• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Reno Motor Vehicles office encounter

DVC

City? Who wants to live in a CITY?, Nevada, USA
I got back in town today just in time to go register my RTP at the Reno Motor Vehicles office on Galetti Rd (go in on Saturdays, it eas almost empty!).

There was an issue with my insurance card, so I was on the phone with the company when the security guy came up behind me. He asked if I was "with someone or open carrying?" When I said I was just OC, he told me that I couldn't have the pistol, but since I was most of the way through what I was doing, to just remember next time that I couldn't bring it in.

I told him that I was legal, that the no CCW signs specified CCW permit holders with CCW (I guess if you're a criminal, you're okay . . ?). He tried to tell me that I was wrong, and I told him that HE was wrong and to go look it up.

He did.

He came back a few minutes later, and said "Excuse me . . .I have to apologize . . .you were right . . ." He had been misinformed by his supervisor, but read the procedures manual and not only wanted to apologize but make sure that I knew that HE didn't have a problem with OC.

After I was done at the window, we talked for a couple of minutes. He wanted to know what law covered OC, and I explained that there it no law against it, and how private property owners can prohibit it, but not state offices.

I also told him about this site and the NS site, so he may show up here. To not embarrass him, I won't give his name, but I just wanted everyone to know that the word is getting around, and that I was really impressed that he came and corrected the mistake right there in front of everyone.

chrsjhnsn