the states I have seen the videos from.

Can you post one link, to one video where Porcupine 411 was used and the OCer was disrespectful?

Some think standing up for your rights and not letting "authority" overstep their boundaries is showing disrespect and being "confrontational". I personally encourage all to stand up against unwarranted intrusion into your life. No such thing as a "consenual" stop when you don't want it.

If an LEO has nothing to hide why would they mind being recorded?

Isn't it funny how many times you hear this from statists and cops and "authorities" yet they quickly try rationalize why they shouldn't be subjected to it.

Jeff Hayes

Isnt it $15 per month per person or did I read that wrong. It would be less expensive to chip in on a dedicated phone line with an answering machine at someones home.

OrangeIsTrouble

Isnt it $15 per month per person or did I read that wrong. It would be less expensive to chip in on a dedicated phone line with an answering machine at someones home.

With a very long tape or no limit to length of message. <$9 a month for basic phone line + answering machine.

Edited to add, just remember to have a secondary backup recorder in a different location on you, sometimes cell phones don't catch audio that well.

Last edited:

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Still waiting...

Still waiting.... "almost every video", it can't be that hard.

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
I personally encourage all to stand up against unwarranted intrusion into your life.

I do not mind speaking to LEOs. I do mind being harrassed. This said, I expect, THAT IS EXPECT, to be considered innocent until proven guilty. Negative OC incidents seem to be a matter of "guilty cause you are doing something I don't like"

sudden valley gunner

If I can't just brush the LEO off like I would anybody else that is annoying me than to me it is an unwarranted intrusion into my life.

This does not mean I don't or am not friendly to cops, I even posted a thread were I approached State Troopers and thanked them for the way they treat us OC'ers and for how they handled a personal instance.

YoungSoldier

I apologize for taking so long to respond and you're correct. I did trail off I've been in the throws of the interview process of being hired as a corrections officer in Walla Walla. I understand that LEOs are often misguided in their understanding of the laws, and I believe we ALL have the right to open carry. I'm simply stating that this is a foreign concept to almost everyone except the select few of us who have taken the time to gain a further understanding of the law. We are going to have to work on this and understand that it will take time for our practices to be accepted whether we are legally justified or not.