• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

IRONIC! 11 Year old boy Tazed Thursday after stabbing.

1245A Defender

Wow!!

Wow, that is a disturbing paragraph. It honestly concerns me that you are a parent, especially having been through what is basically child abuse and not being able to realise that it was wrong for him to have done that to you.

I will never understand the logic behind hitting a child as punishment in an attempt to teach them theyve done something wrong. You talk about how your father would beat your ass with whatever was handy, and if that worked so well as you claim it did then why is it that it happened more than once? Why is it that you even got too old for the paddle and STILL did things that you got punished for??

If it worked so well and is such a great idea then why is it that you STILL did things you werent supposed to afterwards?

Think about it.

This I Can AGREE WITH,^^^^^ wholeheartedly!!!

MikeTheGreek

Are you kidding me? Do you even pay attention to the **** going on in greece for awhile now? You can go on youtube and instantly find heaps of videos showing greek adults, teenagers and even younger kids rioting, faces covered in masks and throwing big rocks at people and through windows... Oh yeah, a group of rioters lit a policeman on fire with a petrol bomb a few months back.

Yeah, greece must be doing great right now.

Adults and teens, yes. Greece decided to spend everybody's money, and then tell them, to get it back, they'd have to increase the minimum retirement age to like 80, cut pensions and pay.

I'd riot too..

That's totally different than all the american kids acting up and killing people just because they're raised wrong.

zack991

Wow, that is a disturbing paragraph. It honestly concerns me that you are a parent, especially having been through what is basically child abuse and not being able to realize that it was wrong for him to have done that to you.

I will never understand the logic behind hitting a child as punishment in an attempt to teach them theyve done something wrong. You talk about how your father would beat your ass with whatever was handy, and if that worked so well as you claim it did then why is it that it happened more than once? Why is it that you even got too old for the paddle and STILL did things that you got punished for??

If it worked so well and is such a great idea then why is it that you STILL did things you weren't supposed to afterwards?

Think about it.

I was rarely paddled as a child, I got paddled when I was a kid when I screwed up big time, it was never used for trivial stupidity. For the stupid things I got all freedom removed from my daily routing, for a said period of weeks. My parents where strict with rules of what was allowed in the home and what was not, it certainly worked because when ever I thought of what would happen if my parents found out, it would nip that idea in the butt. When I hit around 14 my dad used labor for punishment for major screw ups(hauling bucked trees from the woods for winter), and my mother took my car keys(when 16), money, and anything that I held value in for weeks on end. She would also give me extra house work to boot. As for the rock moving, for example I broke my brothers noise after I thought he had taken 500 dollars cash I had saved up that I had in an envelope. I could not remember where I had placed it and I found what I thought was my cash in his room. I found out later that my parents found it lying openly on my passengers seat because the bank was closed and my father put it in his safe. I was positive that I had brought it back inside the day before when I got home from the bank. In the end the money was used for my brother doctors bills as punishment as well as moving the rock pile.

My parents where tough but fair, if I got paddled or if I got stuck doing hard work, there was no question I deserved it. I have never been in trouble with the law, never did drugs, never beat a woman, I was raised with a hard work ethic and don't expect handouts when I have not earned them. I know what it means to working for my pay, there is a line where disciplining a son/daughter can become abuse, but it never crossed that line. You would never see me or my siblings ever talk aback, roll our eyes, or anything. If we where told to do something.You said say mam or yes sir and you did what you where told to. We where not poor, but you never seen my parents buying us cars or crap that you seen all these spoiled kids do today with. I am not lazy sitting at home, smoking dope while on welfare with an arrest record. I never got allowance from my parents unless it was for hard work that was above my standard choirs. I have never spanked my kids but I do discipline my kids in military pt style.

Last edited:

Claytron

I was rarely paddled as a child, I got paddled when I was a kid when I screwed up big time, it was never used for trivial stupidity. For the stupid things I got all freedom removed from my daily routing, for a said period of weeks. My parents where strict with rules of what was allowed in the home and what was not, it certainly worked because when ever I thought of what would happen if my parents found out, it would nip that idea in the butt. When I hit around 14 my dad used labor for punishment for major screw ups(hauling bucked trees from the woods for winter), and my mother took my car keys(when 16), money, and anything that I held value in for weeks on end. She would also give me extra house work to boot. As for the rock moving, for example I broke my brothers noise after I thought he had taken 500 dollars cash I had saved up that I had in an envelope. I could not remember where I had placed it and I found what I thought was my cash in his room. I found out later that my parents found it lying openly on my passengers seat because the bank was closed and my father put it in his safe. I was positive that I had brought it back inside the day before when I got home from the bank. In the end the money was used for my brother doctors bills as punishment as well as moving the rock pile.

My parents where tough but fair, if I got paddled or if I got stuck doing hard work, there was no question I deserved it. I have never been in trouble with the law, never did drugs, never beat a woman, I was raised with a hard work ethic and don't expect handouts when I have not earned them. I know what it means to working for my pay, there is a line where disciplining a son/daughter can become abuse, but it never crossed that line. You would never see me or my siblings ever talk aback, roll our eyes, or anything. If we where told to do something.You said say mam or yes sir and you did what you where told to. We where not poor, but you never seen my parents buying us cars or crap that you seen all these spoiled kids do today with. I am not lazy sitting at home, smoking dope while on welfare with an arrest record. I never got allowance from my parents unless it was for hard work that was above my standard choirs. I have never spanked my kids but I do discipline my kids in military pt style.

well it seems like you confuse fear for respect and discipline. You didnt choose not to do stupid things because your parents actions taught you not to, you didnt do them because you were afraid of getting caught. I dont hit people in the face because i understand it isnt right, not because im scared of what will happen if im caught.

How much of this punishment did you go through before the situation where you physically assaulted your innocent brother? It would seem as if being struck made you more inclined to DO the striking than to learn why it shouldnt be done.

You talk about how you wouldnt do this or you wouldnt do that when your parents were around
.... but again this kind of proves my theory that you never learned WHY it was wrong to do something, just that you shouldnt do it around your parents for fear of punishment.

Q-Tip

There is a vast difference between "hitting" and "spanking". It doesn't make sense to me how a spanking can be considered abuse. The labor zack described is far from abuse. I did that kind of work (even though it had a point and was necessary) growing up because I was part of the family. I have also witnessed how spankings tied in with love and affirmation have completely turned kids lives around, and I am not exaggerating. To tie this in with the OP, I would bet my life's savings that if this 11-year old had been properly disciplined, which includes spankings, he would not have acted as he did and therefore not have been tazed. Seems to me it's more abuse to allow this type of behavior from a child and make him face real world consequences with no forewarning of their severity.

Claytron

There is a vast difference between "hitting" and "spanking". It doesn't make sense to me how a spanking can be considered abuse. The labor zack described is far from abuse. I did that kind of work (even though it had a point and was necessary) growing up because I was part of the family. I have also witnessed how spankings tied in with love and affirmation have completely turned kids lives around, and I am not exaggerating. To tie this in with the OP, I would bet my life's savings that if this 11-year old had been properly disciplined, which includes spankings, he would not have acted as he did and therefore not have been tazed. Seems to me it's more abuse to allow this type of behavior from a child and make him face real world consequences with no forewarning of their severity.

I just cant agree with the mentality that physically hitting a child is neccessary to raising it. You say spanking and hitting are different but lets get down to brass tacks here- its the same thing. You physically bring your hand down on a child in an attempt to cause pain and instill fear in them.

My mother never raised her hand to me, she always made me THINK about things I did wrong and explained to me WHY it was wrong. This caused me to think about things before i did them and taught me that i shouldnt do something that is wrong BECAUSE its wrong, not because i could get punished.

As far as spanking a child in order to teach them about "real world consequences" goes... When is the last time your boss spanked you for being late? The police spanked you for speeding? Those are real world situations that require a person to make the right choices or there are "real world consequences" but last time i checked you dont get spanked or physically hurt in those situations, you get fired and you get a fine, respectively.

DevinWKuska

well it seems like you confuse fear for respect and discipline. You didnt choose not to do stupid things because your parents actions taught you not to, you didnt do them because you were afraid of getting caught. I dont hit people in the face because i understand it isnt right, not because im scared of what will happen if im caught. How much of this punishment did you go through before the situation where you physically assaulted your innocent brother? It would seem as if being struck made you more inclined to DO the striking than to learn why it shouldnt be done.

You talk about how you wouldnt do this or you wouldnt do that when your parents were around
.... but again this kind of proves my theory that you never learned WHY it was wrong to do something, just that you shouldnt do it around your parents for fear of punishment.

If you were truly never physically disciplined and actually turned out not to be a spoiled little brat I want your parents e-mail as I am sure hoards of people want to know how they were the first ones to pull it off. Fear = respect nuff said! You teach your children not to play with your handguns because it might hurt them. You are using fear to instill respect. You spank your child so your child understands that if they choose to make wrong decisions there will be consequences that will be remembered. The law works the same way. You dont hit someone because you know he might hit you back harder, or you might even go to jail and lose your freedom.

If you are trying to tell me you dont hit people because you respect them I would tend to wager your 350lbs, and sit around your house watchingtv/video games. I have found its always the weak minded (who dont have much social skills) who spout on about peace. Human nature doesnt reflect peaceful very well at all. Dont believe me? Football, Hockey, Boxing, UFC... all violent sports and amazingly some the most observed sports(read somewhere UFC fighting is about to overtake football). Also look at all the War in human history, even down to fights between brothers! Men have it ingrained in their DNA to be aggressive and hunter/provider. America is trying to breed this out of males. Thus why we see men wearing pink clothes, and limp wristed handshakes to name a few.
Why is OC so effective in eluding conflicts? Because BGs have an associated fear/respect that if they confront you, they are risking what is sure to be painful or deadly consequences. You really dont have any room to talk about how people are so mislead if they think getting a whoopin, or doing some labor is abusive as I am betting most judges would quote "Spare the rod spoil the child". When actual abuse(leaving bruises/scars) occurs is when the line needs to be drawn Those ideals on how a child should be raised without any real consequence are why the family unit is becoming non-existent, and explains why 11yr olds are stabbing people.

HandyHamlet

I have found its always the weak minded (who dont have much social skills) who spout on about peace. Human nature doesnt reflect peaceful very well at all.

Think you have it backwards there sparky.

If by your statement almost any and every butthole is a bloodthirsty slob, club in one hand and a remote in the other, then only those with strength of mind would be able to attain any semblance of peace.

If there is to be peace in the world,
There must be peace in the nations.
If there is to be peace in the nations,
There must be peace in the cities.
If there is to be peace in the cities,
There must be peace between neighbors.
If there is to be peace between neighbors,
There must be peace in the home.
If there is to be peace in the home,
There must be peace in the heart.

~Lao Tzu

DevinWKuska

Think you have it backwards there sparky.

If by your statement almost any and every butthole is a bloodthirsty slob, club in one hand and a remote in the other, then only those with strength of mind would be able to attain any semblance of peace.

If there is to be peace in the world,
There must be peace in the nations.
If there is to be peace in the nations,
There must be peace in the cities.
If there is to be peace in the cities,
There must be peace between neighbors.
If there is to be peace between neighbors,
There must be peace in the home.
If there is to be peace in the home,
There must be peace in the heart.

~Lao Tzu

Interestingly enough you have not contributed 1 valid response to either this thread or the one referring to the 8yr old who was pepper sprayed. Looking at your dozen or so replies, your only postings are merely to tear down others with no evidence or reasoning to support your claims or insults. Just a thought... post your ideas and then back them up with SOMETHING. Your views and idea might be a bit better recieved. Until then your opinions are hard to seriously consider.

On a side note my wife feels your comment makes you hypocritical. Since if you believe in being peaceful in the heart, home, ect then being on a OC(gun related) forum seems a bit out of place. If you are peaceful then you should have no need for firearms. Which begs the question what is your agenda on this forum?

Last edited:

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
I'm not quite sure what's up with kids these days. I'm only 21, but when I was a kid, nobody was violent, no kids had guns, or knives or anything.

Kids these days, are drinking & getting high at 12, getting knocked up at 13, and murdering at 14.

I'm not sure what the **** happened between the time I was a kid, and the time some of these kids were born. But SOMEBODY needs to figure it out.

The generations keep getting worse and worse, you wanna talk about end of the world? What's going to happen to the world when THESE kids it one day. I sure don't want to find out...

It's parenting. That's it. You just happen to have now a days LOTS and LOTS of people just having LOTS and LOTS of babies. Why not? The more babies you have the more free money you get from the government. Then those lots of lots of babies grow up and mimic what they were raised in. Next thing you know, the government is about to shut down and has no money, but some of these r-tards became politicians and fight to keep giving out free money that doesn't exist.... and the wheel keeps on spinning.

bom1911

On a side note my wife feels your comment makes you hypocritical. Since if you believe in being peaceful in the heart, home, ect then being on a OC(gun related) forum seems a bit out of place. If you are peaceful then you should have no need for firearms. Which begs the question what is your agenda on this forum?

??? Are you saying that people carry guns because they want to be violent? Is that why you have them?

I believe in peace, and keep self defense tools handy in case I run into others that don't like to behave peacefully.

DevinWKuska

??? Are you saying that people carry guns because they want to be violent? Is that why you have them?

I believe in peace, and keep self defense tools handy in case I run into others that don't like to behave peacefully.

I believe you misunderstood. People carry firearms because they recognize the world is violent and are willing to fight violence with violence. I have some folks I work with that are "Peaceful" people that dont believe in violence, and thus wont defend themselves. They feel that if show you how to be peaceful you will somehow want to be like them. I carry firearms because its in my DNA to be a hunter/provider/protector. None of those I feel can be achieved peacefully especially if SHTF. Does that make a bit more sense? Let me know perphaps I can clarify further.

Q-Tip

My mother never raised her hand to me, she always made me THINK about things I did wrong and explained to me WHY it was wrong. This caused me to think about things before i did them and taught me that i shouldnt do something that is wrong BECAUSE its wrong, not because i could get punished.

As far as spanking a child in order to teach them about "real world consequences" goes... When is the last time your boss spanked you for being late? The police spanked you for speeding? Those are real world situations that require a person to make the right choices or there are "real world consequences" but last time i checked you dont get spanked or physically hurt in those situations, you get fired and you get a fine, respectively.

How does a 2, 3 or even 5-year old rationally think about right and wrong? And even if they can, they need to be shown what will happen if they do something wrong, and one reason why wrong actions are not advisable. Of course people aren't spanked for real crimes, that's absolute nonsense. The point of spanking is to say "there are painful consequences to wrong actions." That's not instilling fear, it's giving them the whole truth. Real world consequences are much deeper, more painful, and more complex than spankings, but a spanking is a consequence that a child can relate to and fully comprehend.

eye95

How does a 2, 3 or even 5-year old rationally think about right and wrong? And even if they can, they need to be shown what will happen if they do something wrong, and one reason why wrong actions are not advisable. Of course people aren't spanked for real crimes, that's absolute nonsense. The point of spanking is to say "there are painful consequences to wrong actions." That's not instilling fear, it's giving them the whole truth. Real world consequences are much deeper, more painful, and more complex than spankings, but a spanking is a consequence that a child can relate to and fully comprehend.

Truth.

As a teacher, I can assure you that the immediate objective of any lesson often bears little resemblance to the ultimate goal. Unfortunately, for the unskilled teacher (or unskilled parent) this nuance escapes them; they then focus only on the immediate objective, losing sight of the long-term growth that results when the natural process of abstraction from all these individual lessons builds a person.

HandyHamlet

Interestingly enough...

Yes I did contribute. I said it took big men to condemn an 8 year old based on one story posted to the internet.

My reasons for being here are none of your wife's business. Or yours.

News flash. Your opinions mean absolutely d*ck. As do mine or anyone else's here. Your opinions about what I post mean even less. If that's possible.

My post directed at your comment was not a personal attack. If you don't like my take on your "logic" then by all means put me on ignore. If you wish to discuss that you said about peace I'm all ears.

:D

Last edited:

XDFDE45

WORD
+1.gif
. There is a line between discipline and abuse which some parents can't seem to tell the difference between. I got spanked maybe 5-7 times as a kid and whenever I did I can guarantee you I never did what I got spanked for ever again. I was never afraid of my dad after said spanking and I never had "issues" with my parents that needed therapy after I grew up. I've noticed that over the years as so called "experts" say how parents shouldn't use any kind of capital punishment on their children that many, but not all, of them seem to end up like the kid on the story that this thread is about and to some extent the one who was pepper sprayed. If kids aren't shown that there are consequences to their actions then they will continue to do so.

DevinWKuska

Yes I did contribute. I said it took big men to condemn an 8 year old based on one story posted to the internet.

My reasons for being here are none of your wife's business. Or yours.

News flash. Your opinions mean absolutely d*ck. As do mine or anyone else's here. Your opinions about what I post mean even less. If that's possible.

My post directed at your comment was not a personal attack. If you don't like my take on your "logic" then by all means put me on ignore. If you wish to discuss that you said about peace I'm all ears.

:D

Once again you have not posted any response that provokes thought at all. Your comments usually seem to be directed only toward tearing down posts on threads. Feel free to interject personal experiences or some sort of evidence supporting your ideas. I think you might even convince someone of your ways of thought. But to simply make fun of or tear someone down does little but show lack of logic.

You say it takes a big man to condemn an 8 yr old. Ok... so why do you think that? What is your reasoning behind this thought? Can you enlighten us on how not to "condemn" an 8 yr old who is so out of control that needs to be pepper sprayed?" Or to be more on topic what are your thoughts on this 11yr old who stabbed a man with a knife? This is what I am getting at. You as a person doesnt really pertain to this thread if that makes sense. Your views and why/how you believe them is whats important IMO.

Interestingly enough some posters have been referring to punishments to establish right and wrong to children correct? What I am asking is that instead of just telling someone they are wrong(which again IMO serves nothing more then to belittle). Be willing to support your accusation or belief. Otherwise your thoughts seem ill-willed.

Claytron

If you were truly never physically disciplined and actually turned out not to be a spoiled little brat I want your parents e-mail as I am sure hoards of people want to know how they were the first ones to pull it off. Fear = respect nuff said! You teach your children not to play with your handguns because it might hurt them. You are using fear to instill respect. You spank your child so your child understands that if they choose to make wrong decisions there will be consequences that will be remembered. The law works the same way. You dont hit someone because you know he might hit you back harder, or you might even go to jail and lose your freedom.

If you are trying to tell me you dont hit people because you respect them I would tend to wager your 350lbs, and sit around your house watchingtv/video games. I have found its always the weak minded (who dont have much social skills) who spout on about peace. Human nature doesnt reflect peaceful very well at all. Dont believe me? Football, Hockey, Boxing, UFC... all violent sports and amazingly some the most observed sports(read somewhere UFC fighting is about to overtake football). Also look at all the War in human history, even down to fights between brothers! Men have it ingrained in their DNA to be aggressive and hunter/provider. America is trying to breed this out of males. Thus why we see men wearing pink clothes, and limp wristed handshakes to name a few.
Why is OC so effective in eluding conflicts? Because BGs have an associated fear/respect that if they confront you, they are risking what is sure to be painful or deadly consequences. You really dont have any room to talk about how people are so mislead if they think getting a whoopin, or doing some labor is abusive as I am betting most judges would quote "Spare the rod spoil the child". When actual abuse(leaving bruises/scars) occurs is when the line needs to be drawn Those ideals on how a child should be raised without any real consequence are why the family unit is becoming non-existent, and explains why 11yr olds are stabbing people.

No offense, but how do you know that you didnt just have shitty parents? Your post is just one big insult with barely any intelligent opinions at all. You call that respect? Again, where i came from its called being an ******* and i didnt take a wooden spoon, a slap against the head or hauling rocks for 10 hours a day to help me realize that.

Would you or would you not agree that people tend to take the easy way out? If thats true then why do you act like just because the majority uses "fear to teach respect" that it makes it the best way? Again maybe its just your lack of common sense showing but the fact that you joke about my parents being the first to raise a child correctly without making it "fear" them through physical or mental abuse makes me believe that maybe you just grew up with bad parents in a bad environment.

Are your parents educated? If not maybe that led to them personally not being able to do their job as parents intelligently enough to avoid using physical pain as a way to get you to stop being a bad child?

And no offense but uhh....."weak minded"? Really? Your biggest fears end up being revealed as men wearing pink clothing and giving limp wristed handshakes. You act like the typical american, middle aged, macho, uneducated, beer guzzling, crotch scratching fool that thinks a big 4x4 truck and a reversible budwieser fleece jacket is all someone needs in life.

People like me with education, good parenting and solid minds will be helping to run this country and make it tick, while people like you will sit at home getting ready to watch professional wrestling, getting ready to beat your kid to teach him to respect you.

DevinWKuska

No offense, but how do you know that you didnt just have shitty parents? Your post is just one big insult with barely any intelligent opinions at all. You call that respect? Again, where i came from its called being an ******* and i didnt take a wooden spoon, a slap against the head or hauling rocks for 10 hours a day to help me realize that.

Would you or would you not agree that people tend to take the easy way out? If thats true then why do you act like just because the majority uses "fear to teach respect" that it makes it the best way? Again maybe its just your lack of common sense showing but the fact that you joke about my parents being the first to raise a child correctly without making it "fear" them through physical or mental abuse makes me believe that maybe you just grew up with bad parents in a bad environment. Are your parents educated? If not maybe that led to them personally not being able to do their job as parents intelligently enough to avoid using physical pain as a way to get you to stop being a bad child?
And no offense but uhh....."weak minded"? Really? Your biggest fears end up being revealed as men wearing pink clothing and giving limp wristed handshakes. You act like the typical american, middle aged, macho, uneducated, beer guzzling, crotch scratching fool that thinks a big 4x4 truck and a reversible budwieser fleece jacket is all someone needs in life. People like me with education, good parenting and solid minds will be helping to run this country and make it tick, while people like you will sit at home getting ready to watch professional wrestling, getting ready to beat your kid to teach him to respect you.

Because I didnt really have parents... I was raised by the state. Who incidently says dont hit your children... Would you say that you had proper reasoning skills at say age 8? That you could fully understand the consequences of your actions and the gravity of the situation when you made poor decisions? I would say probably not. Thus as someone previously pointed out a spanking/ect gives a little child a consequence they can understand. You keep using terminology like "Beat, and beating" I dont really think of a spanking as a beating. Again beating is not what I think is necessary. Leaving bruises, welts, cuts, broken bones, and burns is not what I or probably most of the posters here are referring to. These are un-acceptable ways to punish a child.

My examples of of pink clothing or limp-wristed handshakes was to give a referance as to how American society is trying to breed men into women. My wife for instance reads cosmo magazine. I will have find the issue for your referance but it said most women felt they were the dominant one in the relationship because their "man" wouldnt. This is a fairly newer issue in society I should think. Should women be barefoot and pregnant... no thats not what I am saying either. My point is its becoming harder and harder to distinguish gender other then checking whats under their clothing.

btw I am 27(I dont think thats middle aged anyways) I cant stand the taste of beer, or wine, and seldom drink at all. I have no college degree but have taken many classes and was in AP classes in high school. I dont own a 4x4 truck, in fact I think men who feel the need to jack their trucks up 10ft high and put huge tires on them must be compensating for something. Further more I dont watch wrestling(or any sport for that matter since I dont watch television) and I dont "Beat" children, though I might give them a spank on the butt. You seem very bitter, My intent was not to agrivate you, merely I just cant see how could have been raised without any form of physical consequences or labor. Atleast not without turning out
anti-social" I have some friends who are raising their child without physical discispline and thier child has a rotten attitude and has been expelled from kindergarten and 1 1st grade class.

rotorhead

11 year old kid tazed by police Thursday at around 6pm after stabbing 37 year old male.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/story/2011/04/08/bc-prince-george-boy-taser-rcmp.html

For the few people who believe young kids can't actually be dangerous.

Heres a result of one of those "what if" scenarios where they do actually go through with the crime.

Some reports say that the kid stabbed a man with a steak knife, then barricaded himself in the home. After emerging from the home, with knife in hand, one of the police officers deployed his "Conducted Energy Weapon" (What Canadian police call the Taser)

Any thoughts on this?

Who ever implied that young kids couldn't be dangerous? In my case it was an objection to a few internet Rambos who felt that any amount of force was justified against an 8 year old just as it would be for an threat posed by an adult. I didn't read much from anyone that stated young kids couldn't be dangerous.

Sensationalism in posts has the same effect as it does in journalism. It does nothing but set up false circumstances, thereby reducing the credibility of it's author.